Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Time is up for the Foxes Trust?

Is it not true that they should not not be allowed to not carry on not bumbling?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. End of days for the FT?

• They are useless
    • They represent the fans

With MM as the single owner of the club they have no role unless MM wants them to have one. He might feed them prawn sandwiches and use them for his own PR purposes.

That's spot on!..exactly what he'll do..they will never be a threat to MM but they could be useful to him..as long as they are I'm sure he will keep patting them on the head and tickling their tummies :whistle:

Maybe I'm a bit out of touch, in fact I know I am so filling me in would be helpful (and not in a Craig David or ICF way), but I don't understand the a real animosity towards the FT. They set themselves up to help the club, and they voice some of our concerns but I think they've lost their way a little particulary in hindsight of the last few months with all the takeover confusion.

Realistically they're just concerned about the welfare of LCFC as we all are but lack the direction and cohesiveness to work with, listen to and communicate with the fans to properly get the recognition they crave. If it's all gone to the dogs, fair play they should walk away but if it's possible to salvage something then why not organise a meeting with a few elected posters/moderators on here and the FT to thrash out our differences and try to make the fans' voice a little bit more focused serving the best interests of us all, after all it's us who pay for the club.

Simple Poll, in the event of a takeover should the FT sell their shares to Mandarich and keep out of club affairs and call it day as a serious organisation at the club. Or alternately should they remain a shareholder with less power than before (or in their words, as part of an "advisory board".

I ask as the FT seem intent on keeping their shares in the club after Mandarichs take over, I personally think they should take this opportunity to bow out, thank you for raising money for the club and all but your communication skills are beyond terrible and they often lead to confusion, they do not and never have represented the majority of fans, they do very little for the fans, we're still stuck with one year kit cycles and we've lost the season ticket discount. The club take a few of your little suggestions on board to keep you sweet but you don't carry any real power.

The FT have also seriously hindered the takeover with there dodgy PR, whether this was done on purpose or was down to their awful lines of communications is irrelevant IMO.

Jeez, you made the poll a bit confusing didn't you? After assessing the poll options for a long time, I voted what I was thinking of all the time, yes they should go. To me it seems that they are just a load of glory seeking people who want to find out all the goss. and stuff first, they don't do anything for the club.

Foxes Trust out <_<

To their members - what's the problem with keeping their members updated for Christ's sake. I for one found the update useful.

...I don't see how its an update, they bring up the EGM which was in November. Seems to me like they have no update so they're just going over what has been said. It just seems the FT and trying to be the ying to the mercurys yang.

Usefull for you prehaps but the statement looks almost anti Milan Mandaric in the way it's worded and in the issues it raises, which really is not the kind of statement they should be releasing at a time like this IMO.

No matter what way you look at it, they've released a statement which is easy to take advantage of, and the Mercury has done exactly that, which TBH they deserve for having a pop at the paper as often as they done during this take over. I agree they have had a point, the Mercury has filled the heads of the average Leicester fan with false information, but they way the FT has conducted itself and communicated with the fans has been equally bad, and if a big group like them wants to have a crack at the local newspaper then they should expect to get something back. They may like to think they can get away with having endless shots at the mercury for printing bollocks, but when all is said and done alot more peopel read the back pages on the Mercury than the FT website.

...I don't see how its an update, they bring up the EGM which was in November. Seems to me like they have no update so they're just going over what has been said. It just seems the FT and trying to be the ying to the mercurys yang.

Usefull for you prehaps but the statement looks almost anti Milan Mandaric in the way it's worded and in the issues it raises, which really is not the kind of statement they should be releasing at a time like this IMO.

No matter what way you look at it, they've released a statement which is easy to take advantage of, and the Mercury has done exactly that, which TBH they deserve for having a pop at the paper as often as they done during this take over. I agree they have had a point, the Mercury has filled the heads of the average Leicester fan with false information, but they way the FT has conducted itself and communicated with the fans has been equally bad, and if a big group like them wants to have a crack at the local newspaper then they should expect to get something back. They may like to think they can get away with having endless shots at the mercury for printing bollocks, but when all is said and done alot more peopel read the back pages on the Mercury than the FT website.

