Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jumbo mills

caretaker manager's

are we all at fault with rk, when cl left he benefited from caretaker manager syndrome i.e the players respond to someone else, so all the fans think kelly is the best manager since martin o'neill. which he clearly isnt. so the message is when kelly gets the sack if we get a caretaker, could be mike stowell if he has the caretaker syndrome which i hope he does so we are clear of relegation no one clamour for his appointment

If we had a caretaker from within the club it would have to be Beaglehole. Hopefully you'll see why on Wednesday - if that's not the ultimate kiss of death on any performance. :whistle:

I wouldn't say no.

After all, the external candidates would no doubt have Basset at the top of the list. :sick:

We surely don't want a repeat of the Basset/Wilkinson partnership... right? :ph34r:

If we had a caretaker from within the club it would have to be Beaglehole. Hopefully you'll see why on Wednesday - if that's not the ultimate kiss of death on any performance. :whistle:

I'd love it, I really would, it may finnally show you your day dream tatics wont work in this division.

I'd love it, I really would, it may finnally show you your day dream tatics wont work in this division.

a) I don't think carrying on with the approach we take now is going to change our fortunes.

b) I don't quite know what these daydream tactics are. Cos don't imagine I wouldn't bother with defence.

c) I don't see anything at all special about this division.

d) I'm not quite sure what you have against Beaglehole and wonder if you've ever seen his teams play. From what I've heard he's been pretty successful wherever he been.

e) Right now I'd rather have the club chaplain in charge than Kelly because he's another with stacks of enthusiasm, who seems to know the game backwards, and would appear likely to take a positive attitude.

It was last July I gave chapter and verse why we'd struggle this year through failing to score enough goals. Contain-and pinch-one-football just won't reap a enough reward, and never would with such ordinary players.

a) I don't think carrying on with the approach we take now is going to change our fortunes.

b) I don't quite know what these daydream tactics are. Cos don't imagine I wouldn't bother with defence.

c) I don't see anything at all special about this division.

d) I'm not quite sure what you have against Beaglehole and wonder if you've ever seen his teams play. From what I've heard he's been pretty successful wherever he been.

e) Right now I'd rather have the club chaplain in charge than Kelly because he's another with stacks of enthusiasm, who seems to know the game backwards, and would appear likely to take a positive attitude.

It was last July I gave chapter and verse why we'd struggle this year through failing to score enough goals. Contain-and pinch-one-football just won't reap a enough reward, and never would with such ordinary players.

I'm not saying our current tatics are sound Thracian I'm saying Beaglehole's would be no better. Hopefully we will have Beaglehole in charge for a bit so you can see he's not tatical genious.

I've seen the youth team and the reserves that once were plenty of times in the past couple of years thanks.

I'm not saying our current tatics are sound Thracian I'm saying Beaglehole's would be no better. Hopefully we will have Beaglehole in charge for a bit so you can see he's not tatical genious.

I've seen the youth team and the reserves that once were plenty of times in the past couple of years thanks.

I don't think Beaglehole is a tactical genius. But I do look forward to what his team delivers for football. And one of the reasons for that is he doesn't lose his nerve when things go wrong, as they do and will from time to time.

Ironically, he only approaches games with the high pressing system Levein promised to use but never had the nerve to stick with and improve.

The other thing about Beaglehole is he plays a balanced team and gets such a consistent performance out of them, which will invariably be the case if players enjoy what they're doing and believe in the approach.

In a nutshell, Beaglehole has put a team together whereas the first team remained a disjointed collection of different sections of a team.

Beaglehole's team has square pegs in square holes and doesn't have obvious weaknesses, just players who are at slightly different stages of their development.

It also has a collective spirit which is so hard to replicate if people are unhappy behind the scenes which seems to be the case among at least some of the first teamers.

And I know which I'd sooner watch week in, week out. And I don't think he'd change at whatever level he was managing.

I don't think Beaglehole is a tactical genius. But I do look forward to what his team delivers for football. And one of the reasons for that is he doesn't lose his nerve when things go wrong, as they do and will from time to time.

Ironically, he only approaches games with the high pressing system Levein promised to use but never had the nerve to stick with and improve.

The other thing about Beaglehole is he plays a balanced team and gets such a consistent performance out of them, which will invariably be the case if players enjoy what they're doing and believe in the approach.

In a nutshell, Beaglehole has put a team together whereas the first team remained a disjointed collection of different sections of a team.

Beaglehole's team has square pegs in square holes and doesn't have obvious weaknesses, just players who are at slightly different stages of their development.

It also has a collective spirit which is so hard to replicate if people are unhappy behind the scenes which seems to be the case among at least some of the first teamers.

And I know which I'd sooner watch week in, week out. And I don't think he'd change at whatever level he was managing.

Me neither, thats why he'd get no where.

The reason Sheffield Wednesday started to gain results was largely down to Sean McAuley (academy manager) who took over after Sturrock was sacked and gave the team belief to go out there and attack and play football. I remember listening Barber during our defeat at Hillsborough going on and on about how Wednesday's full backs were constantly getting forward and putting in crosses. Since Law's has come in they've continued in the same manner.

We're in a similar position to what they were, I'm certain something similar would happen here if we gave Beaglehole the chance. I'm not saying permanent, just so that there is a chance of our club going in the right direction again. I can't help thinking we're going to struggle attracting any half decent manager even with Mandaric if we're in the relegation zone again.

We'd no doubt get a half decent one because of the wage/contract he'd be prepared to pay, but he's not been that successful in finding them, in fact just Harry really.

Archived