Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Stearman to be dropped?

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...122006366550631

It seems he's decided the inevitably inconsistent performances of youth should give way to the experience of Kenton and Williams.

How on earth he expects either to be fully fit for such a clash is beyond me...so we'll doubtless start with a handicap once again, and probably more than one.

Are Stearman and Logan scheduled for the drop for a start?

Yet how is it the young players are "inconsistent" when it is young players who fill most of the top spots in the fans ratings I don't know.

I'll tell him who's been inconsistent - or not even performing at all:

Low, Nils, McCarthy, Welsh, and Fryatt would top the list.

Nothing in Kelly's words suggest what we really need, which is a change of approach and a change of emphasis.

Basically we need a fully fit team which can get the ball, support each other, pass the ball and get into the opposition half a damn sight more than we do right now and with the back up to stay there.

It seems he's decided the inevitably inconsistent performances of youth should give way to the experience of Kenton and Williams.

How on earth he expects either to be fully fit for such a clash is beyond me...so we'll doubtless start with a handicap once again, and probably more than one.

Yet how is it the young players are "inconsistent" when it is young players who fill most of the top spots in the fans ratings I don't know.

Nothing in Kelly's words suggest what we really need, which is a change of approach and a change of emphasis.

Basically we need a fully fit team which can get the ball, support each other, pass the ball and get into the opposition half.

Mummy Mummy Mummy

Low's been dropped plenty of times.

Nils had been solid recently up until being...oh wait yes dropped

Welsh has been...ah yes dropped

Fryatt is a young player you plank.... of **** me he's been dropped as well.

Whats your point.

To be fair, I don't think we'd be any worse without Stearman.

In a way I agree. But we'd be no better either. Kenton is another limited old fella. He's a reasonable enough defender and that's it.

Stearman can play a bit but has been chopped and changed so much he hardly seems to know where he's playing next.

In a way I agree. But we'd be no better either. Kenton is another limited old fella. He's a reasonable enough defender and that's it.

Stearman can play a bit but has been chopped and changed so much he hardly seems to know where he's playing next.

I think his form dropped before the chopping and a-changing. I suspect it's Kelly's way of trying to restore some form in the lad. Consistency is the key.

You really have been at them stupid pills today haven't you.

He's twenty fooking eight.

He's widely regarded as the best youngster we've had come through the ranks this century. His performances for the acamdey and reserves were unbelievable a few years ago. Literally every match report couldn't sing his praises enough for about 18 months. Even Micky Adams came close to playing him at 16 and Adams doesn't usually play anyone under the age of 25. You are right in chopping and changing not helping him. Still a great prospect.

Mummy Mummy Mummy

Low's been dropped plenty of times.

Nils had been solid recently up until being...oh wait yes dropped

Welsh has been...ah yes dropped

Fryatt is a young player you plank.... of **** me he's been dropped as well.

Whats your point.

Low keeps gettin recalled, Nils has ben a regular selection until very recently, Welsh was selected even before he was fit and before he demonstrated that he's a very limited footballer and Fryat's never been fit enough for a first team place from what I've seen.

Nils will have lost his edge with so much time out, Low's not got it, Welsh is neither fit nor good, Fryatt the same, despite so many people continuin to stand his corner..

My point is that to win football matches we first need to consider who is properly fit to play and then put people together who can look something like a team. With our lack of a reserves side that looks harder and harder.

And where fitness is concerned, Stearman is probably a damned site fitter than Kenton, as well as being more capable of helping to score the goals we so desperately need.

Basically we need a fully fit team which can get the ball, support each other, pass the ball and get into the opposition half.

Nils has had a good season!

where does it mention conrad? williams will be a straight swap for tiatto who's injured and for all you know he's gunna play kenton alongside kisnorbo

It doesn't. I was being speculative.

His mention of inconsistency leads me to think he might go for experience in goal considering the increased goals against since Logan's arrival which, from what I've seen have nothing to do with him and far more to do with outfield inadequacies and the consequence on so much pressure on the defence of a side which offers so little in attack.

You may be right about Kenton. We'll see.

Thracian, what do you make of Stearman? Is he young enough to be the saviour of LCFC? Or is he an old, waster simply denying an infinitely more talented youngster a chance?

He must be just on the cusp.

I'm not the biggest fan of Stearman in the present set-up , truth be told and might have sold him given the chance of a decent six figure return.

But I would like to see him play in a team full of passers and movers instead of the less-than halfway house we've got at Leicester right now.

Cos I do believe that, played in his proper position at right back in a fluid, attacking team, he'd become an excellent attacking full-back.

To me he's like so many players at the club - simply not performing to the best of his ability for whatever reason.

well, der!! :o

He's widely regarded as the best youngster we've had come through the ranks this century. His performances for the acamdey and reserves were unbelievable a few years ago. Literally every match report couldn't sing his praises enough for about 18 months. Even Micky Adams came close to playing him at 16 and Adams doesn't usually play anyone under the age of 25. You are right in chopping and changing not helping him. Still a great prospect.

Bollox, that is easily Chris O'Grady or Levi Porter or Alan Sheehan or Conrad Logan etc... etc...

Bollox, that is easily Chris O'Grady or Levi Porter or Alan Sheehan or Conrad Logan etc... etc...

No no no, I think you mean Dodds, Gradel, King... don't forget Heath is gonna be the new Leicester captain, that young irish lad who was gonna be the new roy keane (can't remember his name) and Wright the new Lineker.

Oh hang on the last three have already vanished into obscurity.

:D

That reminds me. Have your views on Levi Porter changed slightly in recent weeks? Come on, you have to admit that he is our best option at left wing at the minute? Ok, so that isn't hard. But the technique in his volley on saturday shows he's no mug.

:D

That reminds me. Have your views on Levi Porter changed slightly in recent weeks? Come on, you have to admit that he is our best option at left wing at the minute? Ok, so that isn't hard. But the technique in his volley on saturday shows he's no mug.

You are kidding right?

If he was 3 inches taller no-one would notice him, because he is a midget he stands out, which is a shame for him as it only further highlights that he isn't up to it.

Welsh should have been brought in during the summer at least he can cross a ball. It all went tits up after he came off against Villa. Yet another player struggling to get fit, what is this scientific approach thing again?

You are kidding right?

If he was 3 inches taller no-one would notice him, because he is a midget he stands out, which is a shame for him as it only further highlights that he isn't up to it.

Welsh should have been brought in during the summer at least he can cross a ball. It all went tits up after he came off against Villa. Yet another player struggling to get fit, what is this scientific approach thing again?

Taylors probabley using them all as testing subjects for the new McDonalds burger.

You are kidding right?

I'm not kidding. He's the best left winger we've got. That doesn't mean I think he's brilliant. But he was our best player again last saturday. Perhaps your right about his height, perhaps it's my sub-consciousness making acceptions for him. But Tiatto and Welsh both don't do it for me. Welsh did look good against Villa but since then he's looked shit when he's played. He's another injury prone player and looks even more lightweight than Porter. Tiatto can deliver a good set piece but offers us zero width what so ever.

You are kidding right?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comparing Welsh to Levi is like comparing a Skoda to a Rolls Royce. Welsh is not only unfit but he's very limited and predictable as a footballer. Neither fact reflects well on him cos Levi looks fit even though he spent a mystery month or so out of the action..

Archived