Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Iain Dowie

i think with a bit of money RK would do well actually very well he would be able to bring in the players he wants!

i think if were doing poorly at the end of october mid november next season time for a new manager

i think with a bit of money RK would do well actually very well he would be able to bring in the players he wants!

i think if were doing poorly at the end of october mid november next season time for a new manager

Technically wouldn't all his signings go down as he player's he wanted ?

Dowie’s performance at Charlton really colouerd a lot of people’s view of him, but their’s forgetting the mountain a new manager has to climb when they arrive at a club that’s just seen a long standing manager leave and this is only exacerbated by the fact that the club’s squad (with a handful of exceptions) is fairly weak.

Dowie’s got very solid tactical understanding and knows a fair bit about preparing and training his teams (areas in which RK has been totally lacking!)… on the downside I would worry about his man-management skills and some of his… er… quirkier traits.

That said, on balance I think he’d be a good manager and a vast improvement on RK, we forget that Dowie (prior to Charlton) had an impressively solid record as a manager and the skill with which he managed his teams’ training attracted a lot of praise. Is he one of the UK’s best managers? No… but they aren’t going to be heading to Leicester even with MM at the helm, he’s got a very solid record and is a vast improvement on RK who’s management of this club has been as good and as bad as his limited ability will manage IMHO.

It’s also interesting to note that MM and Pompey were the only club to have approached Palace about signing Dowie as manager, suggesting that MM too has a high regard for Dowie.

I always thought that when his name was mentioned he would be a good manager to get us out of the Championship. But looking at his track record in the Prem he cannot cut it. We have had too many managers in a short space of time. If we do get rid of Kelly we need a manager that will be at the club for a long period of time. One that can get us out of the Championship and maintain Prem status IF or WHEN we get promotion.

He may be a better manager than RK technically but if there is a better manager available that has a realistic chance of coming to Leicester then I would rather not have Dowie.

...if there is a better manager available that has a realistic chance of coming to Leicester then I would rather not have Dowie.

Any ideas?... coz one things for sure RK isnt capable, nice guy but beyond that he's simply not up to it.

Dowie would be a good solid manager with some understanding of preparing and leading his team... somthing that RK cant do and its killing us in the League.

Any ideas?... coz one things for sure RK isnt capable, nice guy but beyond that he's simply not up to it.

Dowie would be a good solid manager with some understanding of preparing and leading his team... somthing that RK cant do and its killing us in the League.

Its a tough one...Of the top of my head to be honest the managers that come to mind that are not employed...

Nigel Worthington

Geroge Graham

Does not sound too promising. So I would take Dowie over them. But I am sure to of fogot some. And people are soon getting the sack these days alot quicker.

Archived