So, you think they are irrelevant but somehow damaging the bid, you admit they are trying to give balance to the rubbish the merc are printing, but that is somewhow a bad thing, they are concerned at the future of the club and are the only people who have visibility of the negotiations / board meeting without a personal financial interest in the deal, yet they don;t in any way represent the fans? If you are so Pro Mandaric you can't stand to see anyone questioning anything then you clearly don't care all that much about the club.

So, you think they are irrelevant but somehow damaging the bid, you admit they are trying to give balance to the rubbish the merc are printing, but that is somewhow a bad thing, they are concerned at the future of the club and are the only people who have visibility of the negotiations / board meeting without a personal financial interest in the deal, yet they don;t in any way represent the fans? If you are so Pro Mandaric you can't stand to see anyone questioning anything then you clearly don't care all that much about the club.

This statement is just one of a number of things they could of handled better, maybe if they were a bit more relevant they would of seriously damaged the bid but thankfully because if their inconsequentialness (I’ve got no idea whether or not that’s a word) they haven't had much of an effect. Although I did have serious fears for the bid when those figures were leaked to Radio Leicester, as did everyone else on here, including a good number of people who are currently standing up for the FT.

It's not the fact that they're countering the Mercs rubbish, it the fact that they are countering the Mercs rubbish with more rubbish, and it seems like they're attempting to score points with the paper which is a battle they're never going to win. They have plenty of personal interest in this deal, they wouldn't want to lose their match hospitality and quirks now would they? How do they represent the fans, what positive influences have they had on this club? How is your life as a Leicester City supporter any better thanks to the Foxes Trust?

As I've no problem with the bid being questioned by any one if they have reason, but that "update" seems to be more concerned with the past than the present, from where I'm sitting the board has advised the shareholders to accept Mandarics deal, that should be the end of it. I for once don't trust the club and it's "plan B".

The results of the poll show I'm not the only one who thinks this.

EDIT: FAO the artisit formally known as Disco Bob, if your going to correct my Poll at least correct it properly!!!

EDIT: FAO the artisit formally known as Disco Bob, if your going to correct my Poll at least correct it properly!!!

Better now?

Right - now get back to kicking little old ladies out onto the street and charging so much interest that young families drown in debt, you bastard. :P

Better now?

Right - now get back to kicking little old ladies out onto the street and charging so much interest that young families drown in debt, you bastard. :P

AHA Incorrect David, I work for a Building Society, so no lending of money (apart from mortgages, at a very competitve rate, for more information please call the Upper Bond street branch of the H&R Building Society) involved.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/

IT'S TIME TO DISBAND TRUST AND GIVE MONEY TO CHARITY'

More Headlines | Back to home page

1 reader has commented on this story. Click here to read their views.

10:15 - 10 January 2007

Why on earth do the Foxes Trust still want to own part of our club?

Our report yesterday that a leaked foxes trust email cast doubt over the milan mandaric buy-out of leicester city sparked a huge response in our mailbox, and some views appear below

They have no say and no impact.

If they want to keep their seat in the boardroom then it will probably be a room that does not contain Milan Mandaric because of emails like this.

I think all City fans want this deal to go through.

It appears the only group that does not is the one that claims to be the voice of the fans.

How they can make these claims?

I really do not know, as the early responses to this article clearly demonstrate that their views, and efforts, are not backed by the majority of fans.

Disband the Trust and give all the money to charity.

Nick Barsby, New Arley

Lay off the Trust.

Their representatives know more about the bid than any of its critics do.

And how can the Leicester Mercury be so certain that the takeover will proceed when the final details have not yet been circulated to shareholders? Perhaps the paper's reporters should stick to reporting the news, instead of trying to make it.

The Foxes Trust are genuine City fans, which is more than can be said for Mandaric.

C Fox, Leicester

This is why I did not stay a member

This is exactly why I didn't renew my membership of the Trust.

If Mandaric wasn't serious about this, he would have gone up the M6 by now to Wolves.

His possible entrance there has already been made easier by the 'price' being lowered by their owner.

What is Mandaric going to do? Asset strip? What assets?

I really think this is a real once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we should take it with both hands.

The thing is, if this all does fall through, the existing board will be lambasted for not taking it up.

Phil, Leicester

Doom and gloom merchants back

I see the doom and gloom merchants have returned from their Christmas break then!

Is it really so hard to be positive about something that is going to be so good for Leicester City?

