Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Asaba Gone

Asaba Moves On

0,,10274~2995133,00.jpg

Leicester City have today confirmed that trialist Carl Asaba has left the club.

The Foxes offered the 33-year-old frontman, who has been training with the club since September 18, a short-term deal ahead of their Championship clash against Crystal Palace.

But the two parties were unable to agree terms.

Boss Rob Kelly said: "Carl has been working here for a couple of weeks on trial. We made him an offer of a short-term contract but couldn't agree terms, so Carl has now left us. We wish him luck wherever he ends up."

:sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating:

Asaba Moves On

0,,10274~2995133,00.jpg

Leicester City have today confirmed that trialist Carl Asaba has left the club.

The Foxes offered the 33-year-old frontman, who has been training with the club since September 18, a short-term deal ahead of their Championship clash against Crystal Palace.

But the two parties were unable to agree terms.

Boss Rob Kelly said: "Carl has been working here for a couple of weeks on trial. We made him an offer of a short-term contract but couldn't agree terms, so Carl has now left us. We wish him luck wherever he ends up."

:sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating::sweating:

More likely to bring a striker in on loan now. At least we are not taking him just for the sake of it, whas happening with matty piper

Crikey, we offered him a deal? And he didn't take it? So... he was just using us then... :cry: I feel dirty.

Yea. I bet Dodds feels great about that. How to foster club loyalty....

Asaba nips down to get fit and gets offered a chance in our first team squad. Dodds spends years with us, gets 20+ goals a season and gets shipped out to Northwich because we can offer him sod-all!.

Asaba nips down to get fit and gets offered a chance in our first team squad. Dodds spends years with us, gets 20+ goals a season and gets shipped out to Northwich because we can offer him sod-all!.

In the academy.

In the academy.

He scored lots of goals in the Academy, lots of goals in the Reserves and who the hell says he can't score lots of goals in the first team.

Tell you what. It's a pity Asaba's not signed and I could bet you £100 as to who would score most goals per game played.

Get real Thrach.

On one hand you say that we can't expect players to be fit because of the lack of reserve team games but when we take a couple of weeks looking at Asaba, suddenly without reserve team games he's got fit at our and Louis Dodd's expense.

Dodd's is at Northwich Victoria which indicates to me that he's not yet quite ready to take the step up to first team football.

It could well be that rather than offer him sod all that he's been given a clear path of expectations that will lead him towards the starting spot in the first eleven.

Loan spells have worked for Logan and O'Grady so Dodds can see a real precedent. It is now up to him to step up to the plate. I hope he does.

Get real Thrach.

On one hand you say that we can't expect players to be fit because of the lack of reserve team games but when we take a couple of weeks looking at Asaba, suddenly without reserve team games he's got fit at our and Louis Dodd's expense.

Dodd's is at Northwich Victoria which indicates to me that he's not yet quite ready to take the step up to first team football.

It could well be that rather than offer him sod all that he's been given a clear path of expectations that will lead him towards the starting spot in the first eleven.

Loan spells have worked for Logan and O'Grady so Dodds can see a real precedent. It is now up to him to step up to the plate. I hope he does.

Dodds was fit enough in August. If we've offered Asaba a contract, it's presumably because he's fit enough to step into the first team squad - having had no more football than Dodds which was just the same as Brevett as I recall and he looked right out of sorts even in the reserves.

Had we have kept Dodds fit the question needn't have arisen and, yes, I'm appalled we don't have the structure to do that.

I'm saying how would you have felt being shipped out to Northwich with those goals under your belt almost at the same time as some has-been was being offered a pathway into the first team having demonstrated nothing in a real situation. And what future would Asaba have had here anyway at 33-years-old?

I've no idea whether loan spells worked magic for Logan or O'Grady (Logan looked fine when I saw him anyway), but this rent-a-crowd idea doesn't go down with me one bit, especially when it's the prospect of renting some old timer who's going nowhere.

Archived