Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

TeamCard - Membership & Loyalty programme

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFile...74~49406,00.pdf

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~935915,00.html

Leicester City, in association with Harvey World Travel, have united with the UK's leading sports Membership & Loyalty programme - TeamCard.

From Saturday's game against Sheffield Wednesday at the Walkers Stadium, season-ticket holders will be able to collect TeamCard points when they purchase goods from the City Megastore, participating high street retailers and through the TeamCard web market place.

They can then redeem these points against City merchandise at the Megastore or future season-ticket purchases, lowering the cost of their passion.

Jamie Tabor, City's Marketing Manager, said: "Season-ticket holders always have and always will be our most valued customers.

"The TeamCard programme is a great way for supporters to help provide new revenues for the club whilst returning real value to themselves at the same time.

"It's a win-win initiative."

Collecting points with the club's partner companies will generate commission-based revenue for the club while lowering the cost of following the Foxes.

A single TeamCard point is equivalent in value to 1p. Therefore 100 TeamCard points equals £1; 1,000 TeamCard points equals £10 and so on.

Points can be accumulated in a number of ways:

- cardholders can collect points via the clubs retail outlets and through selected club promotions

- at participating retail partners - more local partners will be announced in the near future

- by purchasing items through TeamCard's on-line marketplace at www.teamcard.co.uk

Leicester City are continually recruiting new partners for the scheme so the list is updated on a regular basis.

You can see all City's partners at www.teamcard.co.uk

Season-ticket holders will receive their TeamCard through the post over the coming days

http://www.forfoxsake.com/latest/same-old-...g-the-piss.html

this site is far from impressed

Same old Leicester - Taking the Piss

Written by Administrator

Thursday, 30 November 2006

Leicester City have today announced their new "Teamcard" discount scheme. If you just read the headline on the official Leicester City website you might think supporters are getting a good deal - but, as with previous club announcements, the spin hides the true nature of this scheme.

The teamcard is a loyalty card that allows supporters to earn points when they spend money in various shops - typically one point for every pound you spend. Collect a hundred points and you can get a pound off your next season ticket. Collect less than a hundred points and you don't get anything.

The range of shops in the scheme is very limited at the moment though. There's a branch of Boots - in Bolton. Specsavers - in Croydon. The Cheesecake shop - in Ipswich. Get the picture?

You can also earn two points for every pound you spend in the club shop.

So what is so bad about the scheme, apart from the lack of local stores taking part?

It's the way

season ticket holders have been screwed yet again

season ticket holders have been screwed yet again - but you have to read the small print to find out.

With the launch of the teamcard they've taken away the 10% discount season ticket holders get in the club shop - a discount that has been running for as long as I can remember.

So instead of, for example paying £31.50 for the current home shirt, season ticket holders will now have to pay £35, and with the Teamcard points earned they may be able to get 70p off a future purchase.

To make matters worse is the lack of notice given. They announced the new scheme on the last day of November, and the small print said the following about the existing season ticket holders discount: "The current season ticket discount scheme will end on December 1st and be replaced with the TeamCard loyalty scheme."

So all those season ticket holders who had planned to do their Christmas shopping at the club shop have been given a day's notice that they will no longer get the discount they've been getting for years.

Jamie Tabor, City's Marketing Manager, said: "Season-ticket holders always have and always will be our most valued customers. The TeamCard programme is a great way for supporters to help provide new revenues for the club whilst returning real value to themselves at the same time. It's a win-win initiative."

That's nonsense. The club sees season ticket holders as easy targets to make money, they take advantage of our loyalty. This is the latest in a series of moves the club has made which have devalued season tickets.

This season many supporters have questioned the point in getting a season ticket when so many match tickets are available at heavily discounted prices - or even free.

A few years ago the club announced that season ticket prices had been frozen - but at the same time they removed nearly all the benefits that season ticket holders had received previously - such as tickets for a pre-season match, cup matches, free entry to reserve games, free credit, discounts on extra match tickets etc. For a loyal supporter this meant a huge increase over the course of the season.

The only extra benefit left after that time was the 10% discount in the club shop. Now they've taken that away.

