Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nath

Worrying News...On What Could Happen

Oh right. How long has that been the case?

Not exactly sure. Possibly since around 2003-04. I think it was brought in to give the average business the same chance of getting back what they were owed as the Revenue. It gives the trade creditor a bit more protection against phoenix companies. Previously, the Revenue did have preferential status and could clean up after the liquidator had taken his/her fee, leaving Joe Bloggs Ltd shafted.

I'm sorry, but the thought of a local consortium makes me shudder. You cannot run a football club the size of LCFC by committee. Surely we must have learnt this by now?

Someone from outside the city with a lot of money, a lot of business savvy and a modicum of football knowledge needs to get complete control of this club and drag it back into the Premiership. None of this local attachment bollocks. Just someone who really knows what they're doing.

If we swap 40-odd wealthy shareholders for 5-6 very wealthy ones, we'll end up with a situation like that at Newcastle with a few greedy individuals drawing milllions of £s a year EACH out of a club which is increasingly debt ridden and doing no more than treading water. Except that City are much smaller than Newcastle, and would most likely be treading water in the Championship.

Faced with the choice of the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, I'll take the Devil thank you.

I'm sorry, but the thought of a local consortium makes me shudder. You cannot run a football club the size of LCFC by committee. Surely we must have learnt this by now?

Someone from outside the city with a lot of money, a lot of business savvy and a modicum of football knowledge needs to get complete control of this club and drag it back into the Premiership. None of this local attachment bollocks. Just someone who really knows what they're doing.

If we swap 40-odd wealthy shareholders for 5-6 very wealthy ones, we'll end up with a situation like that at Newcastle with a few greedy individuals drawing milllions of £s a year EACH out of a club which is increasingly debt ridden and doing no more than treading water. Except that City are much smaller than Newcastle, and would most likely be treading water in the Championship.

Faced with the choice of the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, I'll take the Devil thank you.

absolutely!!!!

the club has been run for 123 years by local people and a fat lot of good it has done

I heard from a good source that the MM walked last away from the deal when his mother was ill, it was Birch that persuaded him to reconsider.

The "change" of board persuaded him to stay, apparently they were making unresonable demands and were just trying to scupper the deal. It was mentioned that they wanted a exec box for life!

The way I see it if MM wasnt really comitted to the club then he would have walked long ago, he can obviously see the potential and we already have the new stadium that was never delivered at Pompey. At the end of the day he is a buisiness man and drives a hard bargain, he wouldnt be in his position without treading on peoples toes!

So what if we have a load of Loans and journeymen, if it gets us up and then we get the nice slice of the new TV cash then great. I for one cant stand the dross we are watching at the moment. MM has also stated that he dosent think much of the current squad and will have a wholesale clearout in the summer. If we were to go into admin, which seems increasingly likely (just look at the Joey G saga, if Burnley can afford him then it shows how much we are in the sh*t) then we are finished. I was in JJB sports at Fosse park the other day and on the wall there is the list of world cup winners and european cup winners, up there are Forest, how the once mighty have fallen. Ok so we havent reached those heights, but we are still in the small group of clubs that have never been lower than this division.

If someone local has the money then they should have taken the opportunity, basically noone wanted to and now they are the ones moaning that MM has put his hand in his pockets, ok so he hasnt dug that deep, but at least he is willing to have a go!

Cheers

Phil

point 1, if his 250k was an investment, then football wasnt the best place for it, he really expected his 250k back?

point 2, if the shareholders have the funds to raise 40 million for a takeover then why hasnt this already gone into the club, is this because they dont want the current board to spend it? or are they waiting for the club to be in a really grim state to get the club for cheap themselves from the other shareholders?

point 3, yes he knows how to get the fans on side, better then saying nothing at all.

I think someone putting their 250k first doesnt have the clubs best interest at heart, sorry but these delays and resignations are all about the amount shareholders get for their shares nothing else.

do you believe hard facts.

7mill loss annual loss?

A 7mill loss, even if it is true doesn't in itself automatically mean administration. So your supposed fact has no impact on my comments so I say: And your point is?

absolutely!!!!

the club has been run for 123 years by local people and a fat lot of good it has done

This club has survived the ups and downs of those 123 years, has entertained millions of people over that time, sometimes brilliantly, has reached FA Cup finals and won the League Cup as well as writing pages and pages of history and having any number of long remembered heroes.

Our club is based in one of the best stadia in the land and has still never slipped outside the top two divisions. Some of the people involved in running - or saving - Leicester City have had a lot to be proud of.

Even now, in these troubled times, this club has one hell of a lot to lose. Including its existence if it is not run by people who care about it.

