Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ikon_Klow

Dowie off to Coventry

Paul Ince has done a decent job at Macclesfield but the bloke will only use a Championship club like us as a stepping stone to bigger things. He still thinks he would be Inter Milan manager had he not left them FFS! He is out of his league and until he proves himself, he needs to shut up. Playing the race card to get a good job is also a disgrace as he keeps going on about black managers but not many ex-footballers want to be managers, even in the lower leagues or non-league. I hope he goes to Coventry and continues there downfall.

BTW Im sick of the "young talented manager" that we always seem to be linked to. Taylor, Adams and Levein have fooked things up in recent years and still we get linked to the likes Dowie, Cotterill and Holloway. I`d much prefer someone more experienced to come in like Glenn Hoddle myself. I know he has hardly done much in recent years but he did well with swindon and just drew far too many games with Wolves. Maybe he will be effective at us with some cash behind him?

Did well at Swindon? probabley because he was playing for them as well! he was a much better player than he is manager.

What a TON of balls. Young talented managers get teams out of this division. Look at Billy Davies. Look at Paul Jewell, Aidy Boothroyd, Alan Pardew, Steve Bruce (at least the first time around), hell, even Adams and Dowie count, I guess.

Stepping stone? Who cares. If they want a bigger job they have to do well with us. It's to everyone's benefit. Martin O' Neill did it, and he's a legend.

I wouldn't put Ince in charge right now, of course, but if by the end of the season Macclesfield are mid-table or better then I'd hire him.

Our last 3 "young managers" have failed and althoyugh it is en vogue to keep hiring these younger, fresher managers, it doesnt mean that teh older ones have lost there ability IMO. You talk of Boothroyd like he is amazing but he has taken a side up and looks like bringing them straight back-down. Steve Coppell who won the Championship last season and is experienced is keeping them up and doing it the right way. Paul jewell kept Wigan up but has had millions to spend. He has continued to spend it this season and they also look in relegation trouble. Steve Bruce also took Brum up and look what happened to them? Spending millions and RELEGATED again and by know means guaranteed promotion. Dowie may be given some slack as he didnt have a chance to keep Charlton up and MON is unique as the bloke is an absolute legend and has proved to be at a higher level. They`ll always be freaks of nature and he is one.

BTW Im not neccasarily knocking young managers but it seems that we forget about soem of the older ones who have done well and cant get a job and keep talking about these younger ones who actually havent gone on to great things as listed above. We do the same in our national team with players like Beckham, James and Sol Campbell who get punted to the side for these amazing young players and look at the state of our side now.

BTW, you say let Ince save Macclesfield from relegation and get them toward mid-table and hire him? If that is what the average Leicester fans standards are then we are fooked. Although we are not Man Utd or Liverpool, we have won more domestic trophies in the last 10 years than all bar 5 clubs, our county catchment area has us in the top 8 in Britain in population, on the pitch we are one few clubs who have a good stadiun and get regular attendances over 22,000 and well above in the second tier and we should be looking at skanks like Ince???!!

Did well at Swindon? probabley because he was playing for them as well! he was a much better player than he is manager.

I know he hasnt achieved much in recent times but we must remember he did well with Swindon and then moved on to Chelea who didnt have the resources theyhave today and got to the final of the FA Cup and semi`s in CWC. He only left them for England and unlike some of the other England managers didnt leave due to poor results. I thought we played well under Hoddle and only got knocked out to the Argies on penos in the 98 WC with no thanks to Becks getting sent off. He then kept Southampton up against the odds (look at them since he left) and went back tO spurs where he only did OK and then you could say that Wolves was a big failure. That doesnt mean at the age of 49 that he has become a useless manager! What a waste of experience IMO. Im "only" 34 so I am not preaching for old gits because I am one but I think we are approaching an era where we have to move on under MM and think to emulate the likes of MMs Pompey within 5 years and they didnt do it with a young manager did they?!

Having said that, who else is out there for us?

There could well be a fair few decent options in the summer... at this late stage i could see (and it would be sensible) RK being kept as manager till the end of the season, allowing the overhaul of the club to take place in the close-season, rather than at the tail end of tricky season.