I for one have become totally disillusioned with the way the club is treating its most loyal supporters. We're the ones who turn up every week, no matter how bad performances are on the pitch. If the club continues to treat us with contempt they could be faced with a massive drop in season ticket sales in the summer

Loyality points scheme intoduced by LCFC, 1 point for every £ send, each point worth 1p, however in the 'small print' as from December 1st the 10% discount for ST holders in the Megastore finishes. Well cheers just before Christmas, here's one who won't be spending the usual fortune in there. Can't really see any benefit in having a season ticket, especially with the 'cheap' offers for tickets and lets face it no need to worry about not being able to get a ticket for a game

Loyality points scheme intoduced by LCFC, 1 point for every £ send, each point worth 1p, however in the 'small print' as from December 1st the 10% discount for ST holders in the Megastore finishes. Well cheers just before Christmas, here's one who won't be spending the usual fortune in there. Can't really see any benefit in having a season ticket, especially with the 'cheap' offers for tickets and lets face it no need to worry about not being able to get a ticket for a game

You're joking?? No wonder there was a 20% discount for season ticket holders throughout november (incidentally I only got the letter about that in the brochure earlier this week so didnt exactly have time to use it.) You're right the benefits of having a season ticket have almost all gone now. In fact the only one I can see is that we can get tickets before non-season ticket holders.... lucky us!!!

In fact I learnt the other day that you can buy tickets from De Montfort Uni for £5 a game, no matter what game it is. How come the ticket office doesnt offer a student season ticket then? I could just have bought tickets from the union every game and spent £115 and probably could have got the same seat every week because we'll never sell out. Instead ive had to fork out £270 for the same thing.

I'd missed that, not being interested in a lame data-mining activity by the club I was never going to get a card.

I'm with you Robsdee, it's just one more reason not to renew, I see no reason why ST holders should stop getting their 10%.

From Beaumont Fox on the Fox Fanzine

Just been having a look at the site to see more about the shops and places we can go in to earn our points

Moto service stations...oh lucky us, we must remember to take our cards when we stop at toddington on those away days down London......

Vue Cinema..i go and watch plenty of films......oh wait........

Valley Park Leisure Complex

Hesteryan Way

CROYDON, Surrey

Wetherspoon pubs...now that's better, we can earn points as we drink...hang on a mo...

There are 2 participating outlets :

2-4 Ambassodor Close, Brightsock Road, CROYDON, Surrey CR7 7JG

William Stanley, 7-8 High Street, South Norwood, LONDON, London SE25 6EP

Fitness First...well i suppose a New Year resolution could be getting more healthy and fit and there's one near the ground....but wait!

6 Russell Road

Ipswich

Suffolk

IPSWICH, Suffolk

the AA...might get Ben to use them.......oh maybe not...

(AA Data Check), Millstream, Maidenhead Road, WINDSOR, Berkshire SL4 5GD

(AA Membership), Millstream, Maidenhead Road, WINDSOR, Berkshire SL4 5GD

Toni and Guy hairdressers.....bit far to go for a haircut innit?

Lower Level, Centre Court Shopping Centre, Wimbledon, LONDON, London SW19 8YA

49 Sloane Square, Chelsea, LONDON, London SW1W 8AX

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to know exactly how much the fan's forum knew about this, cos I would like to think if they had any idea this would be the end product then they would've complained long and loud about how absolutely stupid it is!

Does the board honestly expect fans to go to these places just to earn points to save a paltry couple of quid in the clubshop?

How on earth can they justify the statement on the OS saying it's a -win/win' situation for everyone when it quite clearly ISN'T for the season ticket holders?

It's about time the people who are supposed to be representing the fans started doing what they are supposed to and find out why the board are treating us like feckwits.

And if anyone dares to defend this naff idea now it's been fully revealed.......well......I give up.I really do.

