Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

A reason for not giving debuts to academy players

when academy players make there first start the club has to pay them £10,000. Perhaps money is a bit tight :D. i notice COG has just bought a flashy car, so has stearman. perhaps the new car is whats taken stearmans eye off the ball recently

Perhaps if the club told Dodds they cannot afford £10,000 he might come to some arrangement because I'm sure it's no reason to be holding a player's development up. But it might well help to explain a few things.

Gradel and Sheehan could yet be "missing" for some time then, by the sound of it.

The obvious solution, of course, would have been to have sold Maybury when the opportunity arose. That would have paid for a few debuts.

Perhaps if the club told Dodds they cannot afford £10,000 he might come to some arrangement because I'm sure it's no reason to be holding a player's development up. But it might well help to explain a few things.

Gradel and Sheehan could yet be "missing" for some time then, by the sound of it.

The obvious solution, of course, would have been to have sold Maybury when the opportunity arose. That would have paid for a few debuts.

At 250k, we could have bought at least another new face, and the embarassment of Asaba could have been avoided!!!

Sheehan's already made his debut for the first team though. The only reason he'll be missing for some time, if he doesn't make another appearance for us, is because Rob Kelly doesn't rate him.

I had heard this before but wasn't sure if it was true or not. It's amazing to think a player can go from earning very little a week to suddenly getting a £10K bonus. Great incentive for the young lads if playing for the first team wasn't enough for them.

when academy players make there first start the club has to pay them £10,000. Perhaps money is a bit tight . i notice COG has just bought a flashy car, so has stearman. perhaps the new car is whats taken stearmans eye off the ball recently

And how have you come to know this?

What motor has COG bought?

I saw Stearman in a golf with private number plate, same car?

What is Gradel's username then?

Sorry for all the questions!!!!!

I'm sure Stearman has got a Porsche now and O'Grady's got a Beamer.

Sheehan's already made his debut for the first team though. The only reason he'll be missing for some time, if he doesn't make another appearance for us, is because Rob Kelly doesn't rate him.

I had heard this before but wasn't sure if it was true or not. It's amazing to think a player can go from earning very little a week to suddenly getting a £10K bonus. Great incentive for the young lads if playing for the first team wasn't enough for them.

You're probably right. I didn't know if he was on an Academy contract at that time. So did Chambers get £10,000 or would that be different again?

Stearman does have a porsche.

A boxster I hope then?

If not we are paying him too much and his ego has got the better of him...

Beemer... I think thats about right.... :whistle:

Taggart used to drive a golf.. and it was never washed and looked knackered...they say a car reflects its owner.

A boxster I hope then?

If not we are paying him too much and his ego has got the better of him...

Beemer... I think thats about right.... :whistle:

Taggart used to drive a golf.. and it was never washed and looked knackered...they say a car reflects its owner.

What's your current lovewagonmobile then Cap'n Jankington Sire?

:pirate:

How can COG & RS afford flash cars? How much are we paying them?

I was told Stearman's on between £3.5K and £4K a week but don't know how reliable the source was.

So did Chambers get £10,000 or would that be different again?

Billy Mckay's grandad said something about if Mckay stepped foot on the pitch for a first team game he'd get a large financial bonus but sounded like a joke then. Not sure whether Mckay was a scholar at that time or whether he was still a schoolboy. £10K for a lad under 16 sounds mind boggling. If Chambers was given that kind of money you'd think it would be given to his parents or guardians to look after or put into a bank account he couldn't touch until he was older. Who knows?

I was told Stearman's on between £3.5K and £4K a week but don't know how reliable the source was.

Billy Mckay's grandad said something about if Mckay stepped foot on the pitch for a first team game he'd get a large financial bonus but sounded like a joke then. Not sure whether Mckay was a scholar at that time or whether he was still a schoolboy. £10K for a lad under 16 sounds mind boggling. If Chambers was given that kind of money you'd think it would be given to his parents or guardians to look after or put into a bank account he couldn't touch until he was older. Who knows?

Would that have been his grandad on here asking about him at the end of the summer?.

At 250k, we could have bought at least another new face, and the embarassment of Asaba could have been avoided!!!

For 250k we could have blooded in 25 Academy players.

I'm sure that'd make some people very happy...

... including me.

At least I know why Mattock hasn't had his chance yet. :ph34r:

when academy players make there first start the club has to pay them £10,000. Perhaps money is a bit tight :D. i notice COG has just bought a flashy car, so has stearman. perhaps the new car is whats taken stearmans eye off the ball recently

Me and Jonbluefox9 saw Stearman after the WBA match zoom off in his new Boxter (that's a porsche! for people who don't watch top gear or like cars) with Weso in the passenger seat. He seemed to be loving it, maybe his footie has taken a backseat recently :rolleyes:

I'm sure Stearman has got a Porsche now and O'Grady's got a Beamer.

Stearman - Porsche Boxter as people have said - I'd have been happy with the Golf...

O'Grady has an Audi TT. Also Personal number plate.

Matty Fryatt used to have an old Ford Fiesta (Not too old but the old shape) when he first came to club, Its not a bad car but I pissed myself when he first come - Its not exactly a footballer car is it?

Not Fryatt owns a BMW X3.

TBH ALOT of our players own BMW X3/X5's. Henderson used to turn up in a really old Beetle when he first joined he now owns a BMW X3.

Josh Low has about the "worst" car and i'd be happy with it - A Golf. Old Shape.

You can tell I spend alot of time looking at the players cars ah?! :unsure::whistle:

Archived