Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nath

Worrying News...On What Could Happen

Now, because i haven't posted many posts, or really know any of you, some of you may not believe what i am about to tell you, but the is the word that is going round (behind the scenes at LCFC)

As Milan Mandaric is almost certain in buying the club, the back room members are not all for it, apparently the reason for the 2 depatures (chairman + director) was after an arugment about the offer. Therefore, they had a vote on it, which consisted of 7 people, 4 were for the deal, 3 were against, which included our ex chairman and ex director. So surely the deal is in reach now, as we were told by the birch before the game. BUT, thats not the worrying news, the worrying news in that word has it that IF the deal is not accepted and mandaric doesn't take over, then we are straight into administration. now some of you may not believe me, but this is reliable source from a relative of whom works at the clubse, why are some board member still against the deal? they are there in the interest of doing the best for the club,so why aint they doing it? is there a catch in the deal? i dont know, but to me this worrying news, as the Milan saga as gone on to long, things seem to become all the more possible to be called off.

Now, because i haven't posted many posts, or really know any of you, some of you may not believe what i am about to tell you, but the is the word that is going round (behind the scenes at LCFC)

As Milan Mandaric is almost certain in buying the club, the back room members are not all for it, apparently the reason for the 2 depatures (chairman + director) was after an arugment about the offer. Therefore, they had a vote on it, which consisted of 7 people, 4 were for the deal, 3 were against, which included our ex chairman and ex director. So surely the deal is in reach now, as we were told by the birch before the game. BUT, thats not the worrying news, the worrying news in that word has it that IF the deal is not accepted and mandaric doesn't take over, then we are straight into administration. now some of you may not believe me, but this is reliable source from a relative of whom works at the clubse, why are some board member still against the deal? they are there in the interest of doing the best for the club,so why aint they doing it? is there a catch in the deal? i dont know, but to me this worrying news, as the Milan saga as gone on to long, things seem to become all the more possible to be called off.

sounds worriying but if mm dosent take over

i'll win the lottery and buy the club :D

Cheers for that Nath, I believe that as the figures reported last year told their own story with their 1.5 mil profit and parachute payments and Connoly sale made for grim reading, also with these cover up debts MM has found Admin must be around the corner without strong investment

sounds worriying but if mm dosent take over

i'll win the lottery and buy the club :D

:D jolly good, if i was a millionaire/billionaire the first thing i would do is by the club, always have said that, and always will

Joeb can't run a tap, let alone a club :whistle:

It'll still go through methinks, it's just a matter of when it will happen.

why do you think some people are aginst the deal tho? is there a clause is the deal, or a twist? there has to be something that is making some of them say no?

Lots of clubs run with massive debts, in fact most of them do. It only becomes a problem if it is either out of control or someone wants to call in that debt, as in Eric Hall/Dennis Wise last time.

So the club being in debt isn't in itself a problem and should not cause us to go into admin. I also can't believe that if someone is getting impatient for their money that the shareholders wouldn't bale us out, in the short term like they did before.

That's not to say we are not in the mire I just don't believe these admin stories.

The consortium that missed out on Liverpool will surely stump up £50m for Leicester having read that we have got both Andy Johnson and now Geoff Horsfield on our payroll! Also, having Birch as entertainment must sway them a tad?! :D

As for MM and the rumours of going into administration, I have decided against getting an ulcer everytime I start worrying on what MIGHT be happening or might not be. I`ll only worry if MM doesnt take over the club and we are placed into admin because at that stage I will have no option but to visit Bill Gates and demands he takes over, allowing him to rename the team Leicester Metro`s and the stadium to the Microsoft Stadium. I think with a little bit of threatening behaviour couple with the kidnap of a family member that this deal is possible :P

One reason so many people are against it may be that there is a strong possibility that MM will sell the training ground. I gather this has already been the subject of discussions at board level. It begs the question if MM intends to do this why haven't the board as thsi would generate enoiugh cash to sort out our problems.

Lots of clubs run with massive debts, in fact most of them do. It only becomes a problem if it is either out of control or someone wants to call in that debt, as in Eric Hall/Dennis Wise last time.

So the club being in debt isn't in itself a problem and should not cause us to go into admin. I also can't believe that if someone is getting impatient for their money that the shareholders wouldn't bale us out, in the short term like they did before.

That's not to say we are not in the mire I just don't believe these admin stories.

I'll read your comment when my eyes stop spinning like clackers but if that model you've put in the parade ring had been a racehorse she'd have been a legend .... over the jumps of course. :P:P:D:D:D

if this happens then someone will come in and buy us for a few quid and i mean that literally!

someone will see it as a good investment

People seem to forgot the simple fact that the board only recomend the take overs the shareholders still have the ability not to agree to it heres some facts from a reliable source.

