Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Wesolowski Injury

Kelly finally gave an update on the fitness of James Wesolowski, who was forced from the field at half time through injury.

He added: "James took a bit of a kick during the first half and following the game against Villa on Tuesday we thought it best to take him off. It's too soon at the moment to be able to tell whether or not he'll be available for the Stoke game."

Kelly content with point

Nothing too serious, then, by the sounds of it.

There was a shocking challenge on him in the first half their midfielder just took him out with 2 legs. Some refs would have given a red for that as it looked very dangerous. Lucky he walked away from it but I suspect thats the cause, and also why he didnt do much for the rest of the half.

There was a shocking challenge on him in the first half their midfielder just took him out with 2 legs. Some refs would have given a red for that as it looked very dangerous. Lucky he walked away from it but I suspect thats the cause, and also why he didnt do much for the rest of the half.

It would be QPR wouldn't it? :whistle:

<_<

Kelly content with point

Nothing too serious, then, by the sounds of it.

Kelly:

"We started the game well and scored early. That is something that we work quite hard on."

Why don't we work as hard on scoring a second instead of then conceding the initiative?

Yes, when we lost a man our closing out of the game was commendable - and generally well done - but this idea of "holding out" when we get in front rarely works. We have to change our mental attitutude.

Time and again after we'd scored today but before we lost a man, attackers were left isolated with insurricient support. Times Hammond made a great run to assist an attack and left lots of space behind him in the box which was NEVER attacked. Not once.

Andy King is our best by miles at doing this.

Kelly:

"We started the game well and scored early. That is something that we work quite hard on."

Why don't we work as hard on scoring a second instead of then conceding the initiative?

...and with those predicted words there's my £10 win! :banana:

Thracian is a walking lottery tonight :D

Kelly:

Yes, when we lost a man our closing out of the game was commendable - and generally well done - but this idea of "holding out" when we get in front rarely works. We have to change our mental attitutude.

Time and again after we'd scored today but before we lost a man, attackers were left isolated with insurricient support. Times Hammond made a great run to assist an attack and left lots of space behind him in the box which was NEVER attacked. Not once.

Andy King is our best by miles at doing this.

I have said the parts in bold many times myself on here and have been ridiculed for it, much like you usually are (no offence Grandpa T :) ). I too feel we need to work on scoring a second and killing games off when we're on top of them and in control. 'Cos as I posted earlier before the game, when we score a goal, we invariably tend to concede one, as shown in our last 9 unbeaten games (where we have kept only 1 clean sheet). I thought being a manager and having worked with managers in the past, Kelly would have noticed this and understood it, but it seems like he's happy to do the basics away from home and try to nick wins but settle for draws. Fair enough, but our home form isn't so outstanding that this is an acceptable policy. Maybe if we won most of our home games it would be, but we tend to draw a lot of those as well.

Hope he's alright.

So do I. Hard to remember what seemed to me like more blatantly biased officials. The ref even changed his mind once and then gave one decision before the linesman had signalled. It seemed he could hardly wait to give them something. Or was it just me?

The officials should have just worn their QPR shirts, that's how bad I thought they were.

Has to be one of the worst/one sided referee's that I have seen in a long time. The tackle on Weso was shocking and the ref hardly said a word.

Hope he's fit for Tuesday.

Archived