Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

cheers for playing for us anyway syston, we would rather take the 13-2 loss (i think) rather than being kicked out the league for not paying. TBH tho the 2 lads in defence were shockingly bad lol sorry, but they were beaten so easily. Bu tthen even if we had a full team would of lost about 4-0 anyway.

dave buckerage, who is usually are lone defender did well today by scoring 2 goals. (tend to play the good old 1-3-1 formation lol

chris, why not join the A-Team. chris smith used to play for us back in the good old days before him and 2 of are other players (Josh Hood-Simpkin and Dave Maud) left to form Burleigh Ham Utd.

in total we have 5 players, but one rarely shows any more, and as your team only has 3 regulars (smithy, alex and yourself). With 7/8 players in a team we will be guarenteed 6 players every game and also have subs. also as there will be more players, you wont need to pay so much every week.

olly (number 8) and andrew (number 10) are quite decent on their day, just i guess they couldnt be bothered. i tried to put in a bit of effort for you lot but those 2 didnt seem 2 care. i feel sorry for your goal diference, as my teams is so bad itself. but there may possibly be no more team.

today i was expecting 6 of our lads to turn up, but we got 8 ! and part the reason our team is falling apart, is that we havent worked out a rota for the subs and stuff. at the beginning of the 2nd half we had 8 on the field, and i wasnt going off after coming out of goal. i only go in goal the 1st half so i am almost guaranteed the whole of the 2nd half on pitch, and i feel i am a player who can change the game if i am a bit further up the pitch but i can also defend to hold a lead. im a bit of an all rounder come 6 - a - side. if its gone down the pan for us though its back to mountsorrel soar valley gym astroturf each sunday for a kick a bout, a bit of double and single cuppies will be good enough for us. its only £15 for an hour! lol cheaper than £20 for 30 mins on a sunday at loughborough. i was considering creating an proper league team for a 11 a side league but i havent got round to finding out any info yet. i'd have 7,8 or 9 of my mates then i'd have to advertise here or other sites / papers to find players. not sure if its worth it. anyway cheers for the game mate it was a nice warm up and good to play against some harder opposition, the team you played today were fast on and off the ball.

cheers for playing for us anyway syston, we would rather take the 13-2 loss (i think) rather than being kicked out the league for not paying. TBH tho the 2 lads in defence were shockingly bad lol sorry, but they were beaten so easily. Bu tthen even if we had a full team would of lost about 4-0 anyway.

dave buckerage, who is usually are lone defender did well today by scoring 2 goals. (tend to play the good old 1-3-1 formation lol

chris, why not join the A-Team. chris smith used to play for us back in the good old days before him and 2 of are other players (Josh Hood-Simpkin and Dave Maud) left to form Burleigh Ham Utd.

in total we have 5 players, but one rarely shows any more, and as your team only has 3 regulars (smithy, alex and yourself). With 7/8 players in a team we will be guarenteed 6 players every game and also have subs. also as there will be more players, you wont need to pay so much every week.

I'll see mate, will have to have a word with Chris and Alex before anythings decided.

i didnt go to my match today, at around 12pm i was told that 2 of are players could not show up again :mad:

so we only had 3 people again. so i thought sod it im not paying £15 to cover for those that didnt show, we will just take the 5-0 loss and hope we dont get kicked out :(

so Durnerz and Syston how did your matches go?

Burton Ovary Bell 1 - 6 Fosse City

A Rampant Fosse recorded an 8th League victory and a 4th win in a row.

An own goal started the preceedings at Rob Hillsdons (hillsdonator) through ball found Ryan Dawkins (Cat_Burger) whose cross got deflected over the advancing keeper.

Makeshift striker Craig Carter then produced a sublime brace after a free kcik and a solo run to make it 3-0 half time.

Burton had a sniff of a chance when they caught Fosse off guard for only fosse's 7th conceded goal in the league.

Three substitutions soon followed and the dividends paid off with 3 corners from Martin Wigley produced finishes from Tom Measures (Tomassi), Ian Hickling and Matty Smith to finish the scores as 6-1 to the away side.

Fosse currently occupy second spot, 3 points ahead of 3rd place and 2 points behind League Leaders Legion with a game in hand.

i didnt go to my match today, at around 12pm i was told that 2 of are players could not show up again :mad:

so we only had 3 people again. so i thought sod it im not paying £15 to cover for those that didnt show, we will just take the 5-0 loss and hope we dont get kicked out :(

so Durnerz and Syston how did your matches go?

Not totally sure but I think

AHAG 9-3 Burleigh Ham United

Having only 5 players Burleigh were never favourites to get anything out of this game against a superb counter attacking side in AHAG who made their openings count.

