Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SystonFox

Ratings v Plymouth

Logan - 6- could have done better with there 2nd goal, a bit worrying when he runs out to clear.

Maybury - 6 - didnt do alot

Kisnorbo - 7 - solid

McCarthy - 7 - solid, wrongfully but stupidly booked

Johansson - 6- mixed game

Sylla - 7 - decent game, set up a goal

Hughes - 6 - good effort in the early stages. went missing 2nd half

Stearman - 6 - fell over alot, needs to concentrate more

Welsh - 6 - cannot beat a man

Hume - 7 - MOTM - ran alot, well taken goal and gave 110%

Fryatt - 7- competent. better than hammond, nice balancing trick.

Subs :

Porter - 7 - didnt do much except score a decent goal he made for himself.

Logan - 7 - made a good save at the very end to keep it at 2-2

Maybury - 6 - played ok with sllya

McCarthy - 7 - had a good game let the team down slighty at the end with his complaining

Kisnorbo - 7 - solid game

Nils - 6 - didnt do alot wrong

Sllya - 7 - one of his better games good ball for Hume's goal

Stearman - 6 - some sloppy passing when not really under a great deal of pressure

Hughes - 6 - went missing after his good early effort

Welsh - 6 - did not get a kick

Fryatt - 6 - looked lazy throughout the game

Hume - 7 - MOTM showed great determiantion for his goal exactly what fryatt should of done slighty earlier

Porter - 7 - decent goal

logan 6 not at fault with either goal and 1 match saving save at the end. did't cope with crosses too well.

maybury 4 poor. not fully match fit? lost count of the aimless hoofs upfield to the opposition and gave away needless freekicks.

mccarthy 4 poor. needless booking poor positional play and can't pass constructively. one of his worst performances for us.

kisnorbo 4.5 poor but slightly better than the others. failed to close down attacker at the corner which led diretly to the goal. won some headers but not his best.

nissa 5 some ok defending but useless going forward

welsh 3 was he playing. most notable contributuion was being subbed. send him back to sunderland if that is the best he can do.

hughes 5.5 started brightly but faded in the second half.

stearman 5.5 where was the player from the villa game? just didn't get involved enough for a central midfield player.

sylla 6 one of his better games. faded badly in second half and still doesn't do enough.

fryatt 4 offered absolutely nothing looks off the pace.

hume 7 great goal and worked hard. if only some of his teammates played as well we would have won.

porter 7 took his goal very well. surely deserves to start before welsh?

overall a game distinguished by its mediocrity. both sides were very poor.

Fryatts balancing trick was great!

Logan - 7 made a good save to keep us infront, but then let hayles in :(

Maybury - 6 Did well, made some incisive tackles

McCarthy - 7 Solid, didnt miss much

Kisnorbo - 7 Same as above

Nils - 6 did nothing wrong

Welsh - 5 didnt work, crapped his sen a few times wen there defender tackled him

Hughes - 6 Steady Game

Stearman - 6 Did Ok, made a lung bursting run near the end, but ran out of steam, won us a free kick tho

Sylla - 7 Well Played MoMo, played some excellent crosses in, his passing was gud aswell

Fryatt - 6 Poor First Half, but worked harder in the second half

Hume - 8 MOM excellent, never stops running gives his all.

Levi - 7 did 1 thing and scored great finish

logan 6 not at fault with either goal and 1 match saving save at the end. did't cope with crosses too well.

Maybury 4 quote name='reynard' date='Nov 11 2006, 06:21 PM' post='446965']

maybury 4 poor. not fully match fit? lost count of the aimless hoofs upfield to the opposition and gave away needless freekicks.

mccarthy 4 poor. needless booking poor positional play and can't pass constructively. one of his worst performances for us.

kisnorbo 4.5 poor but slightly better than the others. failed to close down attacker at the corner which led diretly to the goal. won some headers but not his best.

nissa 5 some ok defending but useless going forward

welsh 3 was he playing. most notable contributuion was being subbed. send him back to sunderland if that is the best he can do.

hughes 5.5 started brightly but faded in the second half.

stearman 5.5 where was the player from the villa game? just didn't get involved enough for a central midfield player.

sylla 6 one of his better games. faded badly in second half and still doesn't do enough.

fryatt 4 offered absolutely nothing looks off the pace.

hume 7 great goal and worked hard. if only some of his teammates played as well we would have won.

porter 7 took his goal very well. surely deserves to start before welsh?

overall a game distinguished by its mediocrity. both sides were very poor.

