Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Matt Holland

Charlton fans on five live and such always say that he is their best player week in week out. Doubt Charlton will let him go, but if we do he'd be a really decent signing.

Yeah but like the FT say with Milan coming in we can be held to ransom over transfer fee's now :rolleyes:lol

Yeah but like the FT say with Milan coming in we can be held to ransom over transfer fee's now :rolleyes:lol

Charlton aren't exactly skint. If they sell Bent then we won't have a cats in hells chance in getting him.

How much of his contract is left? They may be looking to cash in.

Just because Pardew has been playing him doesnt mean that he rates him. He may feel he could get better in with the money. He has already criticised the squad at his disposal.

I think Holland will be a very effective player in the Championship and the type of player that could with a few other additions lauch us on a promotion campaign next season.

I think that Holland has always had quality that is on the cusp of the Premiership. He did well at Ipswich in the Prem and had a good couple of seasons for both Ireland and Charlton.

At 32 he doesnt have the ability to keep Charlton up running the engine room. Pardew knows that. despite this if we pull the transfer off its a sign that leicester are back amongst the bigger Championship clubs when it comes to attracting established players.

In fact, I've recommended the following as up and comings to various managers (Pleat, O'Neill, Adams etc)

Jamie Redknapp (when he was 16 before he broke into the 1st team at Bournemouth)

Marcus Stewart (when he was at Bristol Rovers)

Matt Holland (see previous post)

Wade Elliott (when he was at Bournemouth)

Kevin Davies (when he was 17 at Chesterfield)

I should be on the scouting staff. lol

would be a magnificent signing there must be some truth in it as its got around so many sites, also mandaric told some one (cant remember who) he already had 4 players lined up for when he takes over. i really think this could be true and could be key to a promotion push next season giving us that creativity that we have lacked

500k sounds a bit high for us - even with Mandy's Millions. :ph34r:

Still, if he comes in and does a better job than the midfield status quo, I won't complain about the price. :whistle:

Come on, we could afford 50 Matt Hollands with Mandy's money, Bill says so!

This is the sort of experienced player we need. I'd be surprised if he couldn't improve our midfield.

Mixed views about him on the Charlton forum, some say he's still got the legs for the premiership, some say he hasn't. Could he be another Andy Johnson? I hope not.

would be a magnificent signing there must be some truth in it as its got around so many sites, also mandaric told some one (cant remember who) he already had 4 players lined up for when he takes over. i really think this could be true and could be key to a promotion push next season giving us that creativity that we have lacked

Question is: Who could the other three be?

Question is: Who could the other three be?

I would hazard a guess that at least one of them will be from Portsmouth. I'd love to see Richard Hughes here. If the Holland deal is bollocks, then Hughes would be ideal for the midfield general's role.

I'd like to see Mandaric use his contacts and spending power to get Gary O'Connor from Russia, went there from Hibs last season.

I would hazard a guess that at least one of them will be from Portsmouth. I'd love to see Richard Hughes here. If the Holland deal is bollocks, then Hughes would be ideal for the midfield general's role.

I'd like to see Mandaric use his contacts and spending power to get Gary O'Connor from Russia, went there from Hibs last season.

O'Connor is at Lokomotiv Moskva at the moment.

I just looked up his records with Hibs. 46 goals in 115 appearances. Not bad.

He's exactly the sort of player we need at the club at the minute.

Got bags of experience, and still got bags of quality as well.

Fantastic News if true, and a big thumbs up to whoevers behind it, i.e RK or MM.

I think he'll really be able to help our youngesters progress further.

Lets just hope it is true.

Archived