Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Southend Match Thread

Is it only me who thinks folks are underestimating Southend, they've had back to back promotions and have done ok so far this season, we can beat them and if we do that should give us a boost going into the next few games (some of which are pretty tough IMHO) but it's not a sure thing and it's going to be a tough game that could really go either way.

I definitely don't think they're a team to be underestimated, they've had a better start than us this season.

I'm worried about Freddy Eastwood, he's meant to be a bit good, isn't he

Is it only me who thinks folks are underestimating Southend, they've had back to back promotions and have done ok so far this season, we can beat them and if we do that should give us a boost going into the next few games (some of which are pretty tough IMHO) but it's not a sure thing and it's going to be a tough game that could really go either way.

The way we've played for the last few years I never underestimate the ability of the opposition or our's to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I don't think they'll be easy but I'm genuinely positive about today. If we keep the more lively way we've gone into the last few games I think it's time chances started paying off. Interesting to see who starts up front, but I genuinely do fancy Fryatt to score and a 2 - 0 / 2 - 1 win.

Southend are a much better team than many people believe and their manager, Steve Tilson, is no muppet.

This could be an awkward match for us and the players will have to stay alert for the full 90 minutes - none of them can afford to switch off (as seems to happen of late).

They key is to make sure we take full advantage of any opportunity that comes our way - far too often chances are squandered in front of goal and we end up flapping.

COME ON LEICESTER!

Southend are a much better team than many people believe and their manager, Steve Tilson, is no muppet.

This could be an awkward match for us and the players will have to stay alert for the full 90 minutes - none of them can afford to switch off (as seems to happen of late).

They key is to make sure we take full advantage of any opportunity that comes our way - far too often chances are squandered in front of goal and we end up flapping.

COME ON LEICESTER!

And that's just our goalie :P

comeonlcfc.gif

I wouldn't underestimate anyone, it will cost you always... ;)

COME ON FOXES, SHOW US WHAT YOU CAN DO... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I reckon Southend will be tough though, they have now promoted twice and have a wave of confidence and belief they can achieve anything.

If we come with game and mindset right, we should do it though.... GO FOXES GO.... :D:D

I reckon Leicester 2-1

I hope to hear some of it on BBC World Service, sadly it will be 1am when I listen.... oh well, FOXES ARE WORTH IT... :)

Source

Eight Changes For Southend Clash

Rob Kelly makes eight changes to his side that gained a 2-0 midweek victory over Macclesfield for the Championship clash against Southend at the Walkers Stadium.

In come Paul Henderson, Darren Kenton, Patrick Kisnorbo, Nils-Eric Johansson, Stephen Hughes, Andy Johnson, Danny Tiatto and Matty Fryatt for Conrad Logan, Richard Stearman, Gareth McAuley, Alan Maybury, James Wesolowski, Gareth Williams, Levi Porter and Iain Hume.

Tiatto returns following a two-week absence with a thigh injury, while Kenton has recovered from an ankle knock to take up his place in the side.

Chris O'Grady, who made his full debut for the club against the Silkmen, retains his place to make his first league start for the Foxes.

Former Fox Spencer Prior is named on the bench for the visitors.

City: Henderson, Kenton, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Johansson, Low, Hughes, Johnson, Tiatto, Fryatt, O'Grady.

Subs: Logan, Hume, Stearman, Williams, Porter.

Southend: Flahavan, Francis, Barrett, Gower, Maher, Eastwood, Guttridge, Clarke, Campbell-Ryce, Hammell, Paynter.

Subs: Hunt, Prior, Cole, Collis, Lawson.

Archived