Having only attacking outfield players Burleigh Midfielder Chris Durning dropped to the back to attempt to wether the storm on the Burleigh goal, A hat trick from Alex a decent reply from Burleigh who never gave up but looked tired as AHAG attacked ferociously.

There is talk in the camp of Burleigh merging with the A team, watch this space....

Channel 4 news team 8 - Old School 0

we were playing the top team today, and seemed to be on top for the 1st 10 mins or so with the score at 0-0 and playing the better football. but they hit us on the break and with a poor shot that creaped between our keepers legs (which wasnt me for once!) opened the flood gates.

we just couldnt pass after this, heads dropped and our players got lazy. we condeded another 3 before the break.

their keeper then came onto the pitch and ran riot. he was fast, skillfull and big. like most of their playrs. it was soon 7-0 a and we finally got an attack, andrew played the ball in to olly who flicked it past a defender and i was waiting on the edge of their box 2 volley it in side footed. ref called no goal as it was "head height" even though ollys flick went past the defenders shoulder and i think even they knew, and they were 7-0 up we just wanted 1 goal to our name. the ref today was good xcept for that. wish he would be there again. onwards and upwards 2 next week, Gang Green FC a team we have beat 3-2 on the 1st game of season. good luck next week guys. report soon!

Durnerz, i really think we have 2 join up now. But we will have too many ppl.

at the moment we have:

Me (Oliver Parsons)

Dave Buckerage

Dale Stilman (could be dropped easily if we had too many ppl lol)

Josh

James Daw (rarely shows now because he works on sundays)

Durnerz, i really think we have 2 join up now. But we will have too many ppl.

at the moment we have:

Me (Oliver Parsons)

Dave Buckerage

Dale Stilman (could be dropped easily if we had too many ppl lol)

Josh

James Daw (rarely shows now because he works on sundays)

Depends really mate as Usually its me,Chris and Alex who show every week so add that to your 3 and thats a garaunteed 6 every week, i'm not doing what we did yesterday and play with 5 and get pissed on, would sooner we have a full squad. Talk to Smith about it mate, I just show up and play, bit unfair of me to say "well these people dont turn up every week like us, they shouldnt play etc" take it up with him mate.

Burton Ovary Bell 1 - 6 Fosse City

A Rampant Fosse recorded an 8th League victory and a 4th win in a row.

An own goal started the preceedings at Rob Hillsdons (hillsdonator) through ball found Ryan Dawkins (Cat_Burger) whose cross got deflected over the advancing keeper.

Makeshift striker Craig Carter then produced a sublime brace after a free kcik and a solo run to make it 3-0 half time.

Burton had a sniff of a chance when they caught Fosse off guard for only fosse's 7th conceded goal in the league.

Three substitutions soon followed and the dividends paid off with 3 corners from Martin Wigley produced finishes from Tom Measures (Tomassi), Ian Hickling and Matty Smith to finish the scores as 6-1 to the away side.

Fosse currently occupy second spot, 3 points ahead of 3rd place and 2 points behind League Leaders Legion with a game in hand.

I think you'll find it was my woeful shot which was deflected in ! Not sure that I should admit to it but hey if u cant laugh at urself :ph34r::D

Thought about it ! Craig gave me evils when I laughed said 'can I claim that !?!'

Wish I could tho, that cheating linesman disallowed a goal from me in both games, the git :devil:

You are older than him, knock him out! :ph34r:

oh smeg...... the A-Team have been kicked out the league for not showing up lol

oh wel chris, we are just gona show up at 3:00 for your game and try and sort out the hole joining up thing

lol So how come Phantom Menace weren't kicked out for doing the same to you? :huh:

Welcome to our team!

we didnt tell them that we wernt going to show up - thats why they kicked us.

should be fun on sunday although we are against the best team in the league, the team that beat us 16-2 lol (but we did have 3 of systons lads playing though, no offence syston lol)

we didnt tell them that we wernt going to show up - thats why they kicked us.

should be fun on sunday although we are against the best team in the league, the team that beat us 16-2 lol (but we did have 3 of systons lads playing though, no offence syston lol)

Ah fock. Ah well, come on Burleigh!! I'm feeling good about today actually,first time i'm playing in Blades as its looking a bit wet today.

Burleigh 0-3 FC Hangover

A great display of passing and movement from FC Hangover was just too much for Burleigh this afternoon as they were comfortably beaten.

Burleigh showed some decent touches and passes at times combined with a couple of rare efforts on goal, the future looks bright...

Archived