Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Did we know..

Momo was this strange/cool?

MOMO'S A BIG FAN OF CITY MAN

By Hugh Keevins

MOMO SYLLA will make his Kilmarnock debut against Hibs tonight after a spell at Leicester City that was heaven off the park and hell on it.

The man who spent four years at Celtic and played in the Champions League under Martin O'Neill couldn't cope with the kick and rush of the Championship but found a level of support among the fans so unique that he wants to take one of them home with him to Africa in the summer to meet his family.

The 29-year-old said: "His name is Martin and he came to see me every day at training in good times or bad at Leicester.

"At Christmas Martin even came to the training ground with presents for myself, my girlfriend Julie, and our son Kai.

"I knew Martin was unemployed so I was deeply touched by the gesture. He wasn't one of those supporters who shakes you by the hand and then walks away.

"We talked a lot and I want to bring him up to see Kilmarnock before I pay for him to go to Africa with us for a holiday.

"He doesn't believe I'll take him on the trip but Martin was helpful to me in the bad times."

Craig Levein signed Sylla from Celtic but when the manager left Leicester the player tried to get out of his contract and return to his adopted city of Glasgow.

Sylla said: "I believe all experiences in life are good and always try to remember there are people who have lives much harder than being a footballer.

"But everything changed when Craig left Leicester. When I heard Kilmarnock wanted me I was delighted. I missed Glasgow, even the terrible weather, and my son wanted to see his granny on a regular basis once again."

Now Sylla's looking forward to playing against Celtic in the SPL even though he admits the last time he faced his former team-mates he couldn't get through the game without laughing.

He said: "I couldn't get used to the idea I was in a different coloured strip from them. It was a friendly at Leicester and I gave all of them a cuddle before the game. Then the laughter started.

"I keep in touch with Celtic's progress but when I was asked to sign for Kilmarnock it gave me the same warm feeling I had when I left St Johnstone to agree terms with Martin O'Neill."

Killie boss Jim Jefferies sees Sylla as a man for all causes, depending on what's required.

He said: "He covers wide areas of the park. He can play full-back on either side and operate in midfield as well. Basically, he's a good player and gives me cover for four or five positions."

Killie's priority now is to sign a defender after a weekend on a scouting mission. Injuries to David Lilley and Gordon Greer have increased the need to bring in fresh blood.

Central defender Fraser Wright is also doubtful for tonight's game.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/footbal...-name_page.html

:dunno:

Maybe it's just me, but my favourite part of the article is his reaction to playing Celtic: "I couldn't get used to the idea I was in a different coloured strip from them. It was a friendly at Leicester and I gave all of them a cuddle before the game. Then the laughter started." :D

Maybe it's just me, but my favourite part of the article is his reaction to playing Celtic: "I couldn't get used to the idea I was in a different coloured strip from them. It was a friendly at Leicester and I gave all of them a cuddle before the game. Then the laughter started." :D

Ironically I still think that was Sylla's best game for Leicester. He never put in another performance as good as that. I seem to recall some ridiculous bit of skill he did out on the wing against Celtic, I really thought we'd got a player who meant business. How silly of me.

Ironically Typically I still think that was Sylla's best game for Leicester. He never put in another performance as good as that. I seem to recall some ridiculous bit of skill he did out on the wing against Celtic, I really thought we'd got a player who meant business. How silly of me.

like everyone else.... flatter to decieve :rolleyes:

Ironically I still think that was Sylla's best game for Leicester. He never put in another performance as good as that. I seem to recall some ridiculous bit of skill he did out on the wing against Celtic, I really thought we'd got a player who meant business. How silly of me.

Same here i remeber every getting quite exicited by him. Also he had a good game against Ipswich when it finished 0-0. But after that he didn't really do much.

Ha ha unemployed getting a free holiday and i bet he got loads of free tickets.

Momo is not even cool/strange he's gullable this martin just took the mick one day and momo thought he was genuine so he jumped on the fact sylla has money.What would an unemployed bloke buy a rich footballer for christmas a tangerine lol

I think it's pretty cool on Momo's side makes sound like a pretty decent bloke to be fair!!! Good on him is all I can say!!

as for this Martin...

unemployed for 2 seasons I hope he isn't claiming he is fit and ready to work else he might be getting a letter from the social

I think it's pretty cool on Momo's side makes sound like a pretty decent bloke to be fair!!! Good on him is all I can say!!

Absofrickenlutely.

I liked Momo...anyone that could run forward while making it look like Michael Jackson moonwalking backwards had a skill that was deserving of recognition - but that is just niceness. :)

Archived