Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Elvis Hammond

Stay or Go?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. He's a joker who is laughing at you if you think he is good enough!

• Stay you give another option (cop out)
    • Never will be good enough for my Blue and White (FACT)

If he could finish, he would be good

...and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. ;):P

I voted keep him, as long as he's got someone beside him who can finish e.g. Hume or Fryatt then his lack of goalscoring ability (although he has scored more than Fryatt this season) isn't too much of a hindrance. He does cause defenders problems with his pace and this helps to create space and opportunities for his partner to score.

...and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. ;):P

I voted keep him, as long as he's got someone beside him who can finish e.g. Hume or Fryatt then his lack of goalscoring ability (although he has scored more than Fryatt this season) isn't too much of a hindrance. He does cause defenders problems with his pace and this helps to create space and opportunities for his partner to score.

I wonder if at half time an oposition defender who was ment to be marking him said to the manager "What's the point he is not going to score"

I would not be suprised!

I wonder if at half time an oposition defender who was ment to be marking him said to the manager "What's the point he is not going to score"

I would not be suprised!

Well he's scored 4 this season (which is twice as many as Matty Fryatt) so that's not entirely true, is it. :thumbup:

Well he's scored 4 this season (which is twice as many as Matty Fryatt) so that's not entirely true, is it. :thumbup:

why is it when people talk about EH that Fryatt become some sort of standard benchmark which Hammond is so great at beating?

Fryatt is having a very poor season, but was unfit from the start vs Luton, has had two prolonged injury layoffs, also he showed us that he was a good player last year Hammond has never shown LCFC he was ever a good player!

why is it when people talk about EH that Fryatt become some sort of standard benchmark which Hammond is so great at beating?

Fryatt is having a very poor season, but was unfit from the start vs Luton, has had two prolonged injury layoffs, also he showed us that he was a good player last year Hammond has never shown LCFC he was ever a good player!

I wasn't using Fryatt as a benchmark, it was more of an afterthought to strengthen my argument, that's why I wrote about him in brackets. :thumbup:

You said that defenders don't need to mark Elvis cos he won't score - well he has scored on a few occasions this season, no he's not been prolific, but he's scored. Therefore defenders do need to mark him, which benefits the team as it keeps them occupied and frees up space for our more talented players (or should that be "player" :ph34r: ).

I have serious reservations about his ability!

1) Who told him he had any ability?

2) Why would anyone pay £350k for him?

3) How does he get on the bench infront of anyone let alone Danny?

4) How much do we pay him? He is a shower

5) What is the point of Elvis Hammond?

6) How can we get rid of him?

7) Does he feel embarissed to earn such money with these awful performances?

8) Can he look me in the face and say "i'm a footballer" after Steve Walsh has just told me?

9) When is his contract up?

10) Why am I the only one who seems to see this?

11) Why just why what? I'm flabergasted! What's the point? Go home, leave! Its not gonna happen!

12) Have you ever hit a shot and the ball ended up where you ment it to go?

13) Did anyone eles see him at H/T vs Luton last week shooting? It went into the crowd and no one was in goal FFS

14) This is Elvis Hammonds Face right now lol

15) He is sitting at his computer now thinking :angry: I've been rumbled!

16) The man maybe a nice chap, he may give presents to the poor at christmas and help out the salvation army WELL DONE matey but your a 5hit footballer who will never be good enough to wear the shirt! EVER! FACT! FACT! FACT!

17) Was this a bet and it has gone on that far its not funny anymore and you do want to go home

18) Are you Ali Dia, or have his agent?

19) Did you do anything yesterday?

20) Elvis do you think you are a waste of time too?

21) I'M GOING ON YOUR MYSPACE NOW AND I'M GONNA TELL YOU STRAIGHT YOU COMPLETE WASTE OF A BENCH SPOT!

Your not fit to wear the shirt.... Your not fit to wear the shirt.... Your not Fit, Your not Fit....

Your not fit to wear the shirt.... Your not fit to wear the shirt!

2) I thought it was upto £300k basd on a number of factors? Its easy saying a player isnt worth it but he has been capped by Ghana for what thats worth and he has some ability but has never fulfilled it. I doubt he will now BTW!

3) He is probably best off the bench with 10 or 15 to go as he could make use of his only asset, his pace, against the tiring defenders.

10) You arent the only one to see it but he was at least an option of something different when we bought him due to his explosive pace. Like many players, this gamble has failed.

BTW funniest thing on Wikipedia about Elvis was that Gareth Williams, that majorly succesful talented Leicester player :unsure: was quoted as saying this about Elvis... 'he can control it further than I can kick it'.

Interesting reading this post that almost 40% WOULD KEEP HIM AS AN OPTION. He is not setting the world alight but does have pace that can disrupt a defence. Useful as a sub or if no other fit options.If we had another striker who kept near him to do the shooting in the last few minutes of a game that might help. From what I've seen of the Horse I'd keep Elvis instead of him so far.

I think this is the only +ve about Elvis post on here so far. So I'd keep till we have a better bet in the summer.

What? He's scored fewer than Hammond too? :whistle:

Dodds is a better striker than the lot of em.

Further more:

a) He's far more versatile and accurate than Horsfield.

b) He's a better team player and scores from more situations than Fryatt.

c) He's got far better contol than Hammond.

What? He's scored fewer than Hammond too? :whistle:

Dodds is a better striker than the lot of em.

Further more:

a) He's far more versatile and accurate than Horsfield.

b) He's a better team player and scores from more situations than Fryatt.

c) He's got far better contol than Hammond.

I herd he hits his shots harder than Adriano, dribbles like Cristano Ronaldo, and has the passing range and vision of Cesc Fabregas.

Why he hasn't played yet, total mystery. 50 million pound man we've got there.

