Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Fosse City 2-1 EFC

Bit of a grind result for us.. up against it at 2-1 but we kept going and a wonderstrike from James Knight, with Wayne Carter adding a late second provided the win for Fosse

Fosse now waiting to hear from other results in the table to see if they are top!

I thought that was you, i was going to say hello but if it wasnt you i would of looked stupid lol

next week its... 4.00 The A-Team vs Phantom Menace

haha you saw me take a pasting. well today my lads are playing at 3:30, only 4 confirmed to turn up so may have to nick a few lads from around the pitch lol. if i see you today i'll say hi. even better you could go in goal for us :D

3:300 pm Old School VS Flash In The Pan

Old School turned up looking de-flated with only 5 out of a possible 9 1st teamers. we were forced to ask a guy from Codpiece DC play for us. we had to switch a few positions around as we had no real striker. i was the man un-fortunate enough to play up front.

the game was scrappy in the 1st half with no real chances and neither keeper being troubled. again in the 2nd half it looked like it was destined to end 0-0 untill F-I-T-p got a lucky break and scored with 5 mins left. Old Schools heads went down and there was no way back into it. then F-I-t-p got another breakaway goal. 2-0 to the poorer team in a poor game. F-I-T-p's goalie kept them in it though with a few fine stops. as the final whislte was about to blow the ball was played down the line by Olly rayns to me where i turned the player but was caught by his studs on my ankle. a career ending challenge and nothing given. my knee was twisted and i stayed down for a good few mins untill i hobbled off after the final whistle. a poor performance by both teams. nobody deserved the win. hoping for better next week with a full strength team.

'Ave it 5-2 Burleigh Ham United

A good start from Burleigh was not continued as a combination of shocking refereeing decisions and some superb counter attacking from 'Ave it ended any chance of a Burleigh Result.

The game started well for Burleigh, Attacking midfielder Chris Durning (Me) back after two week away from action scored on his return after a shot off the post.

'Ave it replied almost immediatly with a shot squeezed under the keepers body to level the scores.

Burleigh then found themselves 2-1 up with Alex slotting a cool one on one to the side of the helpless Goalkeeper.

It was all downhill then for Burleigh as the game turned on a decision from the poor Referee. A dubious throw in was given to 'Ave it and with Burleigh having commited many forward in the knowledge it was theirs, 'ave it then took the advantage and scored leaving Burleigh fuming.

Burleigh heads then went down as 'ave it scored 3 more goals to finish the game off.

so im not the only one in thinking the refereeing is shocking. especially that nancy boy with long hair who thinks he is god. cheeky arsehole. the only decent one is the one who looks like a woman. i think opposition players could help by being a bit more sporting, when they know its your throw or corner etc yet still take it cos the ref said so.

saw Parsons in goal not doing much but i had to hit off fast so couldnt talk to him.

The A-Team 5-0 Phantom Menace

Phantom menace failed to turn up so we were given an automatic win.

IF they did show then we would of lost as we were missing 2 of are players and had to borrow 2 players from loughborough foxes for the friendly game (not sure who we played in the freindly)

we lost 3-1 in the friendly, but then we wernt really trying :rolleyes:

ive never had a no-show we could of done with 1 2day. we were awfull. next week i think we play the team at the top of the league. the team who beat the team who beat us 8-1 and 9-0. i have a feeling we are done for. i think its called Channel 4 news team? they in div 1 last season Parsons?

so im not the only one in thinking the refereeing is shocking. especially that nancy boy with long hair who thinks he is god. cheeky arsehole. the only decent one is the one who looks like a woman. i think opposition players could help by being a bit more sporting, when they know its your throw or corner etc yet still take it cos the ref said so.

saw Parsons in goal not doing much but i had to hit off fast so couldnt talk to him.

This one was a woman mate,she didnt know shit, i'd blast it against their player and she'd give them a throw,and likewise,i'd toe it out and she'd give us the throw :blink:

Both sides were going mad at her. The long haired bloke has been ok when we've had him.

never seen a bird there. u sure it was a bird? theres a guy who usually refs on pitch 1 who looks like a woman but is a guy. lol.

the long haired bloke is a cocky ****er. i didnt mind him untill last week we played AC Toluca, he knew them by 1st names, gave them everything and at some points helped them out. im not saying we would have got a better result with a better ref but he is god awful

never seen a bird there. u sure it was a bird? theres a guy who usually refs on pitch 1 who looks like a woman but is a guy. lol.

the long haired bloke is a cocky ****er. i didnt mind him untill last week we played AC Toluca, he knew them by 1st names, gave them everything and at some points helped them out. im not saying we would have got a better result with a better ref but he is god awful

Yeah it was a woman,the one who looks like Nils eric Johansson when he had long hair and hes a bit shorter, thats a bloke, this one had a hat on and glasses and she lost the plot completely.

mind you, div 1 play on the middle pitch. i hate that pitch the goals are shit. if you hit the post the goal goes flying a mile.

