Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Time is up for the Foxes Trust?

Is it not true that they should not not be allowed to not carry on not bumbling?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. End of days for the FT?

• They are useless
    • They represent the fans

Then you have been lied to or are doing it yourself...because the answer to all the above was 'yes'. I have been and seen! From the tables laden with food and people serving you to the people at the door to the box providing the rugs, it is all true. The table piled with free copies of the programes is just next to the toilet if you ever get to go in there!

The free tickets are those given to the Trust to distribute as they see fit - and you need to read your emails they send you better if you have missed that one...if you really are a Trust member and not some little troll.

I have not claimed it to be anything other than perks which they enjoy (obviously in a guilty fashion or your "friend" would have fessed up to you about it).

Two free tickets a game, for which they have already paid for, that's a real benefit that is. . BTW, I like the " troll " bit, makes a change from being called a gimp, I suppose. :P

and seeing as you were so keen for me to produce evidence, where is yours. What you say is no more credible than what I say.

How can I prove a negative? It's you who came up with the allegations of free boxes and hospitality, not me TBH. I think, as they say in the papers, that this correspondence is now closed, as I've work to do, and my keyboard is melting. :P

Oh really???

Then how come the club has just announced the extension of the 10% discount at club shops until the end of the season?

They didn't do that out of the goodness of their hearts, the move was forced ont hem by pressure from supporters' groups, and the FOXES Trust in particular.

Regarding the outcome of the poll, it's a shame that most posters appear to care more about money than for fellow supporters.

But then again, if you exclude those under 18 from the result than perhaps we'd have a much better balance..

I put the club above money, do you know the harsh reality to a takeover? its selling our brest players and fighting to avoid relegation and administration.

The Trust get a couple of tickets that are dished out on rotation each match. They don't all get tickets to dish out to their mates. I would think most trust board members are season tickets holders already so they have already purchased tickets.

They don't sit in a box, they sit in the Directors area of the stand. They get a free programme (as does everyone in that area), and a cuppa at half time under the stand should they wish to have one.

There is no free meal as far as I am aware. I personally get free tickets for that area, with the meal etc through my contact. I haven't seen any trust members in the meal area before, but people do come and go so i'm not 100%.

They give up quite a lot of personal time to post on these sites, answer emails etc etc. I really don't see the problem with a free programme and a cup of tea a couple of times a season each.

I think the trust do make mistakes and get drawn into making emotive posts responding to the crap that gets posted on these boards. I think they do an ok job, of course they make mistakes... they are only human.

I think they have dealt with the MM situation as I would have... ask for the facts before jumping on any bandwagon one way or the other. I think some people on here would benefit from doing the same.

The Trust get a couple of tickets that are dished out on rotation each match. They don't all get tickets to dish out to their mates. I would think most trust board members are season tickets holders already so they have already purchased tickets.

They don't sit in a box, they sit in the Directors area of the stand. They get a free programme (as does everyone in that area), and a cuppa at half time under the stand should they wish to have one.

There is no free meal as far as I am aware. I personally get free tickets for that area, with the meal etc through my contact. I haven't seen any trust members in the meal area before, but people do come and go so i'm not 100%.

They give up quite a lot of personal time to post on these sites, answer emails etc etc. I really don't see the problem with a free programme and a cup of tea a couple of times a season each.

I think the trust do make mistakes and get drawn into making emotive posts responding to the crap that gets posted on these boards. I think they do an ok job, of course they make mistakes... they are only human.

I think they have dealt with the MM situation as I would have... ask for the facts before jumping on any bandwagon one way or the other. I think some people on here would benefit from doing the same.

Hallelujah!!!

Yes, I'm sure most of their patronising sarcastic comments take a good 10 minutes each to come up with.

:cry: Thank God. :clap:

Don't come round here with your facts and rational explanations!!!! :smile::thumbup:

The Trust could do with updating its website every so often. If they published statements on there as well as responding to individual comments on message boards, maybe their reputation would improve.

