Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really want to play some form of league football before I get too old and regret never trying. I dunno if I'd be up to standard or not though, I play indoor 4-a-side every week and do alright but I dunno, I hate the thought of everyone looking at you as you try out for a team for the first time haha.

I really want to play some form of league football before I get too old and regret never trying. I dunno if I'd be up to standard or not though, I play indoor 4-a-side every week and do alright but I dunno, I hate the thought of everyone looking at you as you try out for a team for the first time haha.

Never too late. Loughborough academicals who we played last week had a 63 year old playing!

• 4 weeks later...

It is the Joe Tebbutt! Alright bud?

Yeh great season really, not played for the latter parts due to the manager being an absolute willy puller. Think he's leaving though in the summer. We've a good side though. Won the cup last year too. Kendo left n joined Ashby Lamb, Sams moved to Oz til October, so dunno whether you'd know anyone else.

Are you looking?

Im good mate, away for a few more weeks with work but I'm alreet! Im not sure whether I'm looking or not mate, need to get back and see, i was playing for snarestone globe to help them out, got to the county cup final and lost woefully (i wasn't playing tho as i was away) manager made me captain so i'd feel bad just ditching them but ill see what their plans are and let you know mate! You playing saturdays?

Im good mate, away for a few more weeks with work but I'm alreet! Im not sure whether I'm looking or not mate, need to get back and see, i was playing for snarestone globe to help them out, got to the county cup final and lost woefully (i wasn't playing tho as i was away) manager made me captain so i'd feel bad just ditching them but ill see what their plans are and let you know mate! You playing saturdays?

sound. cant vouch you'd get a game. the manager seems to be leaving the best players out, (not just me) but I'm hopeful of him fking off!

No its sunday mornings mate. Saturdays are for City!

Hope works going well!

I'm interested in getting back into sunday footy next season, not played for about 5 years and that was for cossington royal oak, anybody know of anyone localish to Ratby

Cossington are still going, although the setup has changed a bit this year.

Anybody interested playing on saturdays next season?

possibly, although due to commitements with my kids, I can only play every other week, which I assume is not enough for most decent level clubs??? My last saturday playing efforts was for Ellistown when they were in the Premier League of the Senior league. I then went to play for heather but burst a disc in my spine before the season (this was back in 2008)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have much experience with Church league football? What's the standard like?

I really want to play 11-a-side before I get old and decrepit and regret having never bothered. I think I'm decent, quick feet and pace and will get stuck in. I don't know what my position is or anything but I'd love to have a go at defensive mid, I think my work rate would suit the position well.

I have a couple of mates who play for a church side and might ask to join, in fact I definitely will, just want a bit of heads up on the league.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a long shot but our team in the Hinckley league (div1) need a keeper for next season (Sunday's) if anyone or knows anyone that is interested let me know! Our keeper has decided to move to Essex (blooming girlfriends!)

Archived