Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mat_j101

Has anyone read tonights Mercury

Has anyone read Silkes article tonight? What an absolute waste of space!!!

Its entitled what should Kelly do with £3mil (or something of that type). He then just writes a load of crap about old leicester players and random celebrities.

Its just nonsense. He then admits to having no knowledge about lower league players, and ends by saying if we signed Pressley, we'd have Elvis and Pressley on the team.

Its just a nonsense article. No point to it. All i want for christmas is some good local reporters. All i want for christmas is some good local reporters

I cant believe i wasted my time reading it. Thats three minutes of my life im not getting back! :angry:

Has anyone read Silkes article tonight? What an absolute waste of space!!!

Its entitled what should Kelly do with £3mil (or something of that type). He then just writes a load of crap about old leicester players and random celebrities.

Its just nonsense. He then admits to having no knowledge about lower league players, and ends by saying if we signed Pressley, we'd have Elvis and Pressley on the team.

Its just a nonsense article. No point to it. All i want for christmas is some good local reporters. All i want for christmas is some good local reporters

I cant believe i wasted my time reading it. Thats three minutes of my life im not getting back! :angry:

:mellow::doh:

To be a sports journalist is actually what I would like to be after finishing school and everything. You never know you could be reading a story from me in the mercury one day :P

Thats pretty cool. I once fancied sports journalism when i was a bit younger, but it faded away. It just annoys me when people write nothing articles. He just had no point

Thats pretty cool. I once fancied sports journalism when i was a bit younger, but it faded away. It just annoys me when people write nothing articles. He just had no point

Same but I only realy want to write about LCFC, England, or top prem players, so i'd be fooked if they sent me to Nottingham! :P

To be a sports journalist is actually what I would like to be after finishing school and everything. You never know you could be reading a story from me in the mercury one day :P

i hope you write something more interesting than that tw@t. no wonder no one reads 'The Fox'. when's 'Where's the money gone' coming back.

im doing journalism at uni, as part of my media degree. i might be the next bill anderson :D

probably had to fill a column but theres nothing reportable to write at the moment , its all very quiet with just the usual rubbish spouted by the club and staff inbetween matches.

im surprised somebody thought there was an interesting sports story in the mockery anyway :blink:

im doing journalism at uni, as part of my media degree. i might be the next bill anderson :D

That's what I'd love to study at uni. The only thing is about it is that it's a small subject field and probably very popular so it could be hard to get into but hey, whose to say it couldn't be me or you?

I wouldn't want to be the next Bill Anderson, he talks bollocks! :P

That's what I'd love to study at uni. The only thing is about it is that it's a small subject field and probably very popular so it could be hard to get into but hey, whose to say it couldn't be me or you?

I wouldn't want to be the next Bill Anderson, he talks bollocks! :P

true about it being hard to get into, which is why i'm doing media studies rather than just a journalism degree, keeps my options open :thumbup:

the next bill anderson, but better :thumbup: not hard though really is it.

You know what they say, if you want it enough...

I think there's a big gap in the market right now - for a journalist who convinces me he's was watching the same game I'd been to.

And before anyone mentions it - I don't mean the Academy! :D

I think there's a big gap in the market right now - for a journalist who convinces me he's was watching the same game I'd been to.

No-one watches the same game as you, I reckon. :P

But sports journalism. It sounds fun at first - reporting on Leicester home and away, with the occasional England game thrown in. And the chance to put the fan's point of view.

Except the reality is, the only football you'll be offered in the first few years is endless crap like 250 words on Torquay v. Macclesfield on a Tuesday night in February. At best. The rest is the stuff no-one who's been there longer than you will touch. And once you've cracked it, you get a position, like Barber, reporting week in, week out on a team you hate.

But sports journalism. It sounds fun at first - reporting on Leicester home and away, with the occasional England game thrown in. And the chance to put the fan's point of view.

Except the reality is, the only football you'll be offered in the first few years is endless crap like 250 words on Torquay v. Macclesfield on a Tuesday night in February. At best. The rest is the stuff no-one who's been there longer than you will touch. And once you've cracked it, you get a position, like Barber, reporting week in, week out on a team you hate.

I wouldn't say no to getting payed to watch a football match, be it Torquay or Chelsea.

I wouldn't say no to getting payed to watch a football match, be it Torquay or Chelsea.

Hate Chelsea, already. Given time, I could hate Torquay too. Especially if I had to go and watch them. The money would have to be very good.

Well you have to start at the bottom dont you really? If you're good enough you will get to fry the bigger fish eventually....

Hate Chelsea, already. Given time, I could hate Torquay too. Especially if I had to go and watch them. The money would have to be very good.

Not for me, any football game i don't mind watching for free, let alone get paid anything for it.

i hope you write something more interesting than that tw@t. no wonder no one reads 'The Fox'. when's 'Where's the money gone' coming back/

It isn't. As far as I recall the people behind it emigrated to Spain.

It's badly missed though. We desperately need a decent fanzine. The Fox has passed its sell-by date!

It isn't. As far as I recall the people behind it emigrated to Spain.

It's badly missed though. We desperately need a decent fanzine. The Fox has passed its sell-by date!

never read either magazine. nor do i buy programmes. maybe im just a tightarse.

Archived