Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foss1884

Be part of the vocal Blue and White Army!

If it takes off, it takes off. The Kop is dead anyway and you can never hear L1 sing unless there's a minutes silence taking place. The stadium has appalling acoustics and sadly unless almost every single fan is prepared to sing then the atmosphere will always be crap. A controversial penalty or sending off helps, but McCarthy can't do it all on his own.

I can seeing this being a waste of time, but i'd love to be proven wrong.

The only way the atmosphere will improve is if our team starts winning and we're near the top of the league, or the club permanently ejects fans for not singing.

Classic Flair, that.

Classic.

Well the kop is quality when it gets going imo, maybe if the songs choices were chosen apropreatly and timed better and not sung for the sake of singing then maybe it people may join in a bit more.

If your telling me a 800 fan singing next time the family stand is better than one in the kop your lying.

Any way best of luck to you all but I'll be staying where I am.

It will work, but then again you cannot criticise as you never bothered to make it happen. The only times The Kop has ever been anywhere near loud is during cup games. I am not deluding myself and nor are the club about the atmospehere at the ground. They cannot make people sing, but they can support those that want to make a difference for the better. We need to move forawrd and not just persist with the whole issue. If you do not bother making changes, we cannot gripe in future about the atmosphere. But i, for one, along with many others are upping sticks and trying something new.

It will work, but then again you cannot criticise as you never bothered to make it happen.

Errr.. that's not true.

Can I not criticise a rapist unless I catch him in the act and stop him and then make sure he gets sent down for life?

Can I not criticise Elvis Hammond who gets paid a fortune and is quite simply shit at his job just because I wouldn't be any better?

Are you in fact an idiot?

Its actually the Marks Electrical dishwasher and tumble drier stand now.!

So when the fans start sings Who the F**K, Who the F**K,Who the F**K in hell are you? to the away support from N1 do you think this might actually alienate the family supporters in the BMI 'nottingham east midlands' no longer stand? :dunno:

It will work, but then again you cannot criticise as you never bothered to make it happen. The only times The Kop has ever been anywhere near loud is during cup games. I am not deluding myself and nor are the club about the atmospehere at the ground. They cannot make people sing, but they can support those that want to make a difference for the better. We need to move forawrd and not just persist with the whole issue. If you do not bother making changes, we cannot gripe in future about the atmosphere. But i, for one, along with many others are upping sticks and trying something new.

I can, and I will just because I didn't make it happen doesn't mean I can't critisise it. The Kop is around what 4000? 5000? maybe more strong? you moving to a 800 seating area, how load do you think your going to be? not load enough to make a differnce I will tell you that for free. We're going to have 1,600 city fans either side of a 3000 away fans being out sung for 90 minutes and Kop thats even more dead than before.

Nice speech but it doesn't address the problem, your in the wrong part of the ground.

Errr.. that's not true.

Can I not criticise a rapist unless I catch him in the act and stop him and then make sure he gets sent down for life?

Can I not criticise Elvis Hammond who gets paid a fortune and is quite simply shit at his job just because I wouldn't be any better?

Are you in fact an idiot?

It is far easier to criticise and make passind comments on a computer than spending three weeks in careful dialogue with the football club, arranging a meeting and then spending two hours talking about pressing issues arising from the idea. You are right, you can criticise, but bear in mind, you are no philosopher for doing so. I, and many others, acted in good faith and with the best interest of supporters. The club are fully endorsing the proposal and we are delighted. Fans need not convincing if they have the best interests of the football club at heart. I do not criticise. I act if i am unhappy rather than spout meaningless words. Words do not change things, actions do.

It is far easier to criticise and make passind comments on a computer than spending three weeks in careful dialogue with the football club, arranging a meeting and then spending two hours talking about pressing issues arising from the idea. You are right, you can criticise, but bear in mind, you are no philosopher for doing so. I, and many others, acted in good faith and with the best interest of supporters. The club are fully endorsing the proposal and we are delighted. Fans need not convincing if they have the best interests of the football club at heart. I do not criticise. I act if i am unhappy rather than spout meaningless words. Words do not change things, actions do.

I'm not saying which is easier am I?

I'm saying of course I have a right to criticise, which you have now admitted.

i think having it in the family stand is great for the kids. Did anyone hear the family stand at the barnsley game doing the du du du du du du du du du leicester it was class it was louder then the kop and L1 put together.

I can, and I will just because I didn't make it happen doesn't mean I can't critisise it. The Kop is around what 4000? 5000? maybe more strong? you moving to a 800 seating area, how load do you think your going to be? not load enough to make a differnce I will tell you that for free. We're going to have 1,600 city fans either side of a 3000 away fans being out sung for 90 minutes and Kop thats even more dead than before.

Nice speech but it doesn't address the problem, your in the wrong part of the ground.

A speech requires just words, i have along with others acted as well. If you think a hardcore of 800 fans cannot make a difference then you certainly do not see what i see at The Walkers regualrly. A good away following of the same number makes a lot of noise, in fact all away supporters regardless of numbers make plenty of noise! To dismiss the idea is to say that whatever Leicester City fans are capable of is very little. That is a sad state of affairs.

