Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Today's atmosphere

I wouldn't be too sure. I think it was more to do with the fact we were (at the time) outplaying a Premiership team at home in the FA Cup. I seem to remember there being a similar atmosphere in the stadium when we played Villa. If you can make the same statements after the next couple of league games I will believe you. Until then, I'm going to go for the option "it was a one off and everyone has caught Cup fever" :thumbup::P

Maybe it was a one off you're probably right. Hope it continues against Colchester at least. I think you were right; we were playing the best football we have played for ages and the crowd loved it :thumbup:

Maybe it could be the start of something good though, who knows?

The equliser was fantastic. I went mad, singing was great, football matched it, I saw Montella play, great day out.

Looking over to the Fulham end and seeing it completely silent and still full of cock er neys who 10 seconds previously were expecting to be cheering a victory in about 40 seconds time, priceless, it was if you could see every single dissapointed face. :D

The equliser was fantastic. I went mad, singing was great, football matched it, I saw Montella play, great day out.

Looking over to the Fulham end and seeing it completely silent and still full of cock er neys who 10 seconds previously were expecting to be cheering a victory in about 40 seconds time, priceless, it was if you could see every single dissapointed face. :D

I barely noticed him, which I suppose is a credit to our defence. :)

I barely noticed him, which I suppose is a credit to our defence. :)

Not really he seemed to suffer from exactly the same thing Sheva suffers from, he didn't know were to put himself, didn't read the game, didn't make the right runs.

Understandable he had less than 20 minutes, had he got into the game I think he would of caused us major problems, I don't think it will take him long to hit form in this country. Any player tha oncet cost 17 Million pounds (unless signed by Chelsea of course) is special.

well done E and D block. I thought we did OK at he other end in F2 dispite the empty seats around us.

It now needs a big effort by the ULTRA guys to publicise the movement and try to encourage the singing in the rest of the Kop.

We were noticed then - thanks for that :thumbup:

We will be further publicising this Ultras campaign, and actually plan on meeting with quite a few of the people who have put their names in the guestbook very soon (more than likely an away game - Fulham now being the obvious candidate). Hopefully we can try to build on the atmosphere created at times today in the Kop. We feel it should be like that all the time.

Maybe it was a one off you're probably right. Hope it continues against Colchester at least. I think you were right; we were playing the best football we have played for ages and the crowd loved it :thumbup:

Maybe it could be the start of something good though, who knows?

It could be the start of something good. But like with the Villa game where everyone was getting behind the team, I think it may be more to do with the level of performance against Premiership opposition than the fans noticing the atmosphere needs changing. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am. Hope that you all continue it at Colchester though. You should easily get a good atmosphere going out there :yesyes:

It was a brilliant atmosphere today. Better than usual. I usually sit in E1 but today i sat in D2 and the atmosphere was amazin. Us lads at the back sang (as alwayz) :P and the, a lot of the time,(the usually quiet kop) started to sing and clap more :smile::P

I was in the kop, there's a lot of "I've watched Green Street so i'll wear stone island and pretend i'm a hooligan" type kids around at the moment, but apart frmo that, why, in the middle of a great game did some kids at the back decide they wanted a mexican wave?!

I thought the waves were for times of on-pitch bores, they should be saved for the likes of cardiff.

John, Leonisco who sits in L1 normally, today said that you could rarely hear L1, which is what many kopites say week in, week out.

Yet you always claim your the loudest thing around.

John, Leonisco who sits in L1 normally, today said that you could rarely hear L1, which is what many kopites say week in, week out.

Yet you always claim your the loudest thing around.

L1 wasnt the best today i must admit and the atmosphere in the kop was probably better. i think some L1ers didnt bother because Fulham fans/team have a reputation of being dull (which incidently i was surprised they were pretty loud).

normally you cant hear the kop at all from L1 and considering the volume of fans shows how few sing..today a few more kopites seems to be singing and i must hand it to you..

i just know v other championship sides the kop will go back to its usual self.. it raises itself for big games...tottenham, villa, fulham..but well done berty i saw you up there in E whatever it is :thumbup:

The Kop was awesome today, despite being half-empty. Second half was the best atmosphere since Spurs last season.

Now we must keep that up for the next game for the brummies, especially as Sky will be there.

PS There seemed a lot more in L1 today - still couldn't hear them though.. :(

The Kop was awesome today, despite being half-empty. Second half was the best atmosphere since Spurs last season.

Now we must keep that up for the next game for the brummies, especially as Sky will be there.

PS There seemed a lot more in L1 today - still couldn't hear them though.. :(

Should be a good atmosphere next to the away fans as they will bring a fair few down.

I love a good atmosphere even though I'm painfully awkward and still working on the whole 'using my voice' thing. The Kop was like a Kop today, top to bottom, old geexers and kids. Between the start of the second half and about 60, 65 minutes the entire stadium was immense. My ears actually hurt, t'were great. Cooled down a bit, but everyone was in similar voice after the second goal.

Haha, some people at the top of E3 near us left after Fulham scored the second. Silly wankers.

Haha, some people at the top of E3 near us left after Fulham scored the second. Silly wankers.

Did I see you? I was waving them goodbye.

You weren't the guy who gave me big man-hugs when DC equalised were you? :o

Never used to be able to hear L1 very well when I was in the Kop, can't hear the Kop very well now I'm in L1. Just the way it is. Unfortunately the away fans can't hear the Kop very well either (today was probably an exception). The noise just doesn't travel.

I think that was Leonisco, possibly :)

You mean the guys with the Lucozade bottle and the flag, right?

I can remember hugging the three guys on my left who I'd never met before, and us all joining in a circle and jumping up and down like madmen. :D Reminds me of the Spurs game when I jumped on a steward and started hugging him when MDV scored. lol

And to the guys with the flag and Lucozade bottle - all I have to say is SERVES YOU RIGHT YOU WASTERS! :D

Archived