That assessment confirms more than anything I've read how the club are failing to keep players fit who are not directly involved with the first team.

Why is that so bloody difficult?.

And where are all the reserve team friendlies we were promised. Has there been two so far, or three?

People go round saying the professsionals know best but, we've got:

Fryatt - clearly not fit.

Maybury clearly not fit

Porter - not fit or he'd have started, surely.

When will Williams be properly fit once his injury clears?

When will Weso (supposed to be back today) be fit when his injury clears?

When will O'Grady be fit when his injury clears?

Sheehan, presumably, got fit but has returned injured and will probably need another loan spell to make up for him getting unfit yet again. And how can Dodds return with nowhere to go. not even a reserve team, so is he going to be wasted?

There's no longer anywhere for our better Academy players to step up to before first team level. Could the message be any clearer? Our club is shooting itself in the feet!

Logan 6. Punched when could've caught, one top save.

Maybury 6. Hmmm.

Nils 6. Got some good tackles in, but could've done better on lots more.

McCarthy 7. Led by example.

Kisnorbo 6. Quiet game.

Sylla 7. Good game from him, set a goal up, worked hard.

Welsh 4. The new Hughes.

Hughes 6. chased alot, that's it.

Stearman. 5 Isn't a central midfielder.

Hume 7.5. Motm - Great compusre for his goal, never stops working.

Fryatt. 5 Still not fully match fit.

Porter 7. In the short time he was on scored and offered 100% more than Welsh.

Kisnorbo. 6 Quiet game today.

True, what thracian says makes sense. But then for a system to work, kelly must stop bringing in mudane players like welsh and be ruthless with getting rid of the worse players in the system. If Dodds is playing well then he deserves a chance, when he comes back. But others must be released or sold at least for any small amount.

True, what thracian says makes sense. But then for a system to work, kelly must stop bringing in mudane players like welsh and be ruthless with getting rid of the worse players in the system. If Dodds is playing well then he deserves a chance, when he comes back. But others must be released or sold at least for any small amount.

You are right but the way we play it is very hard to define who should go because we don't find out enough about what all our players can and can't do, either individually or collectively.

There are many examples of what I mean by this. Lets take Sylla on the right. There's little question that he's been more effective than Josh Low because he's assisted with some goals and results have been reasonable.

It's well known I don't rate Sylla especially but lets accept he's our best performing right winger just now because he fits the role better than Low, Stearman or Hughes. What we don't know is does he fill the role better than Hammond or Porter?. And why should we want to know?

The reason is because Sylla is a one position footballer. Therefore in a club with limited funds right now, he's a luxury. We already know Porter can play left wing and in midfield. I believe he can also play right wing but I've not seen it.

Similarly with Hammond. Speed is his unique strength for us but if his one option is centre-forward then he doesn't score enough. But if he can sometimes play right-side in a front three then Sylla would arguably be surplus to requirements and should be replaced, especially if Gradel were proved able to play from the bench.

Right back is another case in point. We don't need Stearman, Kenton and Maybury so one has to go but which? You could argue all night.

On the left we don't need Nils, Sheehan, Kenton and Tiatto so who do you keep? Depends on how you wish to play and it depends of factors like consistency and versatility. We've learned so little cos we've never really tried an attacking option at left back not even for short spells - and by that I mean Tiatto or Sheehan.

The position with Dodds raises similar questions which are worth a thread on their own.

But it all emphasises why it was so silly at the end of last season not to introduce a few new faces and try a few experiments and why I said we should have done the same at Sheffield Wednesday when results had given us a cushion.

Had we not wasted two vital points today, we'd have had that cushion again but a draw means it's not so easy...and having no real reserve side limits us still more. Crazy.

You've always got to look at the broad picture as well as the immediate one. And to be seeking improvement in every department.

