Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who agrees with blanderson?

Hughes = Mof theM

City's top man, his best display of the season with a fine range of passing, especially sweeping drives from one flank to the other.

City were a bit make-and-mend because of their injury concerns, but their best players were Stephen Hughes and Danny Tiatto in a midfield which would probably have featured Andy Johnson and Gareth Williams if they had been fit.

With due respect, they were not missed. Hughes' passing and positive play, allied with Tiatto's usual tenacity and an energy belying his "experience", were major factors in the game.

Hughes = Mof theM

City's top man, his best display of the season with a fine range of passing, especially sweeping drives from one flank to the other.

I thought Hughesy had one of his better games but I think his statements are a little OTT :blink:

Hughes = Mof theM

He's Scottish for a start. I rarely read any of his reports but to suggest Hughes was MoM was nonsense and his view isn't helped be some of his previous assessments.

Hughes had a better game than his others this season and at least did the simple things fairly competently. But when did he ever hurt the opposition with a really clever pass, a brilliant space creating run or shots that demanded quality saves or threatened a goal in some other way?.

Hammond, Hume and Tiatto the men in the frame for MoM and that was pretty well confirmed across the board by the fans.

But when did he ever hurt the opposition with a really clever pass, a brilliant space creating run or shots that demanded quality saves or threatened a goal in some other way?.

That pass to Hammond that led to the penalty not count for some reason?

This guy has no clue what he is on about!! Hughes had a half decent game, but Tiatto and Elvis were certainly better than him on Saturday, and one of them certainly deserved MotM. Hughes wasn't even going to be considered for MotM by me :)

[..] Hughes had a better game than his others this season and at least did the simple things fairly competently. But when did he ever hurt the opposition with a really clever pass, a brilliant space creating run or shots that demanded quality saves or threatened a goal in some other way?.

Yeah, but who else in the team does that anyway?

Hughes had a good game, not MOTM, but certainly much closer to what we all expect from him.

Bandwagons aren't one way tickets guys, you don't have to stay on them you know? Give credit where credit is due ffs.

That pass to Hammond that led to the penalty not count for some reason?

That was not a defence hurting pass as such, Hammond made something out of nothing really. But no-one's saying he didn't have a better game, quite the contrary. They are just saying he was nowhere near MoM.

Having read the rest of his ratings he made the team sound like world beaters who had just won by a distance which was simply not the case.

We played alright as a team without question but were nothing exceptional. In fact with their shot which deflected off a post and Logan's save at the end we were quite fortunate not to lose.

He got better as the game went on, but he couldn't get worse.

He has one pace and thats slow.

When he is jogging back after the ball has gone out he runs the sameas when he is chasing a defender down.

Not good enough

Hughes does have talent, but shows it even less frequently than Gareth Williams. I don't think Hughes wants to be here, his performances at Rangers showed the talent he has. Before anyone tells me that the SPL isn't as strong as our league, i'm well aware of the shortcomings in Scotland but the Championship is full of dross aswell and Hughes should be capable of dominating matches in this division.

He either isn't suited to the Championship, which I find hard to believe or he isn't pushing himself hard enough.

Hughes does have talent, but shows it even less frequently than Gareth Williams. I don't think Hughes wants to be here, his performances at Rangers showed the talent he has. Before anyone tells me that the SPL isn't as strong as our league, i'm well aware of the shortcomings in Scotland but the Championship is full of dross aswell and Hughes should be capable of dominating matches in this division.

He either isn't suited to the Championship, which I find hard to believe or he isn't pushing himself hard enough.

I think playing alongside Johnson has meant having to do a lot of donkey work which really isn't his thing. If he was free to do the more creative stuff, he'd be a more effective player. We know he can do it because we've seen it before. Frustrating player.

I think playing alongside Johnson has meant having to do a lot of donkey work which really isn't his thing. If he was free to do the more creative stuff, he'd be a more effective player. We know he can do it because we've seen it before. Frustrating player.

I actually prefer him on the right wing. :ph34r:

:blink: I cannot believe Anderson - Hughes was invisible. It may have been his best game of recent times but (a) that's a very low standard and (b) he probably "improved" by making less noticeable mistakes but certainly didn't improve in the sense of having any meaningful impact on the game.

He is lightweight and doesn't seem to care. I'd rather give the shirt to a youth-teamer who'd put a bit of effort in if none of the other first-team midfielders are fit.

The other thing about Anderson - and regular readers of his ratings can correct me if I'm wrong - but whenever I've read his marks and reasoning it been virtually non-stop praise. No-one ever seems to have a stinker which is all very well but it costs in credibility especially when the side were foundering at the bottom end of the table.

The other thing about Anderson - and regular readers of his ratings can correct me if I'm wrong - but whenever I've read his marks and reasoning it been virtually non-stop praise. No-one ever seems to have a stinker which is all very well but it costs in credibility especially when the side were foundering at the bottom end of the table.

You are not wrong - I cannot recall a single occasion when a player has every performed anything other than above average.

The only people that ever under perform are the fans, sure they were probably wrong about Bloomfield and maybe Milne, but if Blanderson had his way we'd still be waiting for McLintock, Hamilton, Pleat, Taylor and Levein to save us.

His match reports are mostly garbage as well.

Archived