I'd like to know exactly how much the fan's forum knew about this, cos I would like to think if they had any idea this would be the end product then they would've complained long and loud about how absolutely stupid it is!
The loyalty card was public knowledge before the start of the new season. Details were supposed to be available in October. Nothing was ever mentioned about it replacing the ST discount, otherwise we would have said something! We were lead to believe that this was to be additional, and it was a way of helping fans to earn a discount on their ST's if wanted, as at some point the prices would need to be levelled (i.e. the club would have to phase out the loyalty discount). It was felt that the loyalty card would help with the transition. We were told it would be easy to earn points, and negotiations were in progress during the summer with a leading retail outlet that would see many fans earning huge amounts of points. For reasons I hope you will understand, I can't name them. They were also in discussions with other local retailers. It sounded very simple. We did ask for more info, but it was shortcoming, and sketchy. I was under the impression that the full details would be discussed with us before it was rolled out, but there hasn't been a meeting for a couple of months. It seems like a fait accompli to me. Again.

Annoyed? Not half.

STH discount will be available during December. There is a bit on the OS to confirm it, but I'm too gutted to put the link in. (Gutted about the team, not the discount, by the way).

Link

Discount Bonus

Leicester City are pleased to announce that season ticket holders will still be able to claim their usual 10% discount in the city megastore throughout December - and also claim double TeamCard points!

In this Christmas bonus season ticket holders can claim their usual 10% discount, and also add FOUR points on to their TeamCard per full £1 spent.

A City spokesperson said: "We have listened to our supporters and have taken the decision to reinstate the season ticket holder's discount throughout December, in addition to awarding TeamCard points."

Fans are advised that the TeamCards are currently being distributed through the post end all season ticket holders should have them in their posession by the end of next week (December 8).

If anyone reads the terms and conditions of their ST, the discount was removed this season. First year I haven't read it. What saw of lawyer will I make. :ph34r:

Can I clarify my earlier comment?! I meant good idea as in the loyalty points scheme sounded good (better than nothing) and also a potential revenue-earner for the club. I did not realise we would be losing our 10% discount. This stinks. It has been poorly publicised (I'm sure I've had nothing in the post about this) so I have no doubt there will be a lot of ST holders surprised by this next time they go to the club shop. Also, as has been said, the advantages are reducing while we're playing poorly as the attendances drop and the club want to attract crowds with ticket offers. I have nothing against this per se - I know they wouldn't do that in times of high demand and the convenience of a season ticket is also a factor - but coupled with losing the 10% discount it doesn't seem a clever way of attracting new season ticket holders.

By the way, Chelsea (and others) use their TeamCard for entry/security purposes as well as loyalty cards, so we might revert to the paperless season ticket of a few years back. Not sure why we ever gave up with that system in the first place.

Ive just received mine through the post and read through all the information that came with it and its a complete waste of time!!! At the megastore you get 2 points for each pound you spend which is then turned into 2p off future purchases. Basically we've gone from a 10% discount in the store to receiving points that are equal to 2% off should we ever redeem them.

Its hardly worthwhile using it because in order to get just £10 off your season ticket, you need to hand over £500 in the club shop. What a wonderful reward scheme that is for the fans. If I were to spend £500 in the shop i'd much rather get £50 off there and then.... but in reality who would ever spend more than £250 in there per season qualifying them for a £5 discount? Waste of time!!

i've just registered my 'teamcard' that arrived today and looked at the website while i was at it. there's not a single shop in Leicester thats participating. there's a couple of pubs in croydon and the boots in bolton and thats about it, and we're giving up our 10% for that. :angry:

Just recd mine in post. Post slower down here in the south. Im scratching my head. It must be a joke - surely. These are the partners that we can get points from

Moto - 2 garages on M1 but fuel purchases dont count

Perrys Peugoet - ?

AA

Hoverspeed

golfbreaks.com

Wilsons Renault

Barcelona living - ?

Stennings Insurance

Ipswich buses

Emirates Tour

Bolton Kia

Chelsea Village Travel

BCP Airport Parking

NAtional Car Rental

to name the main ones

None of which are in Leicester. Its a bloody disgrace to be honest. I feel cheated.

Nice looking card but I still feel a mug for having one

"Leicester fans, Not having a laugh, Leicester fans, Not having a laugh!!"

I have recieved my Teamcard

I have read through it - (and all associated crap)

I have taken the decision to cut up my card, write TURMOIL on each piece and return to sender

This now complete - I shall post it (second class of course!!!!)

As for the rewards and benefits, I have no comment, I hope the above gives an indication

Archived