Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

TeamCard - Membership & Loyalty programme

What TeamCard points are Leicester City awarding?

Leicester City is awarding TeamCard points in its Megastore to all Leicester City TeamCard Holders. Every time you make a purchase from the Leicester City Megastore and produce your TeamCard you will be awarded TeamCard points.

TeamCard holders are eligible for 2 TeamCard points for each full £1 they spend in store. Watch out for special double point’s offers throughout the season.

What is a TeamCard point worth to me?

Each TeamCard point is worth 1p of value. So 340 TeamCard points equals £3.40 of value.

Or, as I am sure you've worked out already...the 10% season ticket holder discount has been replaced with a 2% one.

Grrrrrrrrrreat :thumbup:

Bolton Kia!!! I'm sorry - I'm not a season ticket holder - but its just so shoddy.

I assume that the whole MM affair-dragging-on-saga has been prolonged by the weeks of terse negotiation between our chief executive and Bolton Kia.

Hopefully we can put Kiagate behind us now and move forwards.

i'm a season ticket holder who buys a lot of my lads xmas pressies in the club shop.i understand we still get the discount for this december.But next year i'd have to pay out £500 to get a fiver off our season tickets!Doesn't really seem worth having a st anymore,so i probably won't renew at the end of this season(Hope someone from the club is reading this :( )

To be fair, having registered on teamcard.co.uk, you can earn points at High Street places like Boots and websites like figleaves.com

I am sure local retailers will be signed up soon enough (they need the club on board first, then recruit local partners).

Even so, still very disappointed about the loss of the ST club shop discount.

Just got mine through today...so I've lost my 10% discount to have it replaced with a 2% scheme. What's more, if you're planning on saving money to put towards your season ticket? The points on the card expire in a years time!

Tim Davies, are you avin' a laff? Is he avin' a laff?

Get out! :mad:

Better news, hot off the press via email (and I was about to pen a letter to the Chairman about the cut from 10% to an effective 2% discount, the foxlot fiasco and other money sapping initiatives):

5 December 2006

Dear Season Ticket Holder

Leicester City are pleased to announce that as a season ticket holder you will still be able to claim your usual 10% discount in the city megastore throughout December and also claim double TeamCard points!

In this Christmas bonus you can claim your usual 10% discount and also add FOUR points on to your TeamCard per full £1 spent.

TeamCards are currently being distributed through the post and you should have them in your possession by the end of this week.

In another offer we are running exclusively for season ticket holders we will be offering a ‘gift with purchase’ on Wednesday 6 December from 5pm until 8pm.

On this evening if you spend over the following amounts you will receive the gift* listed below:

Spend over £10 – FREE Car Ariel Topper

Spend over £45 – FREE 2007 Calendar

Spend over £80 – FREE DVD Season Review 05/06

This offer is only available to personal callers in the city megastore at the Walkers Stadium and at the dates and times specified.

If you have any queries you can contact the megastore on 0870 040 6000 option 3 or you can reply to this e-mail.

Yours sincerely

Retail Department

Leicester City FC

http://shop.lcfc.co.uk

*Please note that one gift will be awarded per transaction.

Just got mine through today...so I've lost my 10% discount to have it replaced with a 2% scheme. What's more, if you're planning on saving money to put towards your season ticket? The points on the card expire in a years time!

Tim Davies, are you avin' a laff? Is he avin' a laff?

Get out! :mad:

Shafted as I mentioned in the Title Its taken someone a while to work out the percentages.... 10% - 2%

I was at the open meeting when this was dicussed and we all thought that the the 'loyaltie' card scheme would benefit us, I was looking forward to money off 2 season tickets or at least points acruing to 10% for each in value to spend in the shop.

Fleecing barstools !

Spend 350 pounds get 3.50 quid in return ooooooooohhh I can buy half a cars sticker for that.

NOT GOOD! :ph34r:

Hmmm, how gracious of the club to give us an extra month of 10% discount before taking away. Once again, where is the foxes trust on this?

