Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Fosse City 4 - 0 Burton Overy Bell

Fosse got back to winning ways with a professional team display over bottom of the league Burton Overy.

Both Carter boys got on the scoresheet as they look to bind a formidable partnership up front, aswel as a Dawkins tap in and a Chicko finish!

2nd in the table !!

we drew 1-1 with Lough foxes last season Durnerz they aren't that impressive.

today we won 2-1 with myself scoring a late late winner with my left foot. a hard and low drive creeped under the keepers leg as he dived the wrong way. we took the lead early on against the run of play via a david flannery goal. we then hold on 'till HT with Cooper (me) making a few good saves and Codpiece hitting a post and rebounding out. Olly Rayns stepped into goal in the 2nd half for Cooper to come out and play the free role, Old School started off well playing the better passing and possesion football but could not find a way through. then Codpiece hit on the attack and almost scored, but in this Wilcox ran into his own area to block a shot giving away a penalty. Rayns could not save from close range. the game up untill the last 2 mins was again played in the middle of the park with neither sides having chances, Cooper was put a short pass but he tried to turn the player but was judged to have fouled. from the free kick the ball went out for an Old School throw in which Greenham roled it up the line, again Cooper turned and took 1 touch infront of him, running onto it he lashed it low with his left foot taking the score to 2-1 to Old School with 1 minute left. Codpiece came on the attack but Chris Marris hoofed the ball at the 1st oppurtunity. they soon came back but Cooper did the same and the ref blew up. closest game so far considering Codpiece are bottom of the league.

also spotted Parsons in goal as i drove off.

oh dear......

i lost count after awile but i think it was.... FC hangover 7-1 The A-Team

we even had a full squad today :(

but then again i guess they are the best team in division 1

things can only get better for the A-Team

unlucky mate. we were without our most talented player who is the striker but we managed to pull through and win. where abouts does this leave you in your league? we must be atleast 3rd, depends on other results today but our goal difference is -6 cos last week when i was at the city game my team lost 10-2 to TRU (the team at the top) and we had a 9 yr old playing.

we drew 1-1 with Lough foxes last season Durnerz they aren't that impressive.

today we won 2-1 with myself scoring a late late winner with my left foot. a hard and low drive creeped under the keepers leg as he dived the wrong way. we took the lead early on against the run of play via a david flannery goal. we then hold on 'till HT with Cooper (me) making a few good saves and Codpiece hitting a post and rebounding out. Olly Rayns stepped into goal in the 2nd half for Cooper to come out and play the free role, Old School started off well playing the better passing and possesion football but could not find a way through. then Codpiece hit on the attack and almost scored, but in this Wilcox ran into his own area to block a shot giving away a penalty. Rayns could not save from close range. the game up untill the last 2 mins was again played in the middle of the park with neither sides having chances, Cooper was put a short pass but he tried to turn the player but was judged to have fouled. from the free kick the ball went out for an Old School throw in which Greenham roled it up the line, again Cooper turned and took 1 touch infront of him, running onto it he lashed it low with his left foot taking the score to 2-1 to Old School with 1 minute left. Codpiece came on the attack but Chris Marris hoofed the ball at the 1st oppurtunity. they soon came back but Cooper did the same and the ref blew up. closest game so far considering Codpiece are bottom of the league.

also spotted Parsons in goal as i drove off.

They never gave us any room to pass about so credit to them for that, couldnt grip the ball at all as the surface was skiddy and i seemed a yard slow today. Ah well, bring on the next game.

They never gave us any room to pass about so credit to them for that, couldnt grip the ball at all as the surface was skiddy and i seemed a yard slow today. Ah well, bring on the next game.

is this 11 a side or 6 a side

i wore my mouldys today and it seemed alot grippier, i recomennd it if you dont already wear any type of studs! it was 6 a side sparky. i feel this thread has room for both kinds?

yeah they are a tight team but when we played them they were flying high at the top of the league, we asked that ref who was good for them but none of them shone. we could have won it. i'd like to organise friendlys against durnerz team and parsons team but the place is only open for 2 hours and its rammed.

i wore my mouldys today and it seemed alot grippier, i recomennd it if you dont already wear any type of studs! it was 6 a side sparky. i feel this thread has room for both kinds?

yeah they are a tight team but when we played them they were flying high at the top of the league, we asked that ref who was good for them but none of them shone. we could have won it. i'd like to organise friendlys against durnerz team and parsons team but the place is only open for 2 hours and its rammed.

Yeah that would be cool to have a friendly, i'm sure one could be arranged at the end of the season.

They seemed content to just keep knocking it out of play and kicking us etc we usually are a great attacking side but we couldnt seem to find the final ball.......or any ball for that matter :ermm:

true enough they were pretty rough and from what i recall they look like a bunch of pikeys too? i remember that skinhead striker missed an open net after i pulled off a save and it came to him he blazed it over the bar and onto the road. lol.

true enough they were pretty rough and from what i recall they look like a bunch of pikeys too? i remember that skinhead striker missed an open net after i pulled off a save and it came to him he blazed it over the bar and onto the road. lol.

lol Yeah thats a pretty fair assessment.

Had a bloke in my back all first half who looked like a bald Brian "Killer" Kilcline lol although going into the first challenge with him hard and taking him across the shins did little to aid relations between us lol

Enjoyed the physical battles but couldnt play my normal game.

next week we are due to play AC Toluca at 4:00pm. they beat us 9-0 in our first ever game there (thats our excuse for the result, we just didnt know the rules etc!). imo they are currently the top team in div 2 although not taking maximum points they will be hard to beat. bonus is they are forest fans so i will enjoy kicking them about lol. should be an interesting game.

i wasnt having a pop mate i was just interested as i read most these reports every week , just wanted to know a bit more info

nah thats alright. just thought you might be wondering if we could create our own thread for 6 a side. 6 a side is ok for now, would love to get into an 11 a side team again, but i still want my best mates by my side. does anyone know how to go about registering a team in a local league? leicester area ofcourse.

nah thats alright. just thought you might be wondering if we could create our own thread for 6 a side. 6 a side is ok for now, would love to get into an 11 a side team again, but i still want my best mates by my side. does anyone know how to go about registering a team in a local league? leicester area ofcourse.

yeah my side did it in the summer and the fosse lads the year before . start getting people interested now then start writing letters to leagues about january time . if u need any more info then just pm me mate

Fosse City 4 - 0 Burton Overy Bell

Fosse got back to winning ways with a professional team display over bottom of the league Burton Overy.

Both Carter boys got on the scoresheet as they look to bind a formidable partnership up front, aswel as a Dawkins tap in and a Chicko finish!

2nd in the table !!

and with game in hand to go top as legion drew with hat and beaver yesterday

Archived