We have acted as we are sick of the moaning, whinging, griping and general cynicism. We were unhappy so we did something about it! It accomplishes nothing to just ridicule. To put the idea into contect, SK1 and SK2 comprised of 800 fans at Filbert Street and made good noise. The Kop at The Walkers actually houses 7500 supporters and yet sounds more like a mortuary. It should be loud, but unfortunately it is not and we are having this very conversation. I would love The Kop to be noisy. It would have saved me from going to all this effort and bother. But, as a true supporter i am trying to change things. People always resist change as they fear the outcome, but it is the way forward.

foss1884 i'm interested in hearing your response re the fact that you are in a 800 seat area compared to potentially 3000 away fans and 4-5k in the kop...?

as you may have seen from previous posts i support the idea but share these concerns...

EDIT - just saw your response after posting this..

A speech requires just words, i have along with others acted as well. If you think a hardcore of 800 fans cannot make a difference then you certainly do not see what i see at The Walkers regualrly. A good away following of the same number makes a lot of noise, in fact all away supporters regardless of numbers make plenty of noise! To dismiss the idea is to say that whatever Leicester City fans are capable of is very little. That is a sad state of affairs.

We have acted as we are sick of the moaning, whinging, griping and general cynicism. We were unhappy so we did something about it! It accomplishes nothing to just ridicule. To put the idea into contect, SK1 and SK2 comprised of 800 fans at Filbert Street and made good noise. The Kop at The Walkers actually houses 7500 supporters and yet sounds more like a mortuary. It should be loud, but unfortunately it is not and we are having this very conversation. I would love The Kop to be noisy. It would have saved me from going to all this effort and bother. But, as a true supporter i am trying to change things. People always resist change as they fear the outcome, but it is the way forward.

SK1 and SK2 we're 800 strong but the noise spread throught the double deacker and the whole stand joined in, which is exactly why this group should be in the kop.

I don't wish to argue with you about this but the group would be better in the kop and thats something you've not even argued with, no matter how bad it is it would be better than being next to the family stand for numerous reasons.

I apperciate the effort you put in and I think it's good you've tried to change things I just think it's sad the club have decided to take this course of action with a group that had potential, now it will become (IMO) and another inaudioable part of the ground that will be outsung by a away following twice it's size. I hope it works for you but I just don't thik it will.

SK1 and SK2 we're 800 strong but the noise spread throught the double deacker and the whole stand joined in, which is exactly why this group should be in the kop.

I don't wish to argue with you about this but the group would be better in the kop and thats something you've not even argued with, no matter how bad it is it would be better than being next to the family stand for numerous reasons.

I apperciate the effort you put in and I think it's good you've tried to change things I just think it's sad the club have decided to take this course of action with a group that had potential, now it will become (IMO) and another inaudioable part of the ground that will be outsung by a away following twice it's size. I hope it works for you but I just don't thik it will.

The main reason why a singing section cannot be implemented in The Kop is a very practical one. Where? The Kop has around 4500 season ticket holders fairly spread out throughout the stand. The sad state of affairs is you cannot create a singing section in an area that has season ticket holders that have sat there for the past few seasons and may resist the idea. There is no feasible way of concentrating singers in The Kop.

It would then turn into an argument of come over to E2 or come over to D2. Supporters no where the singers are so why do they not move? The more pressing reason is no large number of vacant seats and The Kop has had its supporter base infiltrated by families who resist singing. The club accept this. We accept this. The fact of the matter is other alternatives have to be pursued. The other matter is banter. There is no real banter at The Walkers. We want to restore that and I understand your concerns. We have looked at the options and so have the club. This idea would not have been accepted if all options were no interrogated in great detail.

The main reason why a singing section cannot be implemented in The Kop is a very practical one. Where? The Kop has around 4500 season ticket holders fairly spread out throughout the stand. The sad state of affairs is you cannot create a singing section in an area that has season ticket holders that have sat there for the past few seasons and may resist the idea. There is no feasible way of concentrating singers in The Kop.

It would then turn into an argument of come over to E2 or come over to D2. Supporters no where the singers are so why do they not move? The more pressing reason is no large number of vacant seats and The Kop has had its supporter base infiltrated by families who resist singing. The club accept this. We accept this. The fact of the matter is other alternatives have to be pursued. The other matter is banter. There is no real banter at The Walkers. We want to restore that and I understand your concerns. We have looked at the options and so have the club. This idea would not have been accepted if all options were no interrogated in great detail.

Right, well I hope I'm wrong and it doesn't make things worse than they already are. Mind you I suppouse the whole point of a trial period is to see if something works.

Right, well I hope I'm wrong and it doesn't make things worse than they already are. Mind you I suppouse the whole point of a trial period is to see if something works.

Exactly. It will be well publicised by the club in due course and by ourselves. We do not want to make enemies, we are doing the hard work so fans can actually enjoy an atmosphere. It does require co-operation by supporters and those that want to sing need to be part of Block N for the Coventry game. That is the start. It is a local derby, passions should be high and it will make for an excellent opportunity for us to make some noise! We are not saying it is the solution, it something different, but we need to give it a good go!

Exactly. It will be well publicised by the club in due course and by ourselves. We do not want to make enemies, we are doing the hard work so fans can actually enjoy an atmosphere. It does require co-operation by supporters and those that want to sing need to be part of Block N for the Coventry game. That is the start. It is a local derby, passions should be high and it will make for an excellent opportunity for us to make some noise! We are not saying it is the solution, it something different, but we need to give it a good go!

top posting in this thread mate. i can understand why the club have been so supportive.

good luck.

Well I'll probably be at the game in question so I might get myself a ticket and come and introduce myself and sing all game, just to make it clear there are no hard feelings.

I wish you all the luck in the world with it.

I'd just urge you go your own way with or without the assistance of the club.

Archived