Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ikon_Klow

Dowie off to Coventry

Roy Keane has done ok at Sunderland?

Yeah he is doing OK with all that money but again if they dont go up, he`ll have a battle to take them up with all the relegated sides coming down and strength in the Championship. Next season is going to be a nightmare to get out of. :(

Go on then mate....

Who else are possible Leicester managers?

I hope that we dont go for someone like Megson (another great young manager who took a Midlands side up, I think twice??), Nigel Worthington also took Norwich up and is now out of work and may be linked? (again I hope not). Who is the best of the managers outside of the Premiership and Championship that could come to us?

Gary Johnson at Bristol City has them going. Seems a good man manager

So would I. I think he wouldhave done a good job but I dont think that would qualify him for being offered the job at Leicester City!

Maybe Ince will one day become a great manager but to be thinking of someone like him for us now IMO is lunacy as he hasnt been a manager for more than about 4 months. Its not like we are down and outs with no money or no future, we are talking about a championship club who have a great stadium and support who are about to have an investor who wants to get us back into the big time again.

It's no use spotting brilliant managers when they're established and everyone else has spotted em. The competition's too hot. The point about Ince is he's never been a workshy footballer, he's got skill, passion, appreciates good players and has had years of playing in the right place with the right style and with the right coaching. What better background could a bloke have?

I don't know if he's ready yet but I'd sure be finding out. I'd have been watching Macclesfield for weeks by now, and that includes their training sessions given chance.

I don't see what's wrong with RK personally. He does well with what you give him, his signings have been useful enough and he seems to be good with the squad. Personally I'd keep him in charge and maybe get a general manager in, someone with contacts and experience.

It's no use spotting brilliant managers when they're established and everyone else has spotted em. The competition's too hot. The point about Ince is he's never been a workshy footballer, he's got skill, passion, appreciates good players and has had years of playing in the right place with the right style and with the right coaching. What better background could a bloke have?

I don't know if he's ready yet but I'd sure be finding out. I'd have been watching Macclesfield for weeks by now, and that includes their training sessions given chance.

I know you love a young footballer mate, hyping them up as the next Rooneys and Ronaldos and kicking them out at the expense of players we have paid fees for but managers as well? Paul Ince has done little in his time at Macclesfield and the coin is definately in the air regarding how his career develops. Thats not to say he wont be a good/great manager one day but he isnt ready for a side that needs to challenge for the Championship. We need someone a bit more proven IMO.

As for being pro-active regarding young managers, I agree to a certain extent but we have to assess where the club will be at from 12pm tomorrow and I personally dont think we can afford to risk another unknown. Only one out of the last 5 young managers have achieved anything with this club. RK, Taylor, Adams and Levein didnt come upto scratch despite fitting the bill of "young, hungry and talented manager".

The thing is with all these clubs hiring young untried managers, it means plenty of experienced managers are unemployed. I`m not sure who of the Dalglishs, Grahams, Hoddles etc that I would want but personally I dont want another manager in place who hasnt achieved anything more than guiding a side into the premiership and back down or an untried manager at this level (look at Leeds United BTW!). I would finally like to add that Graham Taylor, Howard Wilkinson and Phil Neal needn`t apply!

I know you love a young footballer mate, hyping them up as the next Rooneys and Ronaldos and kicking them out at the expense of players we have paid fees for but managers as well? Paul Ince has done little in his time at Macclesfield and the coin is definately in the air regarding how his career develops. Thats not to say he wont be a good/great manager one day but he isnt ready for a side that needs to challenge for the Championship. We need someone a bit more proven IMO.

As for being pro-active regarding young managers, I agree to a certain extent but we have to assess where the club will be at from 12pm tomorrow and I personally dont think we can afford to risk another unknown. Only one out of the last 5 young managers have achieved anything with this club. RK, Taylor, Adams and Levein didnt come upto scratch despite fitting the bill of "young, hungry and talented manager".

The thing is with all these clubs hiring young untried managers, it means plenty of experienced managers are unemployed. I`m not sure who of the Dalglishs, Grahams, Hoddles etc that I would want but personally I dont want another manager in place who hasnt achieved anything more than guiding a side into the premiership and back down or an untried manager at this level (look at Leeds United BTW!). I would finally like to add that Graham Taylor, Howard Wilkinson and Phil Neal needn`t apply!

MM will stick with Kelly until the end of the season IMHO, but I can see him bringing in a 'Director of Football', someone with a bit more experience - reading between the lines of his 'I don't want to mess with the coaching staff' bit.

The risk of losing Championship status will be too great for MM to leave it completely to RK on his own.

MM has history of doing this before at Portsmouth (although Redknapp left over this!), and it might actually be a good thing.

Who would be good for DoF though?

Big Ron? lol

Good. Let's hope he can do really for Cov in League 1 :thumbup:

that would really make my season, happier days on the horizon for ourselves and relegation for cov. Just thinking, suppose we lose our next 5 games and go into the relegation positions, how do you think Milan would react? Obviously we are talking loan signings but just what calibre of player would he be prepared to fork out wages for if our championship status was under threat

MM will stick with Kelly until the end of the season IMHO, but I can see him bringing in a 'Director of Football', someone with a bit more experience - reading between the lines of his 'I don't want to mess with the coaching staff' bit.

The risk of losing Championship status will be too great for MM to leave it completely to RK on his own.

MM has history of doing this before at Portsmouth (although Redknapp left over this!), and it might actually be a good thing.

Who would be good for DoF though?

Big Ron? lol

Only if he brings Howard Wilkinson as his assistant and Graham Tayloe as Youth Team Coach :D

I couldn't care less who the CovScum's manager is as long as we beat them on Satdi! :thumbup:

We managed that one mate! :D

A press conference has been called for this morning where Dowie will be unveiled as Covscum manager. That is decent news for me as I didnt want him as our manager but unfortunately I reckon he`ll be good enough to keep them up this season.

We managed that one mate! :D

A press conference has been called for this morning where Dowie will be unveiled as Covscum manager. That is decent news for me as I didnt want him as our manager but unfortunately I reckon he`ll be good enough to keep them up this season.

Tbh i think anyone could keep them up this season, the bottom teams are woeful.

Tbh i think anyone could keep them up this season, the bottom teams are woeful.

Good old Inchy Heath was doing so well in helping to get them relegated. In there last 13 matches they had ammassed one win, 3 draws, 9 losses. Another month and they would have had it!

Definitely not bothered about Dowie at Coventry. It's actually a relief. What has Dowie done anyway. Any success as a manager? Give him 18 months at Cov - maximum

He's done one thing as manager - took Palace from about 19th to the play-offs and luckily into the Premiership in half a season.

He's been living on that 'success' ever since. :whistle:

Needless to say, his next promotion campaign was over the course of a full season, and he only managed to amass two extra points over the previous such campaign (when he only had half a season to do it!). lol

He's done one thing as manager - took Palace from about 19th to the play-offs and luckily into the Premiership in half a season.

He's been living on that 'success' ever since. :whistle:

Needless to say, his next promotion campaign was over the course of a full season, and he only managed to amass two extra points over the previous such campaign (when he only had half a season to do it!). lol

Well done, you've again demonstrated your lack of knowledge as far as football is concearned, again.

Archived