Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foss1884

Be part of the vocal Blue and White Army!

I don't think the club's attitude is like that at all.

They have ceertain laws and directives that they've got to live with - whether they want them or not - and I know they get as frustrated as everyone else at times.

The football industry isn't the only business that has to cope with Health and Safety directives and all sorts of other interference they could do without.

The club didn't seek to "control" anything as such. The impression I got was that they were 100% behind and encouraging of anything that stokes the atmosphere in a positive manner while not compromising anyone's safety etc.

It is a fine balance and if the fans were the administrators and had responsibility for keeping that balance maybe they wouldn't find it so easy themselves.

Of course they're trying to control it, thats why they've stuck them on the opposite side of the pitch to the kop and the other side of L1, to stop it from growing.

What I've always wanted to know is, if you can get away with taking a thermos in why can't I get away with taking a six pack of stella in? surely it's no differnt lol

you could take a plastic bottle with lager in without the screw top of course, that would be acceptable.

It's close to Family Stand. There will be complaints.

It's where my season ticket was, underneath the stand it is all sectioned off so there is no problem there. They also served beer if anyone is worried. Or they did last time I sat there anyway.

But as you say it is right next to the family area. When we sat there we had complaints then, and there was only about 20 people who sang.

It's where my season ticket was, underneath the stand it is all sectioned off so there is no problem there. They also served beer if anyone is worried. Or they did last time I sat there anyway.

But as you say it is right next to the family area. When we sat there we had complaints then, and there was only about 20 people who sang.

There we go, end of thread. :dunno:

It makes me suspicious.

Obviously the club want to be seen as pro active and can't dismiss any ideas to help the atmosphere, so instead of doing that the give the idea a trail run which they know it will fail due to complaints and it's inabilty to expand above 800 people, then say sorry lads doesn't work we're sacking it off.

No, the fat bloke with the elvis tattoo 'jobber' or what ever his name is should have drum. He's a example to everyone.

Yeah,My idol.

:ph34r:

He aint got da riddem maaaaan.

Im sure Thrac has some sick tunes he can reveal to us.

It makes me suspicious.

Obviously the club want to be seen as pro active and can't dismiss any ideas to help the atmosphere, so instead of doing that the give the idea a trail run which they know it will fail due to complaints and it's inabilty to expand above 800 people, then say sorry lads doesn't work we're sacking it off.

For all of those that seem concerned about singers being spread out, this is why as of the Coventry game (tomorrow is far too soon) we are appealing to all supporters (both season ticker holders and regular-attending fans) to opt for Block N. In the main, we are addressing The Kop (if you can call it that). There are singers at the back of E3 and we are those in E1/D2. We will be migrating and so it is the remainder that we are trying to get on board. We actually want L1 to remain the same because it would be good to bounce chants of both groups of supporters.

We actaully like the idea of "We are the right side" and "We are the left side", it is catchy and in this instance, can be achieved. We want to make it happen. After the weekend, the club will be publicising the idea (not before). Keep your eyes and ears peeled and make this work. We are not about words and no action. We are putting our money where our mouths are and moving. We are sick to death of being the only ones in The Kop along with those at the back of E3 who sing. If everyone else joined in, we would not have this problem would we?

If it takes off, it takes off. The Kop is dead anyway and you can never hear L1 sing unless there's a minutes silence taking place. The stadium has appalling acoustics and sadly unless almost every single fan is prepared to sing then the atmosphere will always be crap. A controversial penalty or sending off helps, but McCarthy can't do it all on his own.

I can seeing this being a waste of time, but i'd love to be proven wrong.

The only way the atmosphere will improve is if our team starts winning and we're near the top of the league, or the club permanently ejects fans for not singing.

If it takes off, it takes off. The Kop is dead anyway and you can never hear L1 sing unless there's a minutes silence taking place. The stadium has appalling acoustics and sadly unless almost every single fan is prepared to sing then the atmosphere will always be crap. A controversial penalty or sending off helps, but McCarthy can't do it all on his own.

I can seeing this being a waste of time, but i'd love to be proven wrong.

The only way the atmosphere will improve is if our team starts winning and we're near the top of the league, or the club permanently ejects fans for not singing.

lol

For all of those that seem concerned about singers being spread out, this is why as of the Coventry game (tomorrow is far too soon) we are appealing to all supporters (both season ticker holders and regular-attending fans) to opt for Block N. In the main, we are addressing The Kop (if you can call it that). There are singers at the back of E3 and we are those in E1/D2. We will be migrating and so it is the remainder that we are trying to get on board. We actually want L1 to remain the same because it would be good to bounce chants of both groups of supporters.

We actaully like the idea of "We are the right side" and "We are the left side", it is catchy and in this instance, can be achieved. We want to make it happen. After the weekend, the club will be publicising the idea (not before). Keep your eyes and ears peeled and make this work. We are not about words and no action. We are putting our money where our mouths are and moving. We are sick to death of being the only ones in The Kop along with those at the back of E3 who sing. If everyone else joined in, we would not have this problem would we?

Well the kop is quality when it gets going imo, maybe if the songs choices were chosen apropreatly and timed better and not sung for the sake of singing then maybe it people may join in a bit more.

If your telling me a 800 fan singing next time the family stand is better than one in the kop your lying.

Any way best of luck to you all but I'll be staying where I am.

Archived