Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ikon_Klow

Dowie off to Coventry

I ment we get linked with a "defensive manager" and proceed to slag him off, he then goes on to play attacking following football and gets results at a supposidly smaller club.

Why didn't you say that in the first instance!!! Your making me think too much for a monday, Manwell!!

Seriously though, you have a valid point, alo of us did criticise holloway et al!!!

As good a start as Holloway had down south, he's still only six points ahead of us in the league - currently 11th. And we have a game in hand. ;)

Cotters meanwhile is only two points ahead, having played the same number of games.

I'm not too concerned about missing out on either manager at the minute. ;)

As good a start as Holloway had down south, he's still only six points ahead of us in the league - currently 11th. And we have a game in hand. ;)

Cotters meanwhile is only two points ahead, having played the same number of games.

Both clubs have less resources than we do though. We may have **** all money, but neither have Plymouth or Burnley and have had to sell to buy, we've just decided not to go down that approach.

Well aware of both of those facts :rolleyes:.

They're still in front of us, they both have less resources. They've also sold on their dead wood for money and spent wisely.

I'd like to remind you our game in hand is against Birmingham. Nill poit.

Both clubs have less resources than we do though. We may have **** all money, but neither have Plymouth or Burnley and have had to sell to buy, we've just decided not to go down that approach.

So they're good wheeler-dealers then?

But if the club (the powers-that-be) have decided not to go down the route that has worked for Holloway and Cotterill, would they still be able to do a job up here? :dunno:

Perhaps I'm not giving them enough credit, but they'd obviously be operating differently at Leicester - thanks to our policy of holding onto everyone and everything - than they do at Burnley and Plymouth respectively. Would they have the same effect in a different operating environment? :mellow:

Tune in next time to find out. :ph34r:

the problem wiht our game in hand is that its against birmingham who are doing well, to be frank we would be lucky to get a draw with them.

So they're good wheeler-dealers then?

But if the club (the powers-that-be) have decided not to go down the route that has worked for Holloway and Cotterill, would they still be able to do a job up here? :dunno:

Perhaps I'm not giving them enough credit, but they'd obviously be operating differently at Leicester - thanks to our policy of holding onto everyone and everything - than they do at Burnley and Plymouth respectively. Would they have the same effect in a different operating environment? :mellow:

Tune in next time to find out. :ph34r:

Thats clearly RK's policy not the boards. " I didn't want Chris to go" "I didn't want to lose Gareth."

It was the club over ruled him and sold both of them.

Well aware of both of those facts :rolleyes:.

They're still in front of us, they both have less resources. They've also sold on their dead wood for money and spent wisely.

I'd like to remind you our game in hand is against Birmingham. Nill poit.

I confess I know little of their dealings, I don't pay much attention, but looking at the league we're not a million miles behind.

I do concede that Holloway and Cotterill have had good seasons each, although Holloway's did seem to take a turn for the worse around the time he started writing columns for the BBC (coincidence?) :ph34r:

But still... they've done quite well, they both got off to a good start (something we wish we'd done). With the benefit of hindsight, we could actually have been better off with either - but how were we to know Holloway's Plymouth would turn on the style and score goals for fun? :ph34r:lol;)

As for our game in hand, we could do Birmingham ... on our day. :mellow:

Keep the Faith!! ;)

Thats clearly RK's policy not the boards. " I didn't want Chris to go" "I didn't want to lose Gareth."

It was the club over ruled him and sold both of them.

I'm not so sure.

The board said no to the sale of Stearman.

They also fannied about over the sale of Maybury.

Two more saleable/valuable assets than a failed striker and a soon-to-be out of contract midfielder.

What you need to keep in mind with regards to RK is that he's a nice chap before anything else. He doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone. He's the players' friends. So, when he says nice things about a player heading for the exit - is he just being his usual nice self... or did he really want to keep a failed striker?

It's easier on him to say nice things about the player and make it look as if the board decided to sell over his head - the board are hardly going to refute that, are they? That'd just blow the whole façade. lol

Well it would have been nice to have him but I hope we don't get Les 'Miserable' Reed :ph34r:

That man won't return to management in the top three divisions. :ph34r:

Paul Ince has done a decent job at Macclesfield but the bloke will only use a Championship club like us as a stepping stone to bigger things. He still thinks he would be Inter Milan manager had he not left them FFS! He is out of his league and until he proves himself, he needs to shut up. Playing the race card to get a good job is also a disgrace as he keeps going on about black managers but not many ex-footballers want to be managers, even in the lower leagues or non-league. I hope he goes to Coventry and continues there downfall.

BTW Im sick of the "young talented manager" that we always seem to be linked to. Taylor, Adams and Levein have fooked things up in recent years and still we get linked to the likes Dowie, Cotterill and Holloway. I`d much prefer someone more experienced to come in like Glenn Hoddle myself. I know he has hardly done much in recent years but he did well with swindon and just drew far too many games with Wolves. Maybe he will be effective at us with some cash behind him?

Paul Ince has done a decent job at Macclesfield but the bloke will only use a Championship club like us as a stepping stone to bigger things. He still thinks he would be Inter Milan manager had he not left them FFS! He is out of his league and until he proves himself, he needs to shut up. Playing the race card to get a good job is also a disgrace as he keeps going on about black managers but not many ex-footballers want to be managers, even in the lower leagues or non-league. I hope he goes to Coventry and continues there downfall.

BTW Im sick of the "young talented manager" that we always seem to be linked to. Taylor, Adams and Levein have fooked things up in recent years and still we get linked to the likes Dowie, Cotterill and Holloway. I`d much prefer someone more experienced to come in like Glenn Hoddle myself. I know he has hardly done much in recent years but he did well with swindon and just drew far too many games with Wolves. Maybe he will be effective at us with some cash behind him?

What a TON of balls. Young talented managers get teams out of this division. Look at Billy Davies. Look at Paul Jewell, Aidy Boothroyd, Alan Pardew, Steve Bruce (at least the first time around), hell, even Adams and Dowie count, I guess.

Stepping stone? Who cares. If they want a bigger job they have to do well with us. It's to everyone's benefit. Martin O' Neill did it, and he's a legend.

I wouldn't put Ince in charge right now, of course, but if by the end of the season Macclesfield are mid-table or better then I'd hire him.

What a TON of balls. Young talented managers get teams out of this division. Look at Billy Davies. Look at Paul Jewell, Aidy Boothroyd, Alan Pardew, Steve Bruce (at least the first time around), hell, even Adams and Dowie count, I guess.

Stepping stone? Who cares. If they want a bigger job they have to do well with us. It's to everyone's benefit. Martin O' Neill did it, and he's a legend.

I wouldn't put Ince in charge right now, of course, but if by the end of the season Macclesfield are mid-table or better then I'd hire him.

Agree, I wouldn't want a manager that wasn't ambitious, it's the risk you take in any form of business enterprise. Are they likely to be any good if they are not at risk of moving on?

Archived