Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Can't bloody wait to face you boys Spark, how are you shaping up? Good results,how are the performances?

playing pretty well mate , not defending too well at the mo though

The Difference 2 - 2 - Wigston Utd

A damn good result considering we had Ady Crayne, Jamie Jeyes, little Jim, Budgie and a couple of other players out.

We went 1-0 up after about 20 minutes through a good goal from Deano and then played pretty well until half time.

15 minutes into the second half they snatch a scrappy goal from a corner and 5 minutes later they've been awarded a soft penalty. So we were 2-1 down with about 20ish minutes left.

10 minutes left I managed to pounce on a bit of hesitation from the centre back, find myself 20 yards out running at goal so I just hit it. Not the greatest of strikes but it was enough to beat the keeper.

From then on we had a few chances to get a winner, but 2-2 is a result we were all pretty chuffed with

FOSSE WIN DRAMATIC CUP ENCOUNTER ON PENALTIES

Serder Erez made 2 awesome saves, one of which eclipsed the Seaman/McAllister 96 penalty.

Fosse giving deserved starts to TheHillsdonator and Scowy, started as they meant to carry on from last weeks 5-2 thrashing of todays opponents Hat and Beaver. Neat football from the fosse soon ensued but the final ball never came as the Beavers took full advantage to nip in at half time 1-0.

Dawkins (cat_burger), who had a perfectly good goal ruled offside, came off for Tomassi at half time as Fosse's only change.

Fosse picked up the pace in the second half and scored two goals through Tomassi after some good team work.

The Referee then gave the Beavers a goal as he judged it to go over the line despite a clearance by Josh Richards.

Extra Time and Richards superbly side footed into the net. with 5 minuted to go Beaver equalised and penalties it was

Wayne Carter, Sam Cobley (Cobbo) and Craig Carter all put their penalties away and Fosse went through after two oustanding saves!!

Tomassi and Richards missed :huh: but not downhearted due to Erezs miracles.

Well done the Fosse!!

Wish i wasthere to see that one!!

Twas a good game, its always good getting one over on a team like that. They never stopped whinging from start to finish again!

A well battled victory lads - keep it up! :D

Twas a good game, its always good getting one over on a team like that. They never stopped whinging from start to finish again!

A well battled victory lads - keep it up! :D

Too right! :D

Was a great effort by the team today and Mark and Rob can be very pleased with their performances in their first starts of the season.

Cracking saves by Sid in the shoot out :D Love it!

• 2 weeks later...

Burleigh 6-3 Some team of Chavs

Sublime display of finishing was exhibited in this thrilling contest in which the fans got value for money. Burleigh were one down shortly after some heavy pressure resulted in them being caught on the break. However they battled back to come back 3-1 at the break with Chris Durning (me) getting his second in as many games for Burleigh.

The mood turned ugly as Durning provoked a confrontation with an opposing player who thought Durning was attempting to influence the referee resulting in a dirty display of kicking and foul language from the opposing team to which Burleigh responded with 3 more goals.

i now created a team at loughborough uni astro sunday. check out www.leisureleagues.net its only 6 a side. me and my mates were going to sort out a 11 a side team but half of them went off 2 uni. how good are you lot? you seem to think of yourselves very highly and take it amazingly serious. maybe i'll have to watch sometime.

i now created a team at loughborough uni astro sunday. check out www.leisureleagues.net its only 6 a side. me and my mates were going to sort out a 11 a side team but half of them went off 2 uni. how good are you lot? you seem to think of yourselves very highly and take it amazingly serious. maybe i'll have to watch sometime.

Its only Sunday League but we all love it hence all the stuff on this site :P

Check out more details on www.allianceleague.co.uk

As you might have guessed Sparky is our friendly rival :P

If you want a trial sometime log on to www.fossecity.co.uk :cool:

Got a second trial for my uni team tonight, scored 1 set up 1 and hit the bar yesterday in a 2-0 trial win. So that's 90 mins on sun an hour yesterday and an hour today :( knackered.

