Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

LCFC past/present strike partnership

Dickov was a good striker when he was here. Defenders were always in for a difficult afternoon when facing him despite his lack of height - and they knew it. He never gave up and chased everything down. Reminds me a lot of Hume actually (bearing in mind I am tired at this stage).

Dickov is more a clinical finisher, whereas Hume has more skill, technique and class to his game.

Was saying it in reference to the way the both hassle defenders and never give them an easy ride despite giving up a distinct height advantage to most.

how can we have Heskey in but no Stanley Victor as an option that match against Sunderland was for me the start and end of what could have been an awesome pairing!!

as for big man small man Tony Cottee was 3times the player and goalscorer Dickov was I know I have not really played the game here but nevermind eh!

If you had the choice to pick any of these as your current strike partnership at City, who would you go for?

Nothing serious, just interested to see who people think would work well together and how ex-players rate up against current favourites.

Weird, I did a poll and it hasn't come through. I'll try and fixamejig it.

Fock it.

Choose any two from;

Fryatt, Hume, Dickov, Connolly, Heskey and Akinbiyi.

Dickov and Connolly.

how can we have Heskey in but no Stanley Victor as an option that match against Sunderland was for me the start and end of what could have been an awesome pairing!!

as for big man small man Tony Cottee was 3times the player and goalscorer Dickov was I know I have not really played the game here but nevermind eh!

If I'm chosing from the list then Dickov & Connolly

If who I can Remember then Steve Claridge & Steve Walsh

Heskey and Hume.

The good old big man/small man partnership would work if both players were at theer peak. Watching Heskey batter opponents down the years, especially in a City shirt was great and its more pleasing that he hasnt been the same player since. Hume would benefit from him winning the knockdowns.

Archived