And nice to be excluded from the free prizes as I don't live near enough to Leicester to make it tomorrow

Its a nice win win for city which will kick them in the teeth.Do they think we are thick? Spend £100 and get £2 in points that can only be spent in the shop or on a season ticket. Or Spend £100 get £10 off with old system to spend on whatever and where ever you like.

Total no-brainer :angry:

I urge everyone that holds a season ticket and is disgusted about the scrapping of our discount and the introduction of this shitty card to write to Peter Jones about it ([email protected]) and let the club know what you think.

This shoddy treatment continues until people say "stop!"

I wonder what the Foxes Trust did to try to prevent our discount going?

Hmmm, how gracious of the club to give us an extra month of 10% discount before taking away. Once again, where is the foxes trust on this?

stolen from elsewhere.......

"Statement from the Foxes Trust

Following the recent issue of the Foxes Team Card to LCFC season ticket holders, the Foxes Trust wishes to express its dismay and disappointment with the way that LCFC is seeking to hit their most loyal supporters where it hurts most - in their pockets.

The card has been introduced at the expense of the long standing 10% discount for STHs in the club shop - something that has been seen as one the few remaining benefits associated with having a season ticket. The new scheme introduces a supposed incentive of earning team card points every time you spend money in the club shop - the points then can be used to make future purchases (in the same way that many supermarket loyalty cards now operate)

The problem lies with the fact that the amount of spending a fan has to make to earn their "bonus" is significantly higher than the scheme it has replaced, and is effectively a way of slashing the season ticket discount altogether. The old scheme was straightforward - 10% on all purchases - meaning for every £10 spent, the fan got a pound back in his pocket. To receive the same amount under the new scheme, the poor old fan now has to spend £50. It is nothing short of a disgrace - particularly at a time when season ticket sales have been falling.

The scheme also allows fans to earn team card points by spending money in 'partner' retail outlets. Unfortunately all of these retail outlets are based in Cardiff, Ipswich or Bolton and are no use whatsoever for the average City fan

What the Trust, and many fans, find most galling is the fact that this scheme has been marketed as being of benefit to fans. It is not. it is nothing short of a con.

The Foxes Trust note that the club have already had to backtrack on this idea (their original plan was to remove the discount from 1st December) and have extended the continued availability of the 10% discount to the end of this month. This is not enough, however, and the Trust calls upon the club to restore the discount in full until such time the new team card scheme has been shown to have any merit at all.

A spokesman for the Foxes Trust (insert name here) has urged fans to boycott the scheme "This is nothing short of robbing season ticket holders of something that has been accepted as a benefit for some time. In effect, it amounts to an increase in the cost of supporting LCFC for its most loyal fans. The club has stated its aims to encourage fans to buy season tickets but they have now provided one more reason not to do so. I suggest that fans send their cards back to the club and demand that the 10% be restored with immediate effect"

I suggest that fans send their cards back to the club and demand that the 10% be restored with immediate effect

I am delighted to read that the FT agree with us on this, but find it sad they they could not bring their "influence" to bear on preventing it in the first place.

Personally, my cards have gone into the bin as I have no intention of spending the money on stamps.

I am going to email the club a second time on the matter. :angry:

How was this idea allowed to get this far without the foxes trust nipping it in the bud? It seems the wool has been pulled over their eyes too, which is disappointing.

I would like to know what the Foxes Trust are planning to do to reverse the loss of season ticket discount. (Boycotting the scheme is not difficult when the participating outlets are in Bolton, Ipswich and Cardiff. In fact, I doubt the club would notice from all the discount they would have to give cardholders)

I have written to Tim Davies stating that I will not be buying any merchandise, programs, drinks or food until the 10% is reinstated.

Harley Davidson owners that fell out with the company but loved the bike took to wearing the emblem upside down as a visible protest.

