Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Best Loan Signing

I think Lupoli went to Derby and the 3rd player was Muamba. You are right that maybe they were heard of but Im sure not held as high regard. If we stick to Arsenal for examples of loans out that could have come to us in recent times and you see that some have made it and some havent. The thing is we never seem to take the chance. (BTW some loans prove more than just that as players like Larsson is coming to the end of his contract at Arsenal and now looks set to sign for Birmingham on a Bosman and Lupoli is coming to the end of his deal but doesnt fancy Derby, but who does?? :D )

Lupoli - Derby

Stokes - Falkirk

Larrson, Muamba, Bendtner - Birmingham

Alliadiare - Wolves and Celtic

Justin Hoyte - Sunderland

Mathew Connolly - Bournemouth

Kerrea Gilbert - Cardiff City

I cant think of anymore. Surely the clubs on the recieving end arent bigger than us?? (with exception to Celtic)

Its not just about this season BTW! We never seem to get many loanees in!!

Levein didn't like loaning players, and RK hasn't had enough cash thats why it may seem like that recently. But yes your right we don't historically loan alot of players, just the way it is.

His kicking was crap

GERRY DALY

Instrumental in getting us promoted in the early 80s, if I remember correctly we had the option to buy him and didn't to our regret?

Cambell was good but Daly's the best for me.

Muzzy was the best loanee we had ever, end of. FACT.

Izzet was class no doubt but his best years happened after he signed for us (was it £700k from Chelsea Reserves!??). Good shout there though.

It does prove the value of loan players as some could end up being permanent deals. The risk is taking a player from zero to hero (like Falkirk have just done with Stokes) and hiking his price up but you see players turn up to a club on loan they probably didnt want to join, have a look around, do well and then want to stay on permantely.

Leicester is the hidden jewel and we must get them in on loan "as once you go Leicester there is nothing better" (PMSL apologies in advance for that one :whistle: )

At the same time as Kevin Campbell we had a Surs player here- Moran?? He was good as well.

Yeah Paul Moran. I mentioned that there partnership at the time was quality for the club. He didnt go on and reach the heights unfortunately.

A strange one was Alan Smith were he agreed to sign for Arsenal as long as they would agree to lend him back to us for the rest of the season to try and keep us up. There was never any lack of effort from him to keep us up.

Good one :thumbup:

and a good move for us at the time

Colin Gordon had a very productive loan spell for us in the 1991/92 season. Think he scored about6 goals in 6 games for us?

I'm by no means a stato but, didn't Little sign him at the end of pre season from Brum

Remember him saying he brought him in to shake the players up who thought the squad was sorted after the pre season prep

Something daft like introducing him before the first game

now an agent of repute!!

(time to get the 'starting the wave book out the garage)

I'm by no means a stato but, didn't Little sign him at the end of pre season from Brum

Remember him saying he brought him in to shake the players up who thought the squad was sorted after the pre season prep

Something daft like introducing him before the first game

now an agent of repute!!

(time to get the 'starting the wave book out the garage)

I think he got him towards the end of a season? I can't quite remember. But i'm sure it was only on loan for a short time? I was only about 10 at the time!

Laurie Cunningham

not the best for us but a quality player, bizarre when we got him

Man Utd

Real Madrid

West Brom (when good)

Wimbledon II

First black player to play in a COMPETITIVE England game

Played 15 times for us without scoring

Killed in a car crash in Madrid

Laurie Cunningham

Personal information

Full name Laurence Paul Cunningham