If the Trust has no firm foundations for its comments, and is not available for comment, then perhaps it should keep quiet!

Darren, Braunstone

The Trust are not representative

The Trust do not represent all fans and it seems to me that most fans oppose the Trust.

When the fans wanted some positive action, and not negative feelings, the Trust have not been there!

Abolish the Trust. As fans, we do not have to accommodate such a Trust.

Bill, Leicester

All City fans want this takeover

Every LCFC fan wants this takeover to happen.

We are struggling every season to get out of the bottom half of the Championship!

It's a joke if we have no money to spend on players in the window and summer.

How can we improve? We are going nowhere!

Daniel, London.

Is there some confusion here? The FT haven't 'released a statement' to the public, they've informed their members via an email about what is going on, some of those members may not have been keeping up to date with everything as most message board users have been, hense the reason why referring to events such as the EGM are perfectly valid. They've also answered questions put to them on another forum. They've not put out a press statement about their opinion on the MM deal for a long while.

Is there some confusion here? The FT haven't 'released a statement' to the public, they've informed their members via an email about what is going on, some of those members may not have been keeping up to date with everything as most message board users have been, hense the reason why referring to events such as the EGM are perfectly valid. They've also answered questions put to them on another forum. They've not put out a press statement about their opinion on the MM deal for a long while.

It's public now though isn't it, they should be more carefull what they write and how they write it.

As I've said, this is just one of a thousand things which shows the FT in a bad light, the main one being they never do anything useful.

It's public now though isn't it, they should be more carefull what they write and how they write it.

As I've said, this is just one of a thousand things which shows the FT in a bad light, the main one being they never do anything useful.

Oh really???

Then how come the club has just announced the extension of the 10% discount at club shops until the end of the season?

They didn't do that out of the goodness of their hearts, the move was forced ont hem by pressure from supporters' groups, and the FOXES Trust in particular.

Regarding the outcome of the poll, it's a shame that most posters appear to care more about money than for fellow supporters.

But then again, if you exclude those under 18 from the result than perhaps we'd have a much better balance..

I care about the club not the trust, they just want 'to be in the comfy seats' that they are used too.... they dont think of anyone apart from themselves.

there is a difference between loyalies to the club or the the trust...

So what WILL the trust spend the money on when they get the money back eventually? it is NOT there money.

:dunno:

Oh really???

Then how come the club has just announced the extension of the 10% discount at club shops until the end of the season?

They didn't do that out of the goodness of their hearts, the move was forced ont hem by pressure from supporters' groups, and the FOXES Trust in particular.

Regarding the outcome of the poll, it's a shame that most posters appear to care more about money than for fellow supporters.

But then again, if you exclude those under 18 from the result than perhaps we'd have a much better balance..

That should of never gone missing in the first place and if the FT did their job it wouldn't of, theres no evidence the Foxes Trust had anything to do with it either. And it's only to the end of the season I take it? So ST have all of 4 months before the ST start getting ripped off again, great.

Regarding the FT, it's a shame they care more about power, stature and freebies than for fellow supporters.

That should of never gone missing in the first place and if they did what they what they were suppouse to iw wouldn't, theres no evidence the Foxes Trust had anything to do with it either. And it's only to the end of the season I take it? So ST have all of 4 months before the ST start getting ripped off again, great.

Regarding the FT, it's a shame they care more about power, stature and freebies than for fellow supporters.

Well Said Manwell! :thumbup:

I care about the club not the trust, they just want 'to be in the comfy seats' that they are used too.... they dont think of anyone apart from themselves.

there is a difference between loyalies to the club or the the trust...

So what WILL the trust spend the money on when they get the money back eventually? it is NOT there money.

:dunno:

1. They all have season tickets and a couple sit with the directors on a rota basis to keep up to speed with the goings on at the club. They have to pay for refreshments, etc.

2. It is their money. In the event of the trust winding up, it is set out in its founding document where any monies should go - to a similar local organisation or local sporting etc. charities.

Certain members of the trust get match hospitality and free box's at certain matches.

I also remember a truck load of free tickets being handed out to them for a home game this season.

Care to give us the source for your first assertation? I presume the second point you make is for the Barnsley game, where the club were giving free tickets out in a number of high streets, so I don't think the trust were alone in what you say.

Archived