Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Matt Holland

I'd take him anyday. Half decent at Prem level will be fine for where Leicester are at at the moment. Who else are we gonna get at the moment? No-one.

But it is not a matter of collecting footballers Louis. We've done enough of that. It's about getting the right players to mend the weaknesses in our team.

Some Matt Holland stats... http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/500...0000011073.html

I know he is 33 in a couple of months but at least it seems that he has kept his energy and industry and father time hasnt had that much effect on him. I think we have to be realistic and aim to get players who would be competitive enough to take us out of this division and then move them on once we get to the Premier. Holland is a much better all round central midfield option than whats available at present but he isnt going to turn the club around by himself!

Get him in, it`ll be a good start on incoming players but £500k would be wasteful. I hope we dont pay more than a couple of hundred grand for the lad....

But it is not a matter of collecting footballers Louis. We've done enough of that. It's about getting the right players to mend the weaknesses in our team.

Meaning 'The money would be better spent on a right winger' or meaning 'Why pay for Holland when we have the mighty King'? :P

I can see a point for us not wasting our money on him when he's not tons better than what he have at the moment and that we have more pressing concerns, but I've nothing in the slightest against signing him.

If we ship Johnson out, Holland would be a good replacement.

Johnson is no use to us. His supposed experience is worthless.

Holland, though, could probably do a job for us. He'd surely improve the current squad if we got shot of Johnson or never played him ever again.

Think he would be a good signing for the club. He will give us that little bit extra, and he is a great leader. Think he would be good for our team in the longer run for players like king to look at holands game and see what he can learn.

Meaning 'The money would be better spent on a right winger' or meaning 'Why pay for Holland when we have the mighty King'? :P

I can see a point for us not wasting our money on him when he's not tons better than what he have at the moment and that we have more pressing concerns, but I've nothing in the slightest against signing him.

This has nothing directly to do with Andy King - so long as any signing is better than our Academy youngster.

But it is funny that the only sneering at King seems to come from people who haven't hardly seen him play or not seen him at all.

But then it is exactly the same with Dodds and was the same with Porter and Logan.

I've seen Holland play several times and don't need convincing that he's a decent player. But at nearly 33 he's getting past his best. At don't see how he's likely to take us forward.

Five years ago I'd have been excited.

This has nothing directly to do with Andy King - so long as any signing is better than our Academy youngster.

But it is funny that the only sneering at King seems to come from people who haven't hardly seen him play or not seen him at all.

But then it is exactly the same with Dodds and was the same with Porter and Logan.

I've seen Holland play several times and don't need convincing that he's a decent player. But at nearly 33 he's getting past his best. At don't see how he's likely to take us forward.

The King bit was a throwaway remark. Even if you're right and he is better than some of our first teamers, it's pretty clear RK isn't gonna throw him in.

Define 'take us forward'. Because if he can provide us with two seasons of football even slightly better than the inconsistant dross Williams and Hughes are providing the signing seems perfectly sensible, too me, even if we do have more pressing weaknesses.

The King bit was a throwaway remark. Even if you're right and he is better than some of our first teamers, it's pretty clear RK isn't gonna throw him in.

Define 'take us forward'. Because if he can provide us with two seasons of football even slightly better than the inconsistant dross Williams and Hughes are providing the signing seems perfectly sensible, too me, even if we do have more pressing weaknesses.

If he could provide us with just half a season of football at a consistent level he'd be taking us forward! :P

If we ship Johnson out, Holland would be a good replacement.

Johnson is no use to us. His supposed experience is worthless.

Holland, though, could probably do a job for us. He'd surely improve the current squad if we got shot of Johnson or never played him ever again.

Mark my words he'll take Dodds place on the bench

Williams too needs a lot more games. I do think he is much better than Hughes, though the latter has given decent alternating performances recently

has any body actually thought what holland is on as i bet he is about 18k minimum.i doubt we can afford that and he will not come for less than a two year contract.

From what friends at Pompey tell me tho when Milan first came in there, the main thing he did at first was to make money available for wages to get players in before giving much of a transfer kitty.

Im not saying we would be able to afford massive wages all of a sudden (unlike some who think MM is going to give us Chelsea like money) but he would be expecting to take a pay cut if he came to the Championship. Im sure we could afford somewhere around 10-12k with a bit of help from MM.

All of the above said, who would be a better centre midfield in the Fizzy? Moreover I think he would be good for the likes of Weso, King and indeed Williams and Hughes to play alongside. ;):thumbup:

as a city fan i love to see home grown youngsters come through the ranks but i feel your over hyping of king leads to other members on here sneering at king just to p,iss you off , the exact same thing happened with sheehan , then he plays against crewe had his pants whipped down got sent off and rather than trying to build the lad up people were happy to lash him , again it was just to wind you up and you leave yourself open to it. i ve saw king 4 or 5 times and he looks a real talent , i just hope fans give him time rather than telling u u were wrong .

as for his selection , cream rises to the top . porter , logan , stearman have all been given the chance over last 2 years and if king is good enough he will play

Archived