Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Time is up for the Foxes Trust?

Is it not true that they should not not be allowed to not carry on not bumbling?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. End of days for the FT?

• They are useless
    • They represent the fans

Simple Poll, in the event of a takeover should the FT sell their shares to Mandarich and keep out of club affairs and call it day as a serious organisation at the club. Or alternately should they remain a shareholder with less power than before (or in their words, as part of an "advisory board".

I ask as the FT seem intent on keeping their shares in the club after Mandarichs take over, I personally think they should take this opportunity to bow out, thank you for raising money for the club and all but your communication skills are beyond terrible and they often lead to confusion, they do not and never have represented the majority of fans, they do very little for the fans, we're still stuck with one year kit cycles and we've lost the season ticket discount. The club take a few of your little suggestions on board to keep you sweet but you don't carry any real power.

The FT have also seriously hindered the takeover with there dodgy PR, whether this was done on purpose or was down to their awful lines of communications is irrelevant IMO.

The FT have also seriously hindered the takeover with there dodgy PR, whether this was done on purpose or was down to their awful lines of communications is irrelevant IMO.

Why is their PR any more dodgy than Milan's? I doubt very much that they have hindered anything at all.

Why is their PR any more dodgy than Milan's? I doubt very much that they have hindered anything at all.

the FT leaked figures to radio Leicester, and have inadverntly incouraged the Tigers groundshare as a alternate the a takeover, and have just released a needless statement when the deal is apparently nearing completion.

Simple Poll, in the event of a takeover should the FT sell their shares to Mandarich and keep out of club affairs and call it day as a serious organisation at the club. Or alternately should they remain a shareholder with less power than before (or in their words, as part of an "advisory board".

I ask as the FT seem intent on keeping their shares in the club after Mandarichs take over, I personally think they should take this opportunity to bow out, thank you for raising money for the club and all but your communication skills are beyond terrible and they often lead to confusion, they do not and never have represented the majority of fans, they do very little for the fans, we're still stuck with one year kit cycles and we've lost the season ticket discount. The club take a few of your little suggestions on board to keep you sweet but you don't carry any real power.

Well it's a good job your not involved in the negotiations or the communication :whistle:

I'm been a big critic of the FT communications, but if there is anyone that is being misleading, disruptive, mischievous, and probably dishonest it's the Leicester Mercury and all in order to just sell a few more papers.

The FT by definition, i.e, representing their members have to take a cautious approach, they have never said they are against MM's bid only that it's not all that the Mercury claims it to be and have also reflected quite clearly that not all the shareholders are at one with this bid, if it's so honky dory as the Mercury suggests £25mill you need to ask yourself why has one Director resigned?

I'm sure that this bid will go through and it will be accepted by the FT members but until the facts are known I'm quite happy as an FT member for them to take a cautious approach.

the FT leaked figures to radio Leicester, you have evidence of that? and have inadverntly incouraged the Tigers groundshare as a alternate the a takeover - no they didn't they just asked if fans would find it acceptable so they would have clear picture of members views, besides MM's bid is rumoured to include a possible groundshare. and have just released a needless statement, as an FT member I'm happy to have recieved that statement and it was only sent to members the fact that it's gone public is down to the Mercury, maybe you should ask them why they published such a needless statement when the deal is apparently nearing completion - only according to MM, the Mercury and rumours, as the shareholders have yet to receive the formal bid only they know if it's nearing completion

Well it's a good job your not involved in the negotiations or the communication :whistle:

I'm been a big critic of the FT communications, but if there is anyone that is being misleading, disruptive, mischievous, and probably dishonest it's the Leicester Mercury and all in order to just sell a few more papers.

The FT by definition, i.e, representing their members have to take a cautious approach, they have never said they are against MM's bid only that it's not all that the Mercury claims it to be and have also reflected quite clearly that not all the shareholders are at one with this bid, if it's so honky dory as the Mercury suggests £25mill you need to ask yourself why has one Director resigned?

I'm sure that this bid will go through and it will be accepted by the FT members but until the facts are known I'm quite happy as an FT member for them to take a cautious approach.

