Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nath

Worrying News...On What Could Happen

Koroman makes Pompey exit

Tuesday 06 Feb 2007

Portsmouth have confirmed that Serbia midfielder Ognjen Koroman has left the club to return home to join Crvena Zvezda.

The 28-year-old winger started his career as a youth team player with the Belgrade club, but never made it through to the first-team before being allowed to move on.

He has since made his name in Russia with Kryliya Sovetov and Terek Grozny, before heading to England just over a year ago to link up with Pompey on loan.

However, Koroman has struggled to make his mark on the south coast, making just six appearances for Harry Redknapp's side.

On completing his return home, Koroman commented: "I'm happy because I'll have a chance to play.

"I was on the bench all the time at Portsmouth, which was disappointing. Therefore I am glad to return to my homeland and to such a renowned club.

"Everybody in Serbia knows I'm a Crvena Zvezda supporter and I shall make the most of this second chance."

Well thats that out the window.

S****horpe sold Andy Keogh to Wolves for nearly £1m so I sint think that they would sell Sharp as well as they are going for promotion but who manages to get him would be getting a class player. He always looks full of energy and has some quality about him.

I`d say MM`s first signing and a few that will follow will be older free transfers with premiership experience. I`m not sure who will be out of contract in the summer who fits the bill but I think he`ll pay decent wages to get them here.

Wonderful - a few more Andy Johnsons will REALLY boost season ticket sales... :rolleyes:

Anyway, it should be the manager who decides which players to sign. He's the one who has to work with them.

Wonderful - a few more Andy Johnsons will REALLY boost season ticket sales... :rolleyes:

Anyway, it should be the manager who decides which players to sign. He's the one who has to work with them.

Yes Ultra, because every Premiership player over the age of 30 is exactly like Andy Johnson. :rolleyes:

Yes Ultra, because every Premiership player over the age of 30 is exactly like Andy Johnson. :rolleyes:

They are if they sign for us....

Some more names...Jason Wilcox? Scott Gemmill? Chris Makin? Dion Dublin?

TBH Makin and Dublin haven't exactly done poorly since getting shot of us have they, neither has gillespie.

The point is that we've had more than our fair share of useless hasbeens in recent times. ALll thwey're interested in is one big payday to boost their pensions.

Dion may be doing well at Norwich, but it still doesn't change the fact that he was a glory-seeking waster while with us.

The point is that we've had more than our fair share of useless hasbeens in recent times. ALll thwey're interested in is one big payday to boost their pensions.

Dion may be doing well at Norwich, but it still doesn't change the fact that he was a glory-seeking waster while with us.

He wasn't that bad. :rolleyes:

Ultra as usual you have no point not every single player over the age of 30 is useless and/or out for the last pay cheque. The fact that we've signed a few wasters ourselves doesn't change this fact there are plenty of examples of players stepping down a division in their old age and playing well.

No it isn't.

Is the fact that they suddenly re-discover hunger and form when they move on a coincedence?

Even you can work this one out I think Ultra, you cock.

Im not suggesting that I would do things but historically MM does like to pay big wages and get Bosmans and especially free transfers or small fees for players coming to the end of contracts. I cant see him being patient enough to come in and buy a load of Billy Sharps and wait for them to blossom. MM will be eyeing the huge TV revenue from the Premiership and I personally think he will be targetting players who can still do a very good championship job but are past there best.

We wont be able to get the best of the Championship like Nugent, Earnshaw, Davies, Koumas etc but some oldies have had great seasons at this level and we may look to try and get players that can be as succesful as...

Kevin Phillips 12 in 24 for WBA, Radhi Jaidi and Bruno N`Gotty at Brum, Dwight Yorke and Stanislav Varga at Sunderland, Salif Diao for Stoke.

