Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wils

Colchester Player Ratings

Hendo 7 - Couple of decent punches just one bad kick

Maybury 7 - First thing i said to my dad was ffs Maybury at left back, but he looked comfortable today apart from one time the Colc player knew he didnt want to use his left foot and snatched it off him

Paddy M 6 - Looked the weak link in defence and another stupid booking, however made aocuple of good blocks

Paddy K 8 - Reassured as ever dont think he put a foot wrong

McAuley 8 - Good run and a shot from a defender on target! Loks an excellent passer and should be 2nd choice CB

Hughes 8 - Most effort ifve seen him put in, looked fearless (cept for wimping out of one tackle) which 6 months ago would have seemed alien when talking about hughes

Tiatto 7 - Nice controlled aggression for once (in the main) some nice interchanges

Williams 7 - Actually hassled and harried, shows glimpses of class and seems to give create time for himself on the ball. Like hughes couple of excellent passes

Levi 7

Fryatt 8 - much better, looked like he was fighting for his place - chasing down and being awkward. some excellent hold up play

Hume 8 - as ever 100% committed some nice touches and a good finish. probably MOTM

I didnt go so cant rate them, even though the radio commentators gave us plenty lol!

Is todays team our best 11 then? It must be close? I think if R Kelly tries to keep a settle side now we could kick on.

I haven't seen so much Lcfc games this season but one thing that I really don't know very well is that when Patrick McCarthy has turned into a shit player ?

I think the problem was that we needed a player who showed a bit of passion so badly, that when paddy came along he was very well received and some people (myself included) overlooked his shortcomings - lack of pace, rash, not that strong in the air for a CB etc

Hendo 7

Maybury 6

McCarthy 7

Kisnorbo 7

McAuley 7 - What we've come to expect of him now

Levi 7 - Took his time getting into the game but was big threat 2nd half

Williams 8 - Great range of passing got stuck in aswell

Tiatto 6 - Early booking limited him to getting too stuck in

Hughes 6

Fryatt 8 motm :thumbup:

Huuuume 7

The strikers were looking like their old selves of last season in 1st half but inevatibaly began to tire 2nd, but against a tall colchester back lines they caused numerous problems :thumbup:

Erm... I didn't see it in quite the same way.

Williams and Hughes missing for most of the match... Levi outclassed and outplayed (admittedly by a good player) and Fryatt doing little of note.

I'd go 4/5 for Williams/Hughes/Fryatt/McCarthy.

6s for most others.

7 for Kisnorbo/McAuley/Maybury.

Erm... I didn't see it in quite the same way.

Williams and Hughes missing for most of the match... Levi outclassed and outplayed (admittedly by a good player) and Fryatt doing little of note.

I'd go 4/5 for Williams/Hughes/Fryatt/McCarthy.

6s for most others.

7 for Kisnorbo/McAuley/Maybury.

That's the second time that Porter has been marked out of the entire game by Halford. Great player he is, I wish Stearman could re-find his form from last season as Halford and Stearman are very similar players. Just one is fulfilling his potential and the other isn't at the minute.

That's the second time that Porter has been marked out of the entire game by Halford. Great player he is, I wish Stearman could re-find his form from last season as Halford and Stearman are very similar players. Just one is fulfilling his potential and the other isn't at the minute.

halford could easily have as difficult a second full season in this league as stearman is having

Ummmm. Not saying he's wrong but TPH can be quite reactionary and listening on the radio (not necessarily a good guide I admit) Levi seemed to be quite well involved and to present a few chances to people.

General consensus seems to suggest he was worth about 6.5 and to be one of the few to pose a threat second half.

Not quite the same as being outclassed and outplayed although probably below his recent standards.

Remember TPH also described Fryatt as doing "little of note" and, again, while there is sure to be some basis for that opinion, it is hard to equate it with the vast majority who seemed to have Fryatt as MoM or close to it.

From a distance I would find it hard to rate a main striker at the level of 8 points or thereabouts on a day when he didn't score.

But he did make our only goal, which did mean we got a point. A pity he didn't convert any of the two or three chances Levi presented him with, according to commentary.

Then they'd both have more to be pleased about.

As would TPH.

Henderson 7- Did what was needed

McAuley 7- Im suprised how well he is doing at right back

McCarthy 7- Personally i didn't think he had a bad game (seen him play much worse)

Kisnorbo 8- Big rock at the back again

Maybury 7- What a man he is

Hughes 6- Played well in 1st not as good in 2nd

Tiatto 8- Im becoming to like this man a lot now in cm, worked his socks off

Williams 7- Thought he worked well with humey and fryatt

Porter 7- An average game but still a threat

Hume 8- Played well, bout time to Humey

Fryatt 9- Worked his socks off and was back to his old self .

Ummmm. Not saying he's wrong but TPH can be quite reactionary and listening on the radio (not necessarily a good guide I admit) Levi seemed to be quite well involved and to present a few chances to people.

General consensus seems to suggest he was worth about 6.5 and to be one of the few to pose a threat second half.

Not quite the same as being outclassed and outplayed although probably below his recent standards.

Remember TPH also described Fryatt as doing "little of note" and, again, while there is sure to be some basis for that opinion, it is hard to equate it with the vast majority who seemed to have Fryatt as MoM or close to it.

From a distance I would find it hard to rate a main striker at the level of 8 points or thereabouts on a day when he didn't score.

But he did make our only goal, which did mean we got a point. A pity he didn't convert any of the two or three chances Levi presented him with, according to commentary.

Then they'd both have more to be pleased about.

As would TPH.

Appreciate what you're saying here... and I feel you may have taken my comments as a slight against LP... they weren't. Halford had a good game and LP just doesn't have enough about him to worry a pacy defender with the quality Halford has. Porter wasn't TOTALLY ineffective... and I'd rate him as about 6/10 but he just didn't seem to have any other ideas after he realised that Halford could match him for pace and is technically a superior player.

As for Fryatt, if that performance is worth an 8... well, shows how far some of your expectations have sunk.

Appreciate what you're saying here... and I feel you may have taken my comments as a slight against LP... they weren't. Halford had a good game and LP just doesn't have enough about him to worry a pacy defender with the quality Halford has. Porter wasn't TOTALLY ineffective... and I'd rate him as about 6/10 but he just didn't seem to have any other ideas after he realised that Halford could match him for pace and is technically a superior player.

As for Fryatt, if that performance is worth an 8... well, shows how far some of your expectations have sunk.

fryatt caused occasional problems with decent movement and positioning but overall he lacked sharpness and confidence.

fryatt caused occasional problems with decent movement and positioning but overall he lacked sharpness and confidence.

Fair assessment I'd say.

Although for a performance so lacking in any cutting edge/end product, I'd err towards a 5.

A lot of this comes down to the fact though that half the people on here award a 6/7 for an average performace...

:whistle:

Not that it matters of course.

Fair assessment I'd say.

Although for a performance so lacking in any cutting edge/end product, I'd err towards a 5.

A lot of this comes down to the fact though that half the people on here award a 6/7 for an average performace...

:whistle:

Not that it matters of course.

Maybe Fryatt's rating is relative to his previous efforts? :ph34r:

You might have something there.

That and the fact that so many fans really want him to do well and be back to his best.

It wouldn't be hard for a little objectivity to be lost.

In the end, even Hume seems to have missed some relatively easy shots...and TPH is right, fans expectations have sunk.

Archived