Tell you what! When Fryatt and Hume become world beaters let us then talk about getting rid of Elvis.

You go on about paying £350K for Elvis well I certainly haven't seen Fryatt play to his supposed worth yet.

Get off his back ffs it's Fryatt who needs the kick up the arse :rolleyes:

Fryatt is still only 20 years old and has scored more goals for Leicester than Elvis has managed in his career aged 26 (amazingly he has scored 6 goals in 75 games). Fryatt has potential, Elvis hasnt IMO.

Fryatt is still only 20 years old and has scored more goals for Leicester than Elvis has managed in his career aged 26 (amazingly he has scored 6 goals in 75 games). Fryatt has potential, Elvis hasnt IMO.

Yeah - but Elvis makes one great striker on my FM2006 squad. :unsure:

Yeah - but Elvis makes one great striker on my FM2006 squad. :unsure:

Fryatt is always ends up at Middlesboro and is worth £3m on mine! I cant sell Elvis or Cog, even for nothing! Then again I havent played it in ages but your point is fair.

Elvis must stay :D:P

I herd he hits his shots harder than Adriano, dribbles like Cristano Ronaldo, and has the passing range and vision of Cesc Fabregas.

Why he hasn't played yet, total mystery. 50 million pound man we've got there.

He could be a £10 man for all I care. The players you mention have nothing to with the truth of what I said.

Tell you what! When Fryatt and Hume become world beaters let us then talk about getting rid of Elvis.

You go on about paying £350K for Elvis well I certainly haven't seen Fryatt play to his supposed worth yet.

Get off his back ffs it's Fryatt who needs the kick up the arse :rolleyes:

Here, here. :thumbup:

You may be right about the potential. And if I was a 20-year-old striker with all that sodding potential I keep hearing about I'd have turned up fit to begin the season for a start.

Fryatt showed sod all in the friendlies or in the opening games and after his injury was way off the pace once more until he suddenly started applying himself.

Hammond has been available and given 100% to the cause in bloody difficult circumstances this season with no creativity whatsover behind him and has scored most in not all the goals you mention for us - because he's barely had a sniff of a chance before then as you well know.

Even with his potential Fryatt is a limited player. Not especially big, not good in the air, not particularly strong or fast and even limited in the places he gets goals from.

In years gone by he wouldn't have got close to Leicester's team and I'm sure I've seen nothing so far to put him down as anything special for even this distinctly limited team.

That's not to make out Hammond is anything better as a striker but he is fit, strong, fast and he does make life uncomfortable for defenders.

Fryatt meanwhile continues, with his three goals in 15 games, to be injured for half of the time and to live on a very short-term reputation.

He'd be on the bench at best for me with that scoring rate. And Dodds would have been in months ago, fit as I could get him and with words of total faith ringing in his ear.

You may be right about the potential. And if I was a 20-year-old striker with all that sodding potential I keep hearing about I'd have turned up fit to begin the season for a start.

Fryatt showed sod all in the friendlies or in the opening games and after his injury was way off the pace once more until he suddenly started applying himself.

Hammond has been available and given 100% to the cause in bloody difficult circumstances this season with no creativity whatsover behind him and has scored most in not all the goals you mention for us - because he's barely had a sniff of a chance before then as you well know.

Even with his potential Fryatt is a limited player. Not especially big, not good in the air, not particularly strong or fast and even limited in the places he gets goals from.

In years gone by he wouldn't have got close to Leicester's team and I'm sure I've seen nothing so far to put him down as anything special for even this distinctly limited team.

That's not to make out Hammond is anything better as a striker but he is fit, strong, fast and he does make life uncomfortable for defenders.

Fryatt meanwhile continues, with his three goals in 15 games, to be injured for half of the time and to live on a very short-term reputation.

He'd be on the bench at best for me with that scoring rate. And Dodds would have been in months ago, fit as I could get him and with words of total faith ringing in his ear.

One goal in 4 is I think Fryatts Leicester record which is pants but Elvis couldnt hit a cows a**e with a banjo. I cant defend Elvis as he is a dumb footballer who gets caugh offside far too often and hasnt got a decent touch. He is also meant to be a striker who doesnt and has never scored goals at 4 clubs. All he has is pace but so has Lingford Christie but we wont be signing him!

Fryatt has also down well at Walsall and maybe hasnt stepped us as quickly as we would like but at 20 he still has time on his side. I know you go on about Louis Dodds but he only 6 months younger with no experience! Fryatt has at times shown that he is good enough and I hope that he is around next season.

One goal in 4 is I think Fryatts Leicester record which is pants but Elvis couldnt hit a cows a**e with a banjo. I cant defend Elvis as he is a dumb footballer who gets caugh offside far too often and hasnt got a decent touch. He is also meant to be a striker who doesnt and has never scored goals at 4 clubs. All he has is pace but so has Lingford Christie but we wont be signing him!

Fryatt has also down well at Walsall and maybe hasnt stepped us as quickly as we would like but at 20 he still has time on his side. I know you go on about Louis Dodds but he only 6 months younger with no experience! Fryatt has at times shown that he is good enough and I hope that he is around next season.

Dodds has only got no experience because we keep picking out of form strikers.

And Fryatt's record at Walsall doesn't look nearly so good when you take the penalties out and considing it was also another level down.

Just tell me what he does so well as a striker?

Piledriver shot?

Brilliant header?.

Goals from anywhere?

Blistering pace and eye for the target?

Lethal in-the-box predator?

I just haven't seen it. He made a decent start for us but I said then that he'd struggle when people got used to his style of play because he doesn't have much in the way of "extras".

His whole focus this season should have been on being razor sharp and working on the many ordinary aspects of his game.

Archived