Our last 3 "young managers" have failed and althoyugh it is en vogue to keep hiring these younger, fresher managers, it doesnt mean that teh older ones have lost there ability IMO. You talk of Boothroyd like he is amazing but he has taken a side up and looks like bringing them straight back-down. Steve Coppell who won the Championship last season and is experienced is keeping them up and doing it the right way. Paul jewell kept Wigan up but has had millions to spend. He has continued to spend it this season and they also look in relegation trouble. Steve Bruce also took Brum up and look what happened to them? Spending millions and RELEGATED again and by know means guaranteed promotion. Dowie may be given some slack as he didnt have a chance to keep Charlton up and MON is unique as the bloke is an absolute legend and has proved to be at a higher level. They`ll always be freaks of nature and he is one.

BTW Im not neccasarily knocking young managers but it seems that we forget about soem of the older ones who have done well and cant get a job and keep talking about these younger ones who actually havent gone on to great things as listed above. We do the same in our national team with players like Beckham, James and Sol Campbell who get punted to the side for these amazing young players and look at the state of our side now.

BTW, you say let Ince save Macclesfield from relegation and get them toward mid-table and hire him? If that is what the average Leicester fans standards are then we are fooked. Although we are not Man Utd or Liverpool, we have won more domestic trophies in the last 10 years than all bar 5 clubs, our county catchment area has us in the top 8 in Britain in population, on the pitch we are one few clubs who have a good stadiun and get regular attendances over 22,000 and well above in the second tier and we should be looking at skanks like Ince???!!

Boothroyd is a fantastic manager. Watford are coming back down again (probably) because they went up totally unprepared. They've not gambled with the cash and if/when they come back down they'll be a strong championship side with plenty of cash, with a good manager.

You also seem to be missing the fact that Ince getting Macclesfield into mid-table would be an absolute miracle.

You also lose all credibility for talking down ANY manager after seriously suggesting Hoddle. :P

Boothroyd is a fantastic manager. Watford are coming back down again (probably) because they went up totally unprepared. They've not gambled with the cash and if/when they come back down they'll be a strong championship side with plenty of cash, with a good manager.

You also seem to be missing the fact that Ince getting Macclesfield into mid-table would be an absolute miracle.

You also lose all credibility for talking down ANY manager after seriously suggesting Hoddle. :P

lol Im not starting some big get Hoddle campaign, just that some of these experienced managers seem to be overlooked and many more of these young managers are very hit and miss. Im personally tired of all these coming and goings on the manager front in recent years as want a little stability.

Aidy Boothroyd seems to be highly regarded and maybe with reason but for me his team have contributed little to the premiership, his teams style of football is shocking and is so painful to watch, even if its just the MOTD highlights on a sunday morning and he hasnt moved the squad on. they have won 3 games all season including 2 in the last 4 buthe has hardly impressed, unlike the more experienced promoted managers of Sheff Utd and Reading.

BTW, maybe my opinions on Ince are tainted as I have never liked the bloke since he started putting the word guvnor on his boots lol. He rated himself too much as a player and despite a great start at Macclesfield they have lost 4 in the last 6 (ok one was a cup game at Chelski) and the test is if he can keep them up, never mind mid-table. I also dont think that we should rate a manager too much for keeping a side in D2 when he has had 3/4s of the season to do it as its hardly an amazing bit of management if it happens. I think even you could have done that job! :D

Hoddle is a Mandaric sort of character - very weird.

Hoddle or Dowie? No brainer for me.

However I could think of better options than both of them.

Go on then mate....

Who else are possible Leicester managers?

I hope that we dont go for someone like Megson (another great young manager who took a Midlands side up, I think twice??), Nigel Worthington also took Norwich up and is now out of work and may be linked? (again I hope not). Who is the best of the managers outside of the Premiership and Championship that could come to us?

I also dont think that we should rate a manager too much for keeping a side in D2 when he has had 3/4s of the season to do it as its hardly an amazing bit of management if it happens. I think even you could have done that job!

They were about 10 points adrift and had no money to spend so keeping them up would be a fair achievement I would say!

They were about 10 points adrift and had no money to spend so keeping them up would be a fair achievement I would say!

So would I. I think he wouldhave done a good job but I dont think that would qualify him for being offered the job at Leicester City!

Maybe Ince will one day become a great manager but to be thinking of someone like him for us now IMO is lunacy as he hasnt been a manager for more than about 4 months. Its not like we are down and outs with no money or no future, we are talking about a championship club who have a great stadium and support who are about to have an investor who wants to get us back into the big time again.

Archived