If no one does anything - nothing will be done.

protest.png

The Foxes Trust note that the club have already had to backtrack on this idea (their original plan was to remove the discount from 1st December) and have extended the continued availability of the 10% discount to the end of this month. This is not enough, however, and the Trust calls upon the club to restore the discount in full until such time the new team card scheme has been shown to have any merit at all.

Yes, I believe I managed to rant in person at the club long before the Trust were involved. If you want a job doing, do it yourself.

Apart from wearing the emblem upside down - how do you go about protesting about this?

Write to Tim Davies: c/o [email protected]

Write to Peter Jones: [email protected]

Write to the shop: [email protected]

Send your card back to Tim Davies

Don't buy anything from the club shop

Don't buy a program

Take your own food and drink to games

stolen from elsewhere.......

"Statement from the Foxes Trust

Following the recent issue of the Foxes Team Card to LCFC season ticket holders, the Foxes Trust wishes to express its dismay and disappointment with the way that LCFC is seeking to hit their most loyal supporters where it hurts most - in their pockets.

The card has been introduced at the expense of the long standing 10% discount for STHs in the club shop - something that has been seen as one the few remaining benefits associated with having a season ticket. The new scheme introduces a supposed incentive of earning team card points every time you spend money in the club shop - the points then can be used to make future purchases (in the same way that many supermarket loyalty cards now operate)

The problem lies with the fact that the amount of spending a fan has to make to earn their "bonus" is significantly higher than the scheme it has replaced, and is effectively a way of slashing the season ticket discount altogether. The old scheme was straightforward - 10% on all purchases - meaning for every £10 spent, the fan got a pound back in his pocket. To receive the same amount under the new scheme, the poor old fan now has to spend £50. It is nothing short of a disgrace - particularly at a time when season ticket sales have been falling.

The scheme also allows fans to earn team card points by spending money in 'partner' retail outlets. Unfortunately all of these retail outlets are based in Cardiff, Ipswich or Bolton and are no use whatsoever for the average City fan

What the Trust, and many fans, find most galling is the fact that this scheme has been marketed as being of benefit to fans. It is not. it is nothing short of a con.

A spokesman for the Foxes Trust (insert name here) has urged fans to boycott the scheme "This is nothing short of robbing season ticket holders of something that has been accepted as a benefit for some time. In effect, it amounts to an increase in the cost of supporting LCFC for its most loyal fans. The club has stated its aims to encourage fans to buy season tickets but they have now provided one more reason not to do so. I suggest that fans send their cards back to the club and demand that the 10% be restored with immediate effect"

We didn't write the above, it was written by a TalkingBalls poster, however see our following post

The only reason we haven't responded so far is that we are trying to assemble all paperwork relating to this topic, much as Jeff posted early in this thread (on talkingballs)

We believe that any reference to the 10% ST discount was removed on the basis that teamcard should have started at the start of the season, due to the inefficiency of getting teamcard working the 10% discount rolled on.

PR wise the club have made a real foul up over this one, seeming to give a days notice, although now extended to a month. Perhaps felt it would be lost in the takeover talk.

Howver despite all this slagging off of the Trust, the club wanted to scrap the 10% discount for ST's 3 years ago & we have successfully fought against it until now.

At the beginning of last season the club came up with scraping it on ST's but having 10% discount on the membership cards, the theory being to get all ST's to become members (paying £15).

We thought that scheme was seriously flawed, couldn't see why any ST would need to be a members & eventually they agreed to back down. From memory none of these ideas got as far as the Fans Consultative Committee (Lisa has subsequently posted on TalkingBalls that it did make the FCC & they also spoke against it)

Re Teamcard, when this scheme was mentioned, we approached Trust's where their club had the scheme in place, the feedback we got was not positive (main issue lack of local shop partners) & we passed this on to Jo Bucci

The advice we gave included

"- it does emphasise the need to link up with the right partners though, so worth quizzing who Teamcard have lined up & although it's doing their job for them, using our shareholders & commercial pro LCFC links pushing a few potential partners towards them. The key to it is having a variety of partners so something appeals to most fans."

