Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flexx

Xbox 360

Hi this is my first post, im thinking of getting an Xbox 360 but is it worth forking out 300 quid to get it?

If anyone has one or played on it is there much difference between a PS2 and an Xbox 360? im hoping the 360 has better graphics and gameplay than the PS2 but i need to be sure it is all that before i buy one

Hi this is my first post, im thinking of getting an Xbox 360 but is it worth forking out 300 quid to get it?

If anyone has one or played on it is there much difference between a PS2 and an Xbox 360? im hoping the 360 has better graphics and gameplay than the PS2 but i need to be sure it is all that before i buy one

Welcome!! The PS3 is comming out, maybe you should wait and make your decision after it's release!!

I got my XB two weeks ago and love it. I didn't fancy paying over the top for the PS3, waiting the wait...or being in possession of a blu-ray players that (quite frankly) is going to go the way of the Betamax (IMO).

Love the Xbox. Marry an Xbox. :thumbup:

I got my XB two weeks ago and love it. I didn't fancy paying over the top for the PS3, waiting the wait...or being in possession of a blu-ray players that (quite frankly) is going to go the way of the Betamax (IMO).

The gamescore system is a fantastic idea.

Well I did think that until my score of 3720 had me questioning my social life.

Still I have seen some geezer with 30,000. Put the control pad down and step away from the console.

I can get them for £180, premium pack PM me for more info. :thumbup:

I've heard you need a HDTV to maximise the graphics etc. but like if you don't have a HDTV are the graphics still better than a ps2 or xbox on a normal tv?

Go Wii, and you'll never look back!! Don't be fooled by all this HD crap with the same games!!!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!! :thumbsup:

I'd agree with everything you say if I was eleven years old.

Having said that I will probabley buy one.

Yes you need a HDTV to maximise the graphics, yes it still looks good on a normal TV.

I'd agree with everything you say if I was eleven years old.

Having said that I will probabley buy one.

Yes you need a HDTV to maximise the graphics, yes it still looks good on a normal TV.

Ooooo... get you!! Mr "I've got HD graphics and real time sweat( :sick: ) on my games" . :P

Gosh, XBOX 360 is surely fun with the online option. Plus, it got really smooth graphics. Still, the lack of good titles is putting me off a bit, they're lucky to have EA on the bandwagon.

The PS3 is only about to be released (for a hefty price).

I'd wait before spending that many quids. Once the PS3 is out, compare.

Gosh, XBOX3 is surely fun with the online option. Plus, it got really smooth graphics. Still, the lack of good titles is putting me off a bit, they're lucky to have EA on the bandwagon.

The PS3 is only about to be released (for a hefty price).

I'd wait before spending that many quids. Once the PS3 is out, compare.

:blink: There are plenty.

Pro Evo? Oblivion? Perfect Dark? (which Phube no doubt thought was the best thing since sliced Koopa Troopers when it was on the N64)

Theres loads.

Wrong, never was a big fan of Perefect Dark, all the know how from Rare's Goldeneye team had left and it wasn't particularly good.

I also hear the only 360 games worth their salt (i.e truly Next Gen, whatever that means??) are Oblivion, GoW, CoD2 and Dead Rising...

Wrong, never was a big fan of Perefect Dark, all the know how from Rare's Goldeneye team had left and it wasn't particularly good.

I also hear the only 360 games worth their salt (i.e truly Next Gen, whatever that means??) are Oblivion, GoW, CoD2 and Dead Rising...

Well you'd think CoD 3 would be as well then. Even if you weren't talking utter shit, four very good titles is four more than the PS2 had after it had been out for a year, and probabley totals the amount of decent games ever released on the Game Cube, seeing as I own one I think im in a position to judge that as well.

I think you lost your argument on good games there!!! :pinch:

Pro Evo 6 is a pure disappointment, and I'm actually more a PES fan, mind you.

And I've never been a CoD follower, not much into first-person shooters.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion looks cool, though.

Well you'd think CoD 3 would be as well then. Even if you weren't talking utter shit, four very good titles is four more than the PS2 had after it had been out for a year, and probabley totals the amount of decent games ever released on the Game Cube, seeing as I own one I think im in a position to judge that as well.

I didn't realise CoD3 was out yet... I'll give you that one!!

GC:

Sunshine

Wind Waker

Resident Evil 4

F-Zero

Burnout 2

Pikmin 1 & 2

SSBM

Metroid Prime 1 & 2

Etarnal Darkness

Rogue Sqadron 2

Supe Monkey Ball

Paper Mario

Viewtiful Joe

You must have missed them!! Shame :P

GC:

Sunshine

Wind Waker

Resident Evil 4

F-Zero

Burnout 2

Pikmin 1 & 2

SSBM

Metroid Prime 1 & 2

Etarnal Darkness

Rogue Sqadron 2

Super Monkey Ball

Paper Mario

Viewtiful Joe

Probably the most intriguing first-person action adventure ever made. I had the first part: An awesome game!!! :thumbup:

Would buy Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, if I still had a GC.

GC:

Eternal Darkness

Wind Waker

Resident Evil 4

F-Zero

Pikmin 1 & 2

SSBM

Metroid Prime 1 & 2

Paper Mario

Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2

Well obviously there were more than 4 you plank I was being silly

In reality though Phube it reads more like that, Sunshine in paticular was a massive disapointment.

Well obviously there were more than 4 you plank I was being silly

In reality though Phube it reads more like that, Sunshine in paticular was a massive disapointment.

You can never leave off Monkey Ball... :o sooo much fun!!! But Sunshine was a sideways step, not a big advancement from 64, still the best platformer of this (last) generation!

I've heard you need a HDTV to maximise the graphics etc. but like if you don't have a HDTV are the graphics still better than a ps2 or xbox on a normal tv?

Thanks to Foxlot I now have two HDTV's...one for the tele and one devoted to the 360 :D

Archived