Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

LCFC past/present strike partnership

If you had the choice to pick any of these as your current strike partnership at City, who would you go for?

Nothing serious, just interested to see who people think would work well together and how ex-players rate up against current favourites.

Weird, I did a poll and it hasn't come through. I'll try and fixamejig it.

Fock it.

Choose any two from;

Fryatt, Hume, Dickov, Connolly, Heskey and Akinbiyi.

non of them

Gary and Smudge, i here you ask who

Ha. You've got to keep it fairly recent for the youth team on here. Besides, otherwise Thracian'll go for Arthur Rowley, Jimmy Dumbell, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub - of course in those days you didn't fanny around with 4-4-2, it were proper football and you could play five up front and all the games ended six-all.

:P

If you had the choice to pick any of these as your current strike partnership at City, who would you go for?

Nothing serious, just interested to see who people think would work well together and how ex-players rate up against current favourites.

Weird, I did a poll and it hasn't come through. I'll try and fixamejig it.

Fock it.

Choose any two from;

Fryatt, Hume, Dickov, Connolly, Heskey and Akinbiyi.

Connolly *

You need a 20 plus goal scorer to get out of this division

Nice to dream innit.

I'd probably go for Heskey and Dickov. As much as I like Hume, Dickov was/is a far better finisher with an equally impressive workrate.

Heskey - pace and power. People perhaps also let it slip their minds that he only played half a season at this level really. Ripped it up completely then destroyed some top Premiership defences over the next three years or so. Not the greatest first touch in the world and found out at the highest level but we were lucky to have a player like him - and he was lucky to have O'Neill to bring the best out of him.

Heskey and Dickov. Although there is ill feeling towards Dickov by some, it should be remembered that he was top quality for us during the time he was here.

Me for one. Still don't like him for the way he left us, but i agree he was quality for us while he was here.

Archived