1) Milan is holding the club to ransom despite what the fans think (and i am in the majority in that i want investment in the club) people don't really think the shareholders will let their shares go for a pittance. In the ex chairmans example he is not a multi millionaire he put alot of money in to help us why should he lose 200K?

2)Some of the existing share holders are getting a consortimium together to buy and invest in the club it makes good business sense, put £15 million in to buy and fund transfers/loans get promotion and potentailly £40m back premiership money etc.. They would rather do this than be held to ransom by Milan.

3) Milan has played the media well, got all of the fans for the takeover making the board out to be the bad guys, it would be nice to see what they have to say, even if you don't like them remember they invested their money in a lost cause to save the club when no one else would.

Please feel free to debate this but one thing is sure Milan is not the saviour the media has made him out to be i for one would rather someone invest in the club that has it's best interest at heart (David Wilson????) not just pound signs!!!

People seem to forgot the simple fact that the board only recomend the take overs the shareholders still have the ability not to agree to it heres some facts from a reliable source.

1) Milan is holding the club to ransom despite what the fans think (and i am in the majority in that i want investment in the club) people don't really think the shareholders will let their shares go for a pittance. In the ex chairmans example he is not a multi millionaire he put alot of money in to help us why should he lose 200K?

2)Some of the existing share holders are getting a consortimium together to buy and invest in the club it makes good business sense, put £15 million in to buy and fund transfers/loans get promotion and potentailly £40m back premiership money etc.. They would rather do this than be held to ransom by Milan.

3) Milan has played the media well, got all of the fans for the transfer making the board out to be the bad guys, it would be nice to see what they have to say, even if you don't like them remember they invested their money in a lost cause to save the club when no one else would.

Please feel free to debate this but one thing is sure Milan is not the saviour the media has made him out to be i for one would rather someone invest in the club that has it's best interest at heart (David Wilson????) not just pound signs!!!

I've have never believed MM to be anything but a calculating opportunist. Whatever Bill Anderson or any of this other cronies might say.

But I've also heard about consortia going to do this, that and the other for years. MM didn't talk about it. He took action. I respect him, even admire him for that.

Doubtless in future, and modern times being what they are, the club will get used to being passed around from one business predator to another like a whore at a roasting, with all the distaste, disrespect and humiliation that might entail.

But let's hear no hypocritical wailing. The fans have positively salivated at the thought of our beautiful lady being hauled onto the stage of the slave market and sold to the highest bidder to be used or abused as anyone's plaything.

I didn't want it. I wanted to show faith in building our own club, faith in our kids, faith in our coaches, faith in being a part of something worthwhile, faith in our integrity.

I never wanted a busload of loan players, I never wanted rent-a-mob, I never wanted ageing journeymen and I never wanted anyone leading the club who wasn't Leicester through and through.

Bloody hell it's hard enough having Derby fans and Hearts fans chopsing about Leicester City let alone watching as some distant businessman stalks her like a lion on the scent of a wounded gazelle.

I wanted "young and hungry" for my club not "ripe for plucking".

But though they they might know not what they do I still want it to work. And if consortia closer to home wanted their way they should have believed in it and gone for it. Months ago.

If they go into admin. then I for one know a few fans who've said they'll turn their backs on the club. I too will vote with my feet and just go to away games. For the tenth biggest City in Britain - in an area that is crying out for Premiership football - it's just not good enough !! The play-offs in the Championship are the bare minimum for this club. :ph34r:

I can't see this deal going tits up now. I know our club love shooting themselves in the foot, and I know this has been a grim season for us. But every cloud has a silver lining and all that jazz. The deal will go through. That is the silver lining.

we dont know whats going on behind the scenes, it could be one big joke for the new relaunch of Beadles About all this time but I know one thing, if the deal doesnt go through, we're buggered.

I hope not mate as that small Beadle hand used to give me nightmares.

Course Milan is holding the club to ransom, why wouldn't he? Why would any sensible businessman pelt cash without conditionals at a club which has been mismanaged to the point where administration is just around the corner and we're in a relegation scrap?? Fact is we need investment and we need it now. We need to prevent a plunge into league obscurity.

Course Milan is holding the club to ransom, why wouldn't he? Why would any sensible businessman pelt cash without conditionals at a club which has been mismanaged to the point where administration is just around the corner and we're in a relegation scrap?? Fact is we need investment and we need it now. We need to prevent a plunge into league obscurity.

Good Point there DanTheFox.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Don't you think it might be interesting to have a businessman actually run the business that is Leicester City Football Club ? Someone who has proven he has the ability and the know how to make a club sucessful ? Also if he investing millions isn't he more likely to want the club to succeed and work hard at it ? Even if he just wants to make a profit he still has to turn the club into a viable business.

And so what if he does sell the training ground, I don't think it has had muich use for the past 4 or 5 years anyway :D

Archived