I heard from a good source that the MM walked last away from the deal when his mother was ill, it was Birch that persuaded him to reconsider.

The "change" of board persuaded him to stay, apparently they were making unresonable demands and were just trying to scupper the deal. It was mentioned that they wanted a exec box for life!

lollollol

Someone did persuade him to come back but is wasn't Birchenall, he's gone along with Kelly :thumbup:

I'm sure I read somewhere in a thread that this debt expired after 2 years. However I also read that under the CVA some creditors were owed additional sums in the event of a takeover, so this might have legs. It would explain the "hidden debt" theory, when in reality a business shouldn't/wouldn't be able or want to hide it's debts from the auditors.

:appl:

:thumbup:

What do you think MM's long term aims are?? I think short-term (over next 2 years) is to get us into the Premiership and keep us there !! Then, I get that feeling that he'll sell us for a profit to an even richer figure similar to Gaydamak at Pompey who will take us even further forward. This is my general feeling anyway!!

What do you think MM's long term aims are?? I think short-term (over next 2 years) is to get us into the Premiership and keep us there !! Then, I get that feeling that he'll sell us for a profit to an even richer figure similar to Gaydamak at Pompey who will take us even further forward. This is my general feeling anyway!!

I'd be more worried about the rival bid that will be announced at Grace Road tomorrow. ;)

at the time there was talk of "cutting a deal" with HMRC - I believe that the law was changed to allow the taxman to discount a tax debt which wasn't the case before - I believe City took advantage of this . All this talk of "hidden debts" is nonsense as I said before - no-one would risk committing a criminal breach of the companies acts to falsify the records of what is a hobby to most of the faces involved.

Allowing MM's advisers to proceed and not ask the right questions about the hangover from administration is disingenuous but not illegal tactic

Get the club for as cheap as possible. Install some faith and excitement back in to the fans and club. Go through a series of managers if they don't produce what he wants. Get us in to the premiership and keep us there. Once we are either established or at least in the premiership then he'll look to cash in and walk away a hero.

That will do for me.

If the above doesn't happen and he can't get us in to the premiership then at least he'll have tried and I can't see him being any worse than the current board.

Get the club for as cheap as possible. Install some faith and excitement back in to the fans and club. Go through a series of managers if they don't produce what he wants. Get us in to the premiership and keep us there. Once we are either established or at least in the premiership then he'll look to cash in and walk away a hero.

That will do for me.

If the above doesn't happen and he can't get us in to the premiership then at least he'll have tried and I can't see him being any worse than the current board.

:dunno:

That will do for me.

Milan Mandaric - Eats Clubs, Shits Money

Why get rid of Birch? I cant see him costing loads anyway.

At least he is honest and has the balls to tell us how it is. I personally wouldnt want a return to the days of the pom-pom brigade at halftime. It wasnt too bad at Filbo cos you could actually see them!

Phil

lollollol

Someone did persuade him to come back but is wasn't Birchenall, he's gone along with Kelly :thumbup:

I've have never believed MM to be anything but a calculating opportunist. Whatever Bill Anderson or any of this other cronies might say.

But I've also heard about consortia going to do this, that and the other for years. MM didn't talk about it. He took action. I respect him, even admire him for that.

Doubtless in future, and modern times being what they are, the club will get used to being passed around from one business predator to another like a whore at a roasting, with all the distaste, disrespect and humiliation that might entail.

But let's hear no hypocritical wailing. The fans have positively salivated at the thought of our beautiful lady being hauled onto the stage of the slave market and sold to the highest bidder to be used or abused as anyone's plaything.

I didn't want it. I wanted to show faith in building our own club, faith in our kids, faith in our coaches, faith in being a part of something worthwhile, faith in our integrity.

I never wanted a busload of loan players, I never wanted rent-a-mob, I never wanted ageing journeymen and I never wanted anyone leading the club who wasn't Leicester through and through.

Bloody hell it's hard enough having Derby fans and Hearts fans chopsing about Leicester City let alone watching as some distant businessman stalks her like a lion on the scent of a wounded gazelle.

I wanted "young and hungry" for my club not "ripe for plucking".

But though they they might know not what they do I still want it to work. And if consortia closer to home wanted their way they should have believed in it and gone for it. Months ago.

AMEN................. :)

Build his consortium of billionnaires to rival Chelsea and Manchester United and become the top team in England within 4 years. Will not leave the club until the champions league is won, taking anti-death medication if his legs begin to go. When finally deceased will pass down the club to the users of foxestalk, backed by exisiting multi-billionnaire financial backing. My involvement would be ensuring a bag of space raiders is placed on every seat at home games for the fans to all crunch at the same time, creating an unauthordox but ultimately intimidating atmosphere.......

Archived