Agreed, on both counts, :D but beside the point, on both counts. They've come out with some tripe during this takeover and plenty more before it, their ineffective as a fans organsation. I don't intend to stand up for them just because they aren't as bad as the local tabloid.

I think they've lost touch with the vast majority of fans. They never seem to have anything positive to say about the situation and don't share the fans view that this bid is our only way out of middle to bottom championship mediocrity and a slow slip down the leagues.

you have evidence of that?
Not hard evidence no, just that the Foxes trust claimed to know something that it couldn't possible tell any one, 2 hours later it's all over radio Leicester.
no they didn't they just asked if fans would find it acceptable so they would have clear picture of members views, besides MM's bid is rumoured to include a possible groundshare.
"Last chance for the Tigers"

as an FT member I'm happy to have recieved that statement and it was only sent to members the fact that it's gone public is down to the Mercury, maybe you should ask them why they published such a needless statement when the deal is apparently nearing completion - only according to MM, the Mercury and rumours, as the shareholders have yet to receive the formal bid only they know if it's nearing completion

As I've said before I hate the mokery more than the FT but unfortuantely I don't have the oppurtunity to promote getting rid of them with any hope of it actually happening.

Get rid!

I met one of them in the Director's Box a few matches ago, when I was invited up there. I just got the impression that the Directors (of the FT) in particular are on something of an ego trip. :angry:

In theory the organisation is an excellent idea. Other supporters trusts have some real clout - e.g. at Lincoln, they took over, and now run the club. The problem is that at Leicester, they are never going to be more than a bit part player, and I think that certain members wish that there was more to it than that.

Indeed.

And at least they haven't told us any lies, which can't be said of others involved with the takeover bid.

I believe the FT poster/s have said that the FT will be around even if they do sell their shares.

(btw their=they're, Mandarich=Mandaric)

Mandarich new nick name innit :whistle:.

They can be around all they want, if they aren't offically part of the club ignoring them will be alot easier.

I think they have done a great job of representing their members and have constantly fought and won on issues dear to the entire fan base. I think they had demonstrated the skills to become full board members (with voting rights) and I am amazed anyone would dare to question their communication skills - during the take-over process they have been outstanding with the quality and quantity of statements released to both the media and the membership.

:whistle:

I think they have done a great job of representing their members and have constantly fought and won on issues dear to the entire fan base. I think they had demonstrated the skills to become full board members (with voting rights) and I am amazed anyone would dare to question their communication skills - during the take-over process they have been outstanding with the quality and quantity of statements released to both the media and the membership.

:whistle:

Sell the Foxes Trust to Kellogs

Get rid!

I met one of them in the Director's Box a few matches ago, when I was invited up there. I just got the impression that the Directors (of the FT) in particular are on something of an ego trip. :angry:

In theory the organisation is an excellent idea. Other supporters trusts have some real clout - e.g. at Lincoln, they took over, and now run the club. The problem is that at Leicester, they are never going to be more than a bit part player, and I think that certain members wish that there was more to it than that.

Having spent one of the worst 3 hours of my life next to a senior FT member, I cannot agree more. It was like watching a sycophantic gimp looking for the slightest acknowledgement from anyone remotely connected with the club, not realising that people saw the FT initials as something completely different to Foxes Trust.

They achieved much in a short time and nothing for a long time since.

Cheerio.

I'm getting sick of hearing what the Foxes Trust has to say now, they dont represent our club, they represent themselves, and its sickening. GIMPS

Well they represent me thank you very much, have a dig at the Mercury for publishing the memo.

The foxes trust ahhhh, well behaved representatives of the fans.......wrong....

They think they are the fans voice and they are very far from it, at some of the fans forums, yes I have been on this in my time, they persist on objecting to everything that LCFC put forward.

"were thinking of the fans" .... FoxesTrust, people have brains and will make there own minds up, thanks for rallying together to put some funds (our funds) together in the time of crisis now move over your getting a little to big for your own good.

:thumbup:

Archived