But that's NO excuse for the appalling abuse handed out by the Mercury. They've published a number of emails slating the Trust and calling for it to be disbanded. Even the ONE pro-Trust message that appeared was heavily censored from its original form.

The editor of that tacky tabloid should be hung from the nearest tree! :angry::angry::angry:

Where are the foxes trust when you want them to answer the SUPPORTERS? eh...

To be fair - I don't think they have to answer to supporters at large - just to the membership. It's just that they don't seem receptive to ideas to increase the membership or improve the manner in which they communicate unfortunately.

I think there is a role to be played, but it doesn't involve sitting in the Directors box on a Saturday hanging around hoping for a bit of smalltalk with a proper Board member. To be an effective campaigning force they need to distance themselves from the Directors Box and return to the stands with the rest of the supporters.

Working ladies and men of the Trust, Unite! Throw down your sandwiches; you have nothing to lose but your chains. :D

To be an effective campaigning force they need to distance themselves from the Directors Box and return to the stands with the rest of the supporters.

But 99% of the members are already there!

We were around when many in the game, including the beloved St Milan, were hoping we'd go under.

And we'll STILL be around long after he's gone!

But 99% of the members are already there!

We were around when many in the game, including the beloved St Milan, were hoping we'd go under.

And we'll STILL be around long after he's gone!

:dunno:

All of which fails to address my point entirely...

This all seems very strange to me...I tell my mates that support other clubs about having the trust, and they all say they would give their left arm for their club to have a fans' organisation with a signifcant position in the club (alright, you can argue it's not that significant but it's much more so than many, many clubs) and yet people wanna get rid of it?!

I don't read many of these threads so I'm not 100% on this point but can't anyone join the trust? If so, why shut it down when instead people could just join and make it reflect their view point instead?it seems properly counter-productive.

However, if I'm wrong and the trust is just a select elite of 'fans' with no possibility of others joining or if it is the case that there's a select elite that make all the decisions and then tell the other 'members' what theyve decided, then this organistion is not ideal and mabe it's time for it to go.

This all seems very strange to me...I tell my mates that support other clubs about having the trust, and they all say they would give their left arm for their club to have a fans' organisation with a signifcant position in the club (alright, you can argue it's not that significant but it's much more so than many, many clubs) and yet people wanna get rid of it?!

I don't read many of these threads so I'm not 100% on this point but can't anyone join the trust? If so, why shut it down when instead people could just join and make it reflect their view point instead?it seems properly counter-productive.

However, if I'm wrong and the trust is just a select elite of 'fans' with no possibility of others joining or if it is the case that there's a select elite that make all the decisions and then tell the other 'members' what theyve decided, then this organistion is not ideal and mabe it's time for it to go.

Anyone can join for £10/annum; anyone can stand for election to the board.

It complies with all the statutory requirements of running a football trust.

Fair enough their communication skills aren't great but they’re just ordinary LCFC fans giving up their time for the love of LCFC to run the trust.

Judging by some of the post on here the communication skills, as poor as they are best left to the current trust board. :P

Anyone can join for £10/annum; anyone can stand for election to the board.

It complies with all the statutory requirements of running a football trust.

Fair enough their communication skills aren't great but they’re just ordinary LCFC fans giving up their time for the love of LCFC to run the trust.

Judging by some of the post on here the communication skills, as poor as they are best left to the current trust board. :P

Quite a turnaround from a few weeks ago Mr.G? I remember you being none too complimentary about their communication techniques

Quite a turnaround from a few weeks ago Mr.G? I remember you being none too complimentary about their communication techniques

Indeed, the tune of Gibson has very much changed.

Why would any one want to pay £10 a year to join the FT, four pints that.

also I bet the board elections are about as pointless as the organsation as the same people win them (no I have no evidence or facts, im speculating, sue me :rolleyes:)

Am I still not critical of those?

I just believe the anti-Trust bandwagon has reached unjustifiable levels of animosity almost amounting to paranoia.

I and one or two others are just trying to add some balance where it is justified.

Archived