Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Time is up for the Foxes Trust?

Is it not true that they should not not be allowed to not carry on not bumbling?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. End of days for the FT?

• They are useless
    • They represent the fans

Indeed, the tune of Gibson has very much changed.

Why would any one want to pay £10 a year to join the FT, four pints that.

also I bet the board elections are about as pointless as the organsation as the same people win them (no I have no evidence or facts, im speculating, sue me :rolleyes: )

Well yes some of the same people are winning them because very few people are prepared to give up the time and to put in the effort, it's easy to criticise, and I've done my fair share but as I've said above that criticism has now become, well laughable.

Edit The poll above reflects that hysteria, because they don't and never have 'represented the fans' per se they represent their members. If that happens to coincide with the majority of all LCFC fans then great if not tough shit.

Anyone can join for £10/annum; anyone can stand for election to the board.

It complies with all the statutory requirements of running a football trust.

Fair enough their communication skills aren't great but they’re just ordinary LCFC fans giving up their time for the love of LCFC to run the trust.

Judging by some of the post on here the communication skills, as poor as they are best left to the current trust board. :P

Being slightly harsh on yourself there davie.

:yawn: The FT should sell their shares to MM, Then give the monies ernt and remember that this is the fans money anyway to Rob Kelly to help fund new players!! :whistle::):banana: :fox: :scarf::appl:

Was giving the money to the club in the list of things the Trust is allowed to do with the money? Either way, by keeping their shares that means MM doesn't have to buy them, which will free up the cash he would have had to pay anyway.

Being slightly harsh on yourself there davie.

No one was exluded because no one is perfect, not even me. :)

Communicating to the public is a major skill and people are paid £1000's to do it. That's why I have continued to advise and still do for the FT to keep their statements to their website, minimal and to reporting actual/real progress.

To be fair - I don't think they have to answer to supporters at large - just to the membership. It's just that they don't seem receptive to ideas to increase the membership or improve the manner in which they communicate unfortunately.

I think there is a role to be played, but it doesn't involve sitting in the Directors box on a Saturday hanging around hoping for a bit of smalltalk with a proper Board member. To be an effective campaigning force they need to distance themselves from the Directors Box and return to the stands with the rest of the supporters.

Working ladies and men of the Trust, Unite! Throw down your sandwiches; you have nothing to lose but your chains. :D

a different point of view would be to say that campaigning from a distance just produces soundbites, rather than change. To have a chance to effect change, you have to be near the centre of power

a different point of view would be to say that campaigning from a distance just produces soundbites, rather than change. To have a chance to effect change, you have to be near the centre of power

Then the measure of that would be the success they have had...or in this case: haven't. :D

:clap: lets have somemore people.

Just to say mate there is a thread on this stuff on the General chat forum that I stumbled across! I think someone started the thread months and months ago!! Some hilarious stuff on there and worth a look.

Dont see why people have a massive problem with them?

If you dont want to read what they say then dont.

It's impossible to have the opion of all fans because we dont all think alike

Maybe we don't all think alike, but there are only a certain number of opinions to be had, so a concensus can be achieved.

If you think this is impossible, then what is the point of them at all??

Oh really???

Then how come the club has just announced the extension of the 10% discount at club shops until the end of the season?

Whoop de feckin' woo!

Now I am a bit cut off being all the way out in Swampyland, so I may just be out of touch but can someone actually list me what the FT have actually achieved?? (And what have the Romans ever done for us?)

The Trust, which has between 900 and 1,000 members, hopes to retain some, if not all, of its £151,000 worth of shares in the event of a takeover. It is also hopeful of an advisory role.

Bason said: "Ideally we would like to retain them all, some or even a token single share.

THE DOOR IS THERE!! GET OUT

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...212007392254731

The Trust, which has between 900 and 1,000 members, hopes to retain some, if not all, of its £151,000 worth of shares in the event of a takeover. It is also hopeful of an advisory role.

Bason said: "Ideally we would like to retain them all, some or even a token single share.

THE DOOR IS THERE!! GET OUT

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...212007392254731

as I am a little bored I quite fancy setting up one of those petition online things with the following statement...

This petition is to highlight the fact that we the undersigned believe that the Foxes Trust have out stayed their welcome and for the good of the club need to go as their own over inflated egos and levels of self importance seem to have taken over from the orginal goals set out for them to achieve.

We also believe the the slogan "voice of the fans" should no longer be used as the membership of between 900-1000 represents less than 5% of the average match day attendance.

while we thank them for all their efforts in helping the club through difficult times during the period of administration but times have changed and you have now out stayed your welcome, so please do the decent thing.

would anybody sign it or have better ideas for what to say??

I think it would be f**king hilarious if we could get more sigs than foxes trust members!!! lol

We also believe the the slogan "voice of the fans" should no longer be used as the membership of between 900-1000 represents less than 5% of the average match day attendance.

"Foxes Trust - Voice of Some Fans (but not many any more)" :thumbup:

"Foxes Trust - Voice of Some Fans (but not many any more)" :thumbup:

I don't see how any one organisation could truly represent "the fans".

Imagine anyone trying to equate your views and mine for a start - and this forum demonstrates on a daily basis the hugely varying opinions of different people whose only common denominator is supporting Leicester City.

I was about to post something similar.

I know nothing about what the trust is supposed to have done, personally. It's done nothing that's affected me for better or for worse, to my knowledge. But, if anyone on the City board truely represented 'The Fans', they'd be wildly whimsical and incoherant, with opinions that change like the wind. There's nothing wrong with fans being like this - it's what passion does to a person, but for an offical body to be like that would be madness. They have to be cautious or they'd be in for even more stick than they get at current.

for all this critisism of the trust, they're the only shareholder posting/giving out any imformation.personally i think the idea of a fan on the board is pretty pointless, but lets not get nasty just for the sake of it.

I don't see how any one organisation could truly represent "the fans".

Imagine anyone trying to equate your views and mine for a start - and this forum demonstrates on a daily basis the hugely varying opinions of different people whose only common denominator is supporting Leicester City.

I don't even believe that of some who post on here.

You're right. There are those who would keep us in the dark ages that have so dimmed our club's sparkle - and you do wonder at their motives.

I have to bow to your greater knowledge of the dark ages.

Football no, dark ages yes.

I have to bow to your greater knowledge of the dark ages.

Football no, dark ages yes.

I suppose the 60's when we had such things as strikers, wingers and midfield players who scored and created goals is a long time ago.

I just presumed you went even further back, perhaps to the austerity of the War years, and had simply never felt inclined to step out into the sunshine.

Personally I don't give a shit if the trust exists or not.

If they do then fine, they might do something worthwhile for the fans. Might only be one thing in three years but it's better than nothing. I understand the criticism they get for some of the things they do, but I don't understand why does it bother people so much though.

The vitriol they receive amazes me. It seems completely ridiculous, so what if they achieve nothing. None of their critics on here are members so they won't be losing any money. So what if a few people get a couple of free tickets and a programme.

I think alot of the abuse is down to a bit of jealousy. Fans who see the position has a great opportunity and are probably frustrated at what they perceive as a wasted opportunity, and would love to see big ideas put into action and a better job done.

I think alot of the abuse is down to a bit of jealousy. Fans who see the position has a great opportunity and are probably frustrated at what they perceive as a wasted opportunity, and would love to see big ideas put into action and a better job done.

That's fair enough and I can understand that, but if they can do a better job then do something about it. It's just all mouth and no trousers.

Archived