Logan - 6

Maybury - 6

McCarthy - 5

Kisnorbo - 7

Nils - 5

Sllya - 7

Stearman - 6

Hughes - 6

Welsh - 4

Fryatt - 6

Hume - 8

Porter - 6

I needn't bother with my list - you're spot on in my book!

Aslo, I totally concur with Thracians view of fitness...what the hell would they have been like if they'd played a midweek game.

I needn't bother with my list - you're spot on in my book!

Aslo, I totally concur with Thracians view of fitness...what the hell would they have been like if they'd played a midweek game.

Wow I think that's the first time anyone has agreed with me. Nice to know I'm not the only logically minded, unbiased football critic around this forum :P

Logan- 6 Need to see the goals again, but think he was a bit flat-footed with them. Good save in the final minute though.

Maybury- 5 Turned once too many. A bit better going forwards.

McCarthy- 6 Largely a decent game, but went to sleep on occasions

Kisnorbo- 6 Ditto. Kept Hayles quiet, except for the last few minutes- unfortunately that was when it counted.

Nils- 6 Did Ok, but not as creative as he has been in recent games

Sylla- 7 Made a few mistakes, but his heart is definitely in it

Stearman - 4.5 He's not a central midfielder. Went missing too often.

Hughes-6. Once again, in and out of the game.

Welsh- 3. Awful, can't think of one constructive thing he did.

Fryatt- 7. Better than Elvis. Holds the ball up well. Would be interesting to see some of those offside calls again.

Hume- 8.5. Gave everything for the cause. Never stopped running, created chances for us just with his sheer persistence in closing down defenders. Scored. What more can you ask for?

Logan- 6 Need to see the goals again, but think he was a bit flat-footed with them. Good save in the final minute though.

Maybury- 5 Turned once too many. A bit better going forwards.

McCarthy- 6 Largely a decent game, but went to sleep on occasions

Kisnorbo- 6 Ditto. Kept Hayles quiet, except for the last few minutes- unfortunately that was when it counted.

Nils- 6 Did Ok, but not as creative as he has been in recent games

Sylla- 7 Made a few mistakes, but his heart is definitely in it

Stearman - 4.5 He's not a central midfielder. Went missing too often.

Hughes-6. Once again, in and out of the game.

Welsh- 3. Awful, can't think of one constructive thing he did.

Fryatt- 7. Better than Elvis. Holds the ball up well. Would be interesting to see some of those offside calls again.

Hume- 8.5. Gave everything for the cause. Never stopped running, created chances for us just with his sheer persistence in closing down defenders. Scored. What more can you ask for?

Porter: first player to score and get nothing. :whistle:

Porter: first player to score and get nothing. :whistle:

Shit.

Porter- 7. Well taken goal, tidy interception from a Nils mistake. Still utterly flumoxed as to why they tried to use him in a wall- being the shortest man on the pitch! :smile:

Logan - 6 (Looked fine, bit weak coming for crosses)

Maybury - 5 (Out of position far too much)

McCarthy - 6

Kisnorbo - 7

Nils - 6

Sllya - 7

Stearman - 6

Hughes - 6.5

Welsh - 5

Fryatt - 5.5 (Spent the 90 mins offside)

Hume - 8.5

Porter - 6 (well taken goal, little else)

Logan 6

Maybury 5.5

Paddy M 6 (just when you need a calming influence he runs round like a headless chicken)

Kisnorbo 7 (why did he start to panick in the last 10 mins, show some composure for ****s sake)

Nils 5.5

Sylla 7 (much improved display in my book, i had a very good view of his wing play.

Hughes 5.5 (lightweight, we need an all action mid player who isn't scared of a bit of contact)

Stears 5.5 (far too many loose passes. back to right back please)

Welsh 5 (didn't really do anything)

Fryatt 6 (clearly lacking match fitness. give him time)

Hume 8 (his fitness level must be immense. All action display)

Can't believe how crap a rating porter has got from some of you lot. He scored a goal which would have been the winner. It seems some of you lot aren't happy until he's huffing and puffing running around aimlessly to make it look like he's giving it his all. How many other players in the team could have finished it the way he did!?!!

Archived