Looking at the companies on offer so far, the club/teamcard have failed to do this.

The takeover has to be our main focus at present, certainly with key individuals in the club, but we will be raising the topic to follow on from the negative feedback given at the meeting that Lisa attended on Saturday.

The only reason we haven't responded so far is that we are trying to assemble all paperwork relating to this topic, much as Jeff posted early in this thread (on talkingballs)

We believe that any reference to the 10% ST discount was removed on the basis that teamcard should have started at the start of the season, due to the inefficiency of getting teamcard working the 10% discount rolled on.

PR wise the club have made a real foul up over this one, seeming to give a days notice, although now extended to a month. Perhaps felt it would be lost in the takeover talk.

Howver despite all this slagging off of the Trust, the club wanted to scrap the 10% discount for ST's 3 years ago & we have successfully fought against it until now.

At the beginning of last season the club came up with scraping it on ST's but having 10% discount on the membership cards, the theory being to get all ST's to become members (paying £15).

We thought that scheme was seriously flawed, couldn't see why any ST would need to be a members & eventually they agreed to back down. From memory none of these ideas got as far as the Fans Consultative Committee.

Re Teamcard, when this scheme was mentioned, we approached Trust's where their club had the scheme in place, the feedback we got was not positive (main issue lack of local shop partners) & we passed this on to Jo Bucci

"- it does emphasise the need to link up with the right partners though, so worth quizzing who Teamcard have lined up & although it's doing their job for them, using our shareholders & commercial pro LCFC links pushing a few potential partners towards them. The key to it is having a variety of partners so something appeals to most fans."

Looking at the companies on offer so far, the club/teamcard have failed to do this.

The takeover has to be our main focus at present, certainly with key individuals in the club, but we will be raising the topic to follow on from the negative feedback given at the meeting that Lisa attended on Saturday.

Im not 1 of your members but I am an st holder and i think that the previous system was a better deal for the st holder as far as the club shop goes.

I am not to informed on this matter but I prefered my discount as it is one of few shops that i would shop in.

This looks like another way for the club to save money in the shop and to make money by sending customers to their associates.

This is another way that the current board are screwing the current fans / ST holders and again have made me thank god that these people will be out HOPEFULLY come 2007.

BLUE ARMY!

We thought that scheme was seriously flawed, couldn't see why any ST would need to be a members & eventually they agreed to back down. From memory none of these ideas got as far as the Fans Consultative Committee (Lisa has subsequently posted on TalkingBalls that it did make the FCC & they also spoke against it)

Did anybody else read this as:

Although no one has heard of the removal of the season ticket discount until this season, the club has continued to try and remove it but we have "successfully" stopped them. We do however back the removal with a better teamcard system, despite eroding the benefits of season tickets further.

Right now, we have bigger fish to fry, albeit we have absolutely no influence on the takeover of the club. So do not bother us with matters where we could actually make a difference. We are far more concerned in areas where we can do nothing.

Did anybody else read this as:

Although no one has heard of the removal of the season ticket discount until this season, the club has continued to try and remove it but we have "successfully" stopped them. We do however back the removal with a better teamcard system, despite eroding the benefits of season tickets further.

Right now, we have bigger fish to fry, albeit we have absolutely no influence on the takeover of the club. So do not bother us with matters where we could actually make a difference. We are far more concerned in areas where we can do nothing.

Completely wrong bandc

How about this

"We have been telling the club for 3 years it was a bad idea to remove the ST discount, but there was a firm determination by the club to remove it and replace it with a scheme that rewarded less (which was true of each scheme proposed), despite our advice on how an unpopular move it would be with what could be termed "the most loyal fans"

"We also highlighted the problems with the teamcard scheme prior to them signing up with it based on the knowledge gained from other Trusts, but they went ahead regardless"

Archived