Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Luigi Glombard

Rob Kelly completed his third transfer of the day when he confirmed the capture of French forward Luigi Glombard, subject to FL paperwork approval.

The Cardiff City winger joins the Foxes for an initial one-month loan period, and will be available for Saturday's Championship encounter against Luton Town at the Walkers Stadium.

Glombard made the move to the highflying Bluebirds from Nantes at the start of the 2006-07 campaign, and has made seven appearances for Dave Jones' side to date.

The 22-year-old forward has represented his country at youth level, and made a total of 11 starts for Nantes before making the move to Wales.

City boss Rob Kelly said: "Luigi has decent pace and likes to get at people.

"He can play across the front positions, but we see him operating as a winger for us.

"He's been at Cardiff for six months now and knows what the Championship is all about.

"If he does well and it works out for both parties then there is a chance that the deal could be extended."

The player has been allocated the number 16 shirt.

O.S.

Rob Kelly completed his third transfer of the day when he confirmed the capture of French forward Luigi Glombard, subject to FL paperwork approval.

The Cardiff City winger joins the Foxes for an initial one-month loan period, and will be available for Saturday's Championship encounter against Luton Town at the Walkers Stadium.

Glombard made the move to the highflying Bluebirds from Nantes at the start of the 2006-07 campaign, and has made seven appearances for Dave Jones' side to date.

The 22-year-old forward has represented his country at youth level, and made a total of 11 starts for Nantes before making the move to Wales.

City boss Rob Kelly said: "Luigi has decent pace and likes to get at people.

"He can play across the front positions, but we see him operating as a winger for us.

"He's been at Cardiff for six months now and knows what the Championship is all about.

"If he does well and it works out for both parties then there is a chance that the deal could be extended."

The player has been allocated the number 16 shirt.

O.S.

Now then, this sounds better. :)

:w00t:

sounds interesting, i wonder what the cardiff fans think of him.

all we need now is a CM. 4 players would be unlikely though i suppose.

Well I've asked on a Cardiff forum. I'll let everyone know on responses...

He can't be that good if they've let us have him :dunno:

So is that goodbye Levi :dunno:

Perhaps he'll move Levi into the middle to be the creative partner. Or perhaps he's broadening his horizons and using a 4-3-3

Hughes --Weso --Porter

-------------Hume -----------------------------------Glombard/Yeates

Horsefield/Fryatt

Three loan signings and some money in for an underperforming player. Two 22-year-olds and one old timer...

I can't see how we'll be much worse off - except for being concerned about who these guys will keep out if they do not represent a genuine improvement.

We might have missed Williams skills if he'd shown any signs of using them with any effect, but he hasn't really.

So, presumably, we've got a bit of money in the bank, potentially a bit more to come, have not really lost an asset because his contract was ending anyway and have two players who might improve, plus one other for, I imagine, about the same wages as Williams was on just by himself.

I just hope we've not bought three duffers.

Archived