Players like the above have had decent seasons and cost next to nothing but they would be on decent wages. We dont want stinkers who are injury prone and in their mid-30s but MM wont waste his money on old donkeys that wont do a job. I think bringing in these type of players also gives us ready made hero`s which is what I think we need at this club at the moment. Hopefully a couple of good young uns will be added along with the oldies.

I think we`ll get Andy Cole BTW. He is the type of player of that age we should go for at the end of the season.

OK, I remember a while back when we entered the dark days of administration, we were allowed the deferment of tax as the football club entered administration until the club either folded or was purchased. This has to be paid back in full by the new owners, they would have known of this, I'm wondering if the unpaid tax which was owed still 3 years on, yet not paid by the new board is the final hurdle that needed to be overcome.

Maybe this is why the Chairman resigned along with J.Johnson. etc....

Yes this would cause huge implications if MM wasnt prepared to pay this (having found this unknown debt that was a millstone around the clubs neck).

Maybe this is why he has revised his offer and the reasons why this whole sorry saga is taking so long.

Of course offering a smaller amount for your shares must be better than held responsible for fraud as this is what it would have been if left unpaid.

HMMMMMMM..............

whats the odds on this being right?

:dunno:

I'm sure I read somewhere in a thread that this debt expired after 2 years. However I also read that under the CVA some creditors were owed additional sums in the event of a takeover, so this might have legs. It would explain the "hidden debt" theory, when in reality a business shouldn't/wouldn't be able or want to hide it's debts from the auditors.

The taxman is the first to get paid when you go into administration so my guess is that they've been paid :unsure: maybe not the lot, but I doubt the tax debt is still active!

However I could be wrong I'm just assuming really.

My thoughts exactly. The taxman always gets his money, and quick.

The taxman is the first to get paid when you go into administration so my guess is that they've been paid :unsure: maybe not the lot, but I doubt the tax debt is still active!

However I could be wrong I'm just assuming really.

Not any more. ;):thumbup:

Lots of clubs run with massive debts, in fact most of them do. It only becomes a problem if it is either out of control or someone wants to call in that debt, as in Eric Hall/Dennis Wise last time.

So the club being in debt isn't in itself a problem and should not cause us to go into admin. I also can't believe that if someone is getting impatient for their money that the shareholders wouldn't bale us out, in the short term like they did before.

That's not to say we are not in the mire I just don't believe these admin stories.

do you believe hard facts.

7mill loss annual loss?

People seem to forgot the simple fact that the board only recomend the take overs the shareholders still have the ability not to agree to it heres some facts from a reliable source.

1) Milan is holding the club to ransom despite what the fans think (and i am in the majority in that i want investment in the club) people don't really think the shareholders will let their shares go for a pittance. In the ex chairmans example he is not a multi millionaire he put alot of money in to help us why should he lose 200K?

2)Some of the existing share holders are getting a consortimium together to buy and invest in the club it makes good business sense, put £15 million in to buy and fund transfers/loans get promotion and potentailly £40m back premiership money etc.. They would rather do this than be held to ransom by Milan.

3) Milan has played the media well, got all of the fans for the takeover making the board out to be the bad guys, it would be nice to see what they have to say, even if you don't like them remember they invested their money in a lost cause to save the club when no one else would.

Please feel free to debate this but one thing is sure Milan is not the saviour the media has made him out to be i for one would rather someone invest in the club that has it's best interest at heart (David Wilson????) not just pound signs!!!

point 1, if his 250k was an investment, then football wasnt the best place for it, he really expected his 250k back?

point 2, if the shareholders have the funds to raise 40 million for a takeover then why hasnt this already gone into the club, is this because they dont want the current board to spend it? or are they waiting for the club to be in a really grim state to get the club for cheap themselves from the other shareholders?

point 3, yes he knows how to get the fans on side, better then saying nothing at all.

I think someone putting their 250k first doesnt have the clubs best interest at heart, sorry but these delays and resignations are all about the amount shareholders get for their shares nothing else.

Archived