Theres 4 teams anyway so hopefully I'll get in one.

Broomhurst Halls 6-4 Oxford Court

Played our first league game for Man Met Halls teams today and we won the game in horrendous conditions. I opened the scoring after poor goalkeeping and strike partner James lobbed the keeper to make it 2-0. They pulled 1 back midway through the first half but after robbing the defender i calmly slot home from 20yards out.

HALF TIME

The 2nd half starts disasterously (sp) with Oxford Court scoring twice early on but centre half Matt makes it 4-3. Another defensive cock up lets them equalise again. We then win a penalty and on a hat trick i decide to take it. The worst penalty i have ever taken then rolls to the keeper, who slips over and chucks it in :D. James then takes a wonder free kick to guarentee the 3points.

FOSSE CITY 6-0 Crown Services

Good game today..

..in particular Cat_Burger was playing out of his skin today for the first time he had confidence taking 2/3 players on at a time easily man of the match for me! Playign against better opposition in the trials must have put you in good stead ryan??

We missed cobbo in midfield today hope he returns next week!

5 different scorers!!!

Loughborough Uni Astro Sunday - Leisure Leagues 6 - a - side

today was the re-start of the season with a few new sides entering the league. the first game in division two to kick off was Old School (my team) vs Farcelona.

Jacob Cooper (me) the captain started the 1st half in goal with a new player Andrew Smith starting on the bench, Farcelona started strong with good posession but couldnt finish and Cooper made a few fine fingertip saves to deny them. Then Old School hit on the break with Amari Chambers passing it through to Adam Wilcox who cooly slotted home. things started to sway Old Schools way and Wilcox scored another only to have it disalowed because he was judged to be in the area. 2 minutes later Old School did go 2-0 up as Matt Greenham and Amari linked up well with Amari finishing with a sweet strike. Half Time and Old School comfortably 2-0 up. Andrew Smith replaced Adam Wilcox at the interval and Olly Rayns replaced Cooper in goal, for Cooper to go in defence. Farcelona came on the attack playing a lot of wing play and coming in with a few shots that went wide. not troubling the new keeper Rayns. Old School then went forward and were given a free kick for a bad slide tackle on David Flannery. he proceded to pick himself up and Smash it high into the small goal. usually Free Kicks are "indirect" but Dave's idea was for it to take a hit off a bloke in the wall or the keeper, the keeper got a finger to it so the goal stood. 3-0 old school. at this point Farcelona upped there game and came on the attack with some heavy pressure. Amari hobbled off to be replaced by Wilcox. Wilcox had to play defensive as we were under alot of pressure. Farcelona's pressure finnally payed off with them getting a lucky goal which Rayns could not hold onto, it slipped under his body and in. Old School realised they were being presurised so played possesion football in the middle of the park, then Cooper went forward taking on a few players, passed it wide to Smith who hit it 1st time but it went just wide. from the resulting goal kick Smith received the ball again after a scrappy tackle and snap shot just low and wide of the far post. he deserved a goal so far. for the next few minutes it was end to end stuff with nothing much happening when Cooper picked up the ball in his own half, took 1 player on via pace and cut inside another man, he shaped to curl it into the bottom right corner, it was a sweet curling strike but the goalie got a finger to it, hit the outside of the post and went for a corner. the corner was poor and allowed Farcelona to break, Greenham found himself with 4 attackers on 1 defender, the ball was passed wide and then across the goal to their right winger who smashed it home from a tight angle. not much Rayns could do this time. nothing much happened in the remaining seconds and the ref blew for full time

Old School 3 - Farcelona 2

Old School having the 1st fixture go top of the league but not for long as the game straight after saw AC Toluca smash Flash in the Pan 6-0. 3 pts for Old School and they held on well.

btw its only 6 a side but its still good. check out www.leisureleagues.net for more info!

Archived