Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

when fryatt is fit.....

should he walk back in the team or wait for the current players to lose their place.

Never change a winning side!.....Two wins in two, so just keep faith with them.

Besides it would'nt send a good message out to the team if Fryatt just walked back in where he left off.

Unless of course others were injured, just as happened to himself really!

Besides it would'nt send a good message out to the team if Fryatt just walked back in where he left off.

The fact we made three changes is basically down to our injuries sustained at the weekend.

Had we picked up no injuries, even Kisnorbo may not have returned to the lineup because of our 'keep the winning formula' ideas.

Fryatt will be benched when he's fit. He'll get a few sub appearances to ease him back to fitness, but whether he secures a starting spot will remain to be seen. ;)

I've subscribed to that notion in the past but not now. One key thing for Kelly is to keep all his genuine squad members fit.

If anyone is out for three or four weeks, either through injury or loss of form, we've nowhere to keep him match fit and you see what happened to Williams when he had to play two games in such quick succession.

Tiatto is another who, in my view, just won't stand constant action.

I wouldn't pick Fryatt anyway right now, even if he was fully fit, but like Lookwhat, would seek to keep him involved and in trim.

Same with McCarthy. I'd go with McAuley/Kisnorbo tomorrow given every choice, but it's no use McCarthy being idle for too long.

When matches arrive in quick succession resting players can be as important as working them. And if everyone remains involved it fosters a broader team spirit providing the manager knows everyone can and will do his job.

The other thing with winning teams is that someone within that team could still be under par and in that case if the manager has options he should go for whoever he thinks will improve the side. There's no sense in voluntarily selecting a weak player whatever the previous result.

Because we won last night doesn't mean our best side wouldn't have won and perhaps won by more. You don't know. I do know that we seemed to do well in various aspects of our game last night and that Leeds sounded as if they are in a dreadful situation and ripe for being beaten by anyone in the League.

After all we could have had six or seven last night. That's a serious crisis for Leeds.

Fryatt hasn't scored yet this season and has looked decidedly lacking in confidence. Hume (before Matty got injured) was doing everything BUT score, now he's had a run in the team he's on fire - I think that answers any questions about Fryatt walking straight back in the side. He has to earn it like everyone else is supposed to and, as has been mentioned previously, dont change a winning side!

I was thinking the same this morning.

I'm not sure whether it's a coincidence that since Fryatt has been injured, results have improved.

No doubt he is a class act, but if results carry on the way they are, no way should be walk back into the team...

Any news on his injury? Ans I wonder if Weso is struggling again? Not even on the bench last night and we had a few players out! Hmmmm, not good.

i heard gareth hobbled away on crutches :( not good. hopefully the lad is fine and we can have plenty options ahead of our win against palace

Any news on his injury? Ans I wonder if Weso is struggling again? Not even on the bench last night and we had a few players out! Hmmmm, not good.

I've heard nothing... safe to say it's nothing too carear threatning if he was out of hospital in 45 minutes though. I'd say he's done something similar to Fryatt.

I think Weso's just been dropped, he'll get back in the sixteen before to long.

I like Fryatt but I'm not sure if he'll play for City again. I've got a funny feeling he'll request to leave/will leave in January window.

Don't ask me for evidence, its my gut feeling!!

Hes got a three and half year contract.

I cant see him going.

Jus my gut feeling. :ph34r:

Hes got a three and half year contract.

I cant see him going.

Jus my gut feeling. :ph34r:

Can't imagine him going unless we want him too.

And where will he go?.

What's he done to attract a queue of scouts? Certainly there's no way he'd make a Premiership striker on any evidence I've seen, especially this season.

Fryatt doesn't start to compare with some of Leicester's top strikers over the years so he's got a long, long way to go.

His job now is to get himself properly fit and convince the boss he can challenge for a place.

Can't imagine him going unless we want him too.

And where will he go?.

What's he done to attract a queue of scouts? Certainly there's no way he'd make a Premiership striker on any evidence I've seen, especially this season.

Fryatt doesn't start to compare with some of Leicester's top strikers over the years so he's got a long, long way to go.

His job now is to get himself properly fit and convince the boxx he can challenge for a place.

What kind - Penalty or Post?

:laugh: :doh::thumbup:

weve scored 5 goals in 2 games with Hume and Hammond upfront, we didnt score that in 5 games with the Fryatt and (the once loved) OGrady parntership. Unless this changes keep him on the bench. Although hes udoubtedly the best finisher he wasnt doing it, so keep with the most skilled and pacy

Archived