Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

williams

with him being out for so long and just starting to make his way back into the team does anyone think he will consistently get his finger out and start playing the way we all know he can. i hope so

No. He has never done that before I can't see it now, unless he fear being sold by Milan.

It's a pity though because he is one older player who, albeit briefly, has shown himself capable of linking in with the younger ones and bringing the best out of them.

Williams in turn benefits from having movement around him - and therefore options for his passes.

It's a pity though because he is one older player who, albeit briefly, has shown himself capable of linking in with the younger ones and bringing the best out of them.

Williams in turn benefits from having movement around him - and therefore options for his passes.

I'm still confident Williams can re-vitalise our season. When he does play and is in the mood to get things going, we play different football. He always looks for the ball on the deck and he looks to put the strikers through on goal, without having to resort to aimlessly hoofing it at them.

He's got questionable motivation problems and his injury record here is dubious, but the lad is class. If I were manager i'd make it clear how much the team needed him and get him wanting to bust a gut for Leicester.

Older player :rolleyes: he's 24 FFS.

Williams will, if injury free, have one good game in 5 or 6. He never performs consistently at a high level. He'll produce the goods when he knows he is in need of a new contract, but until then he'll be wank.

Saying that, he is one of the older lads in terms of experience and has the creativity we're desperately lacking in midfield.

He'll need to pull his finger out and be head and shoulders above everyone if he's to stay in our squad for next season.

We need a good passing central midfielder - Williams, when fit, fits the criteria. We have played some good games with him in the middle but he must play alongside a ball-winning tackler. He is not the strongest but a Wesolowski or Tiatto alongside would be a compliment

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS & WESOLOWSKI

WESOLOWSKI & WILLIAMS

I honestly believe that williams is one of our best footballers, unfortunately he is a bit on the lazy side and not strong enough to be in a 4-4-2 he need to be told to go out and pick the passes as that is what we got him for if he created 3 or 4 chances a game that would be good enough for me.

you can't say the guy has not got tallent its just his application thats the issue.

Williams has often seemed to work hard enough when he's got a few options around him - you've got to play the team to compliment his ability.

And when Williams and/or Weso are spent you've got to have similar replacements to continue their good work.

But you've still have to decide whether you play a new right winger or go 4-3-3. Otherwise the midfield work will stall.

And you still need the right support striker for Hume.

He is without doubt (in my mind) the most talented midfielder we have at the club - he is also about the laziest player at the club.

If he put the effort into games that someone like Hume does, he would be one of the best players in the division, but he hasnt so far, and i cant see him doing that now.

I'm desperate for him to prove me wrong and play really well, but i dont see it.

I'm still confident Williams can re-vitalise our season. When he does play and is in the mood to get things going, we play different football. He always looks for the ball on the deck and he looks to put the strikers through on goal, without having to resort to aimlessly hoofing it at them.

He's got questionable motivation problems and his injury record here is dubious, but the lad is class. If I were manager i'd make it clear how much the team needed him and get him wanting to bust a gut for Leicester.

:thumbup:

Those are my thoughts exactly.

I don't agree with all the people who say he is too lazy etc. We don't need him to run around like a headless chicken for 90 minutes, we've got others (albeit not many) who can do that e.g. Weso. All I think we need from Gazza is 2 or 3 classy moments per match that either lead to goals or decent chances being created.

Say if he only does 3 things in a match and spends the rest of the time anonymous. Well, if those 3 things lead to goals being scored, then, IMO he's done his job.

:thumbup:

Those are my thoughts exactly.

I don't agree with all the people who say he is too lazy etc. We don't need him to run around like a headless chicken for 90 minutes, we've got others (albeit not many) who can do that e.g. Weso. All I think we need from Gazza is 2 or 3 classy moments per match that either lead to goals or decent chances being created.

Say if he only does 3 things in a match and spends the rest of the time anonymous. Well, if those 3 things lead to goals being scored, then, IMO he's done his job.

But he's not even giving us the 3 chances per game never mind 3 goals. No one wants a headless FFS we've got enough of them, we want some application from him, some visibility, some availability. If others aren't making themselves available to him he should tell them so.

At the current rate when his career is over he will look back on it and think well didn't I waste my talent.

mat_j101

If he put the effort into games that someone like Hume does, he would be one of the best players in the division, but he hasnt so far, and i cant see him doing that now.

He wouldn't even be in this division.

But he's not even giving us the 3 chances per game never mind 3 goals.

I never said he does. What I was trying to do was point out that when Williams doesn't play well (which is often), people are missing the point as to what it is about his performance that is not good - the main reason most people give is that he is too lazy.

I was basically saying that it doesn't matter if he is anonymous for most of the match - as long as he creates a couple of goals/decent chances which put pressure on the opposition that's all we need him to do. :thumbup:

Gareth Williams was delighted to return to action against Bristol City in a behind-closed-doors training game at the Walkers Stadium on Tuesday afternoon.

But the midfielder was refusing to get too carried away as he continues his recovery from a serious ankle injury.

The 24-year-old has been sidelined since limping off the field at Leeds United back in mid-October.

He said: "It was good to get a relatively pain-free hour under my belt but the game was very much part of my rehabilitation.

"It has been nearly five weeks since I picked up the injury so it was important not to expect too much of myself, nevertheless it was a good run-out.

"It's an early step with a few more big ones to go, but I'm finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel."

The Scot has been forced to watch from afar in recent weeks but is pleased to have finally swapped the treatment table for the training ground.

"It's been unbelievably frustrating," he admitted. "I've had some terrible luck so far this season and to have such a serious injury after a niggling, little one hasn't made it easy to sit out.

"The season has been up and down so far for the boys and to not have been able to contribute or do anything about it has made it all the more frustrating.

"If I can get back playing inside the next few weeks then I'd be happy with that."

The midfield star has made just four league starts so far this term.

"I am a terrible watcher so have tried to stay away as much as possible but now that I am starting to get back into training and into the swing of things, I'll be a familiar face around the place again.

"I'm glad to almost be back but I just can't afford to be too enthusiastic at the moment."

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarth.

Gareth Williams was delighted to return to action against Bristol City in a behind-closed-doors training game at the Walkers Stadium on Tuesday afternoon.

But the midfielder was refusing to get too carried away as he continues his recovery from a serious ankle injury.

The 24-year-old has been sidelined since limping off the field at Leeds United back in mid-October.

He said: "It was good to get a relatively pain-free hour under my belt but the game was very much part of my rehabilitation.

"It has been nearly five weeks since I picked up the injury so it was important not to expect too much of myself, nevertheless it was a good run-out.

"It's an early step with a few more big ones to go, but I'm finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel."

The Scot has been forced to watch from afar in recent weeks but is pleased to have finally swapped the treatment table for the training ground.

"It's been unbelievably frustrating," he admitted. "I've had some terrible luck so far this season and to have such a serious injury after a niggling, little one hasn't made it easy to sit out.

"The season has been up and down so far for the boys and to not have been able to contribute or do anything about it has made it all the more frustrating.

"If I can get back playing inside the next few weeks then I'd be happy with that."

The midfield star has made just four league starts so far this term.

"I am a terrible watcher so have tried to stay away as much as possible but now that I am starting to get back into training and into the swing of things, I'll be a familiar face around the place again.

"I'm glad to almost be back but I just can't afford to be too enthusiastic at the moment."

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarth.

That sums him and his performances on the pitch!!! :rolleyes:

Archived