Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brookfox

Poor marketing (again!)

Just who is doing the marketing for the club?! Surely it takes more than a bit of spin to convince season ticket holders that buying a Preston ticket for ~£22 (which they don't even need being a s/t holder) and getting £5 off next years ticket is a good idea?! Even if they do start it with "are again rewarding". Like they ever have before.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~927497,00.html

I'm all for them filling up the stadium, but don't patronise me as a s/t holder!

Just who is doing the marketing for the club?! Surely it takes more than a bit of spin to convince season ticket holders that buying a Preston ticket for ~£22 (which they don't even need being a s/t holder) and getting £5 off next years ticket is a good idea?! Even if they do start it with "are again rewarding". Like they ever have before.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~927497,00.html

I'm all for them filling up the stadium, but don't patronise me as a s/t holder!

agreed, I dont think they've ever rewarded us before, and they're certainly not with this offer.

Surely it takes more than a bit of spin to convince season ticket holders that buying a Preston ticket for ~£22 (which they don't even need being a s/t holder) and getting £5 off next years ticket is a good idea?!

I think the idea is the ticket is for a friend who would not normally go to the game, lots of companies do this "Introduce a Friend" type deals. Sky do it, 3 do it.

Once again I am of the opinion that no matter what the club does, someone on these forums will moan :ph34r:

Thing that annoys me most, is season ticket holders are getting bumped big style.

I bet the majoirty of fans who have been, (that don't have ST's) one way or another have got a free ticket orr discounted ticket.

I think the idea is the ticket is for a friend who would not normally go to the game, lots of companies do this "Introduce a Friend" type deals. Sky do it, 3 do it.

Once again I am of the opinion that no matter what the club does, someone on these forums will moan :ph34r:

Or they will moan if the club doesn't try something. I must admit that I think the marketing department have been quite innovative ever since Jo Bucci left. I'm sure both events are totally unrelated, 'tho. :D

Thing that annoys me most, is season ticket holders are getting bumped big style.

I bet the majoirty of fans who have been, (that don't have ST's) one way or another have got a free ticket orr discounted ticket.

:cool:

Yep.

I'd be pissed off if I had a season ticket, but mostly because we're boring to watch.

Err, but this one is aimed at season ticket holders??? I'm a S/T holder myself, and I applaud the ideas trying to get new supporters involved, etc. I must admit, the money off vouchers/free ticket for going to the Hereford away game have found their way to good homes.

Err, but this one is aimed at season ticket holders??? I'm a S/T holder myself, and I applaud the ideas trying to get new supporters involved, etc. I must admit, the money off vouchers/free ticket for going to the Hereford away game have found their way to good homes.

I agree, money off your ST next season is pretty good IMO. We might be in the prem... ?? :P

I had a good bit of marketing off them the other day. They offered me 6 tickets for the Plymouth or Preston games for £10 each or an upgrade to one of the posh bits if any of my posse were season ticket holders. All because its my B'day on Friday. Not bad as I am just a member.

And that's most likely the only reason there going.

It is a bit annoying when all these free/Discounted tickets are getting dished all over the place.

Lesson, don't buy a season ticket for championship football. Unless you're top of the league.

Partly why i don't have a season ticket and also because i can't really afford to pay so much money up front and also isn't being a season ticket holder still cheaper than buying on a game by game basis anyway. However i would agree on one thing season ticket holders should get at least one cup ticket included in the package.

recently got a letter in the post asking if id like to buy a ST for the remaining matches and with that flyer mentioned too.

i liked how they tried to sell the matches , 'add to that the return of dennis wise and his leeds united side' :rolleyes:

in this division i go down to watch leicester , though i try not to miss seeing the lambs , sorry rams :D barbequed :thumbup:

Well, tell me oh wise one. What is wrong with it? :unsure::rolleyes:

Why do you need a additional ticket if your a season ticket holder? You don't. Five pounds is a very small discount on a season ticket saying you've had to fork out £22.00 for another ticket or introduced a friend who probabley won't be able to sit near you any way seeing as you have your fixed seat. As orignally posted, it's a poor offer to make up for the discount tickets on offer to non ST, which put bluntley, there have been no where near enough of this season.

Besides my I was just pointing out that you think ever

Archived