Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Legends of Championship Manager

From Champ Man 03/04 there are loads, namely Supat Rungratsamee, Oskitz Estefania, Robin Kieft, Lee Holmes, Lionel Morgan, Alessio Cerci, Nicola Pozzi, Aleandro Rosi, Kasper Schmeichel to name but a few :thumbup:

Super bleeding Rungratsamee what a player, and Lionel Morgan used to just take it to the corner fag, cut inside and score absolutely awesome goals - 15 goal a season winger!!!! I miss those days :cry:

Oh and Daniel Braathen is absolutely awesome on champ man 03/04, a bit of a cheat player, as in real life he has little potential, but he regularly got me 60 a season :thumbup: In my current game, Ameobi, Vassell and Chopra are upfront for England though, which is a bit of a joke!

Are you sure his name wasn't Jesper Braathen, i.e. a player who doesn't actually exist? I remember he and Orri Freyr Oskarsson were THE hot properties...

Nope, Im fairly certain hes real and his name irl is something like Daniel Omoya (Sp) Braaten. I believe he plays for Rosenberg or some team like that now. As for Orri Freyr Oskarsson, theres a legend I forgot, always happy to go to lower league clubs. Notice how most of the best players are explosive strikers like the two above. Whoever mentioned Fabio Paim, right winger, Sporting, what a buy :D

Nope, Im fairly certain hes real and his name irl is something like Daniel Omoya (Sp) Braaten. I believe he plays for Rosenberg or some team like that now. As for Orri Freyr Oskarsson, theres a legend I forgot, always happy to go to lower league clubs. Notice how most of the best players are explosive strikers like the two above. Whoever mentioned Fabio Paim, right winger, Sporting, what a buy :D

I know of Daniel Bråthen IRL (and yes, he does play for Rosenborg nowadays), but I'm pretty sure it wasn't him. There were two Bråthen's, the 'crap' and real one (Daniel) and the fictive superstar (Jesper) ;)

I know of Daniel Bråthen IRL (and yes, he does play for Rosenborg nowadays), but I'm pretty sure it wasn't him. There were two Bråthen's, the 'crap' and real one (Daniel) and the fictive superstar (Jesper) ;)

Daniel Braathen was really good in my game. Extremely fast. :whistle:

Fabio Paim was amazing. He was my first choice right winger at the age of 15.

Scott Parker is always good, and Mark van Bommel, and Djibril Cissé.

It was Daniel Braaten and Daniel Fredheim Holm, they both came from Skied and were brilliant in CM03/04!

Does the name Fabio Paim mean anything to anyone else?

Amazing winger!! Didn't look much stats wise but was just unbelievable!

From way back I'll add Warhust in Defence, Joachim, Chris Bart-Williams and Nigel Clough. I used to play a 1-4-5 formation and kick ass!

From more recent times, Pirlo (before he was famous), on the 06/07 Nik Besagno, Vanden Borre and Lebohang Mokoena werealways good young signings.

That's the badger (cock or otherwise).

Dribbled it round entire teams. Awesome.

I loved players like that, the old Champs was just ridiculous at times. Aside from players skining entire teams you occasional got things like.

Micheal Owen Attempts the Bicycle kick from 25 yards.

GOAL FOR LIVERPOOL.

Yeah ok.

I like it when you get (on the commentary)

Impey rounds one...

Then another....

Steps Over the Ball....

Delivers an inch perfect cross...

Knocked down by Marshall....

Heskey must score...

*you wait... and wait*

Keane plays the cross field ball to Giggs....

Cut back inside to Scholes, 45 yards out...

Lennon wins the ball....

MAN UTD GOAAAALLLLL!!!

Erm... what?

Been playing since (I think) the 92/93 edition. Proper old school that version was. I'd hate to think how many hours (and girlfriends!) have fell victim to this game. Always remember I always used to sign Lennon from Crewe, couldn't believe my luck when Leicester signed him (though I was a bit disappointed to find out he was ginger!!).

Thanks for the memories!

I like it when you get (on the commentary)

Impey rounds one...

Then another....

Steps Over the Ball....

Delivers an inch perfect cross...

Knocked down by Marshall....

Heskey must score...

*you wait... and wait*

Keane plays the cross field ball to Giggs....

Cut back inside to Scholes, 45 yards out...

Lennon wins the ball....

MAN UTD GOAAAALLLLL!!!

Erm... what?

Haha yeah, quite so!

Or what about:

"Lennon plays a through ball..."

"...Heskey runs into space..."

"...One on one with the goalkeeper..."

"...He must score !!..."

GOAL FOR LEICESTER

*flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash*

*flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash*

*flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *breathes* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash*

*flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash* *flash*

"...Goal disallowed..."

"...Heskey was offside..." :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

I think after last night Steve Claridge has earnt his place in the hall of fame. :whistle:

Spot on.

What's the oldest outfield player ever to have played Championship of above?

Claridge is forty on our game. I'm keeping him on as a player too, till he fancies being a coach.

Actually... given a few more weeks, he would probably be the new manager... :whistle:

Spot on.

What's the oldest outfield player ever to have played Championship of above?

Claridge is forty on our game. I'm keeping him on as a player too, till he fancies being a coach.

Actually... given a few more weeks, he would probably be the new manager... :whistle:

Teddy is older than Claridge I think so unlucky :D

Archived