I know, thats the pitch we play on, when I scored i put the goal back near the fence lol

Perfer the other Pitches really, goals are bigger

I dont see why division 2 have a better pitch than divison 1 :mad:

The best ref is the money collector.

The one that looks like a girl is pretty good.

The one that shows off all the time (Marco) is crep because he doesnt even watch the games hes refing, sometimes on the website you see that the results are wrong aswel, thats because Marco doesnt even keep the score.

sometimes new refs show up but they tend to only show up for a few weeks, most of them tend to be crap and are scared of the players, but there are some good ones.

Phantom Menace Vs what looks to be a very depleated Burleigh Ham United side. (K.O:4pm)

Reports to follow....

Phantom Menace 0-0 Burleigh

Phantom Menace struggled to break through the wall that was Parsons in our goal as Burleigh earned a hard faught draw.

With only two members of the Burleigh team showing up replacements were brought in late and did a superb job to earn Burleigh the point.

Burleigh counter attacked mainly and could have stolen it on 2-3 occasions through their forwards but couldn't find the final ball or finish at times.

Credit to the work rate of the lads today. Special mention to Parsons heroics in our goal, top stuff mate! Thanks a lot.

i'd just like to say sorry to Parsons for myself and my team-mates performances playing for his side earlier today. to begin with A-Team took the lead (although they had only 3 players so me and 2 of my lads joined in) we just couldnt get the ball to one another and were soon 8 or 9-1 down at HT. i decided to push up in the 2nd half and play as a striker, i did some zany mazy runs at one point taking on 3 players, megging 1 and then back healing it to "buckeridge"? who was further up the pitch. the final score was probably 20-2 to the other side. Parsons could do little as they seemed to have 3 strikers and were very quick.

in my own game it was Old School VS NewTeam. the newteam were wearing blue strip and the game started even but with Old Schools defence looking shaky, with Cooper (me) making 2 saves both with my feet. soon after they took a shot which was going str8 at me and it was deflected into the bottom corner of the net 1 - 0 newteam. again the game became even with old school making a few chances but nothing came of it, this allowed newteam to break and pass the ball to the right where the striker blasted it under me for their 2nd of the game. HT soon came around and i came onto the pitch. our midfielder Chris Marris was very fired up and he started to go in hard, i stepped in the way of one player as he tried to run back and he fell to the floor, team mates were incensced. they decided to take it out on me by trying to go hard on me but could never take me down, i ran onto a ball from Wilcox down the line, turned the defender and shot left footed only for it to go straight at the keeper and come back to me, i shot again left footed but it sliced wide. our best chance of the game. again players were going in hard on me and others by now. newteam missed a few easy chances with Rayns making an out standing save in a 1 v 1 situation. towards the end i really saw red and just kicked a player in attempt to get the ball, he passed it back to the goalie but it was short, i tried to dive in with my foot to steer it goal-boand but the goalie had come out and i almost ended up in his lap. when i got up he started to push me but i just told him to F**K off the little woman (he was a **** villa fan). at this point i decided i'd gone too far and walked off myself. if i'd carry on i might have hurt someone. so another 2 - 0 loss and a few Old Schoolers look like they are dropping out, whether i am there next week remains to be seen. talks will be held.

cheers for playing for us anyway syston, we would rather take the 13-2 loss (i think) rather than being kicked out the league for not paying. TBH tho the 2 lads in defence were shockingly bad lol sorry, but they were beaten so easily. Bu tthen even if we had a full team would of lost about 4-0 anyway.

dave buckerage, who is usually are lone defender did well today by scoring 2 goals. (tend to play the good old 1-3-1 formation lol

chris, why not join the A-Team. chris smith used to play for us back in the good old days before him and 2 of are other players (Josh Hood-Simpkin and Dave Maud) left to form Burleigh Ham Utd.

in total we have 5 players, but one rarely shows any more, and as your team only has 3 regulars (smithy, alex and yourself). With 7/8 players in a team we will be guarenteed 6 players every game and also have subs. also as there will be more players, you wont need to pay so much every week.

Archived