Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Connolly

TBF Hendo made some brilliant saves today, felt sorry for him. The Connolly goal: he parried the first shot and tried to clear the ball not realising that a defender was about to clear, fair play tho cos the way our shit back four was today they'd have probably messed it up..

But Hendo's other saves were world class.

Shame his kicking is shite. :ph34r:

connolly was a lightweight when he played for city.

the team did play to his strengths at the end of 2004-05 thats why he scored but he took the option of tripling his wages. no way is he ever worth 3 million.

Indeed. He's not a Premiership striker by any means, as Wigan found out.

Half decent attacking side was perfect for him today. He looked amazing - how much of this was down to our useless and comical defending I don't know. He could easily have bagged a hat-trick today were it not for Henderson.

no the ball had basically stopped infront of him, he then for some reason lashed at it whilst on the deck going straight to connolly

I thought he caught it then tried to role it to kisnorbo or whoever it was, and it went straight to connolly.

What are you talking about!?

I agree with Skitzo - looked to me like Henderson was panicking (having just let in two goals in a minute, albeit one disallowed), surprised himself when he made a save against the odds from a weak shot and then kicked the ball to Connolly. I don't think he was looking to release it to the defender, it just looked like his leg was flailing and the ball bounced out when he should have held on.

Henderson is very good (perhaps our best keeper) when it comes to reaction saves, but he has some significant faults at this level - kicking, panicking under pressure and punching come to mind.

Archived