Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

old school go down 6-2 to Gang Green FC. old schools goalie didnt turn up untill 5 minutes into the game and by this time the stand in (Shabz) had let in 4, mainly by throwing the ball out to them and they scored. then Dave went in goal and let another 1 in before the half was up. with this Old School started to play some football in the 2nd half, we had the better possesion but couldnt really find our way as a unit up their end of the pitch as I was left stranded up front. i intercepted a strange backpass but blazed it wide, should have burried it and got us back into the game. then a moment later the ball worked it way to me on the right, i heard screams of "HIT IT!!!" so i did, the ball deflected up and off the bar into the net off a defender. 5-1! a goal is what we needed then we played some decent stuff but the final ball wouldnt go thru with Andy Smith and Dave Flannery failing to put me thru on goal. dave then played a long ball up the line which i latched onto with no defence in sight, took 2 touches and slotted it into the net. 5-2 still. with 2 minutes to go Gang Green got hold of the ball and one of the strikers blasted it at the goal, no stopping it. 6-2 and the final whistle was blown. poor result, could have won & should have focused more in the 1st 5 mins. atleast i scored twice and the team registered its 1st goal in 3 games!

Oh yeah Fosse beat Walsh Uk 5-4 in extra time in the County Cup so they are in the quarter finals now. Goals from Chicko,2, Josh, Captain Craig and birthday boy Martin won a hard fought game full of errors.

Well done lads :D

Oh yeah Fosse beat Walsh Uk 5-4 in extra time in the County Cup so they are in the quarter finals now. Goals from Chicko,2, Josh, Captain Craig and birthday boy Martin won a hard fought game full of errors.

Well done lads :D

That's the best summary you'll get I think, spot on!

The ref was a cock end and I managed to nearly get 'sent to the changing rooms' as a supporter! :D:blush:

Also, they had one player sent off for the worst tackle I've seen in Sunday league football, total disgrace. Luckily Josh wasn't hurt.

Burleigh 5-3 Fresher Fisters

A much needed Burleigh win was achieved through a display of classy football and hard work as Burleigh dominated the game.

The first goal a superb strike from Alex straight into the top corner, the second and third two good finishes from Chris Smith before Fresher Fisters decided to make a game of it and pulled two back through Chris Durning losing possession both times.

However Durning made up for his earlier errors by cooly curling a 4th into the top corner giving Burleigh much needed breathing space for his 4th League goal this season.

Fresher fisters then went onto concede a late penalty slotted away by Chris Smith for a much deserved Hat trick.

Top match! Delighted to get back on the scoresheet.

still a bit dissapointed that i didnt save any of the 3 one-on-ones that fresher fisters had :angry:

i tend to be good at one-on-ones aswel

we deserved the win anyway, and alex's goal was great. the other goals were tap ins

loughborough foxes next week.....

8-1 in the game today vs St Patricks.

Two for Shrek with his left foot :o

Gutted I missed that one, he's now level on goals with me! lol

:blink: Have i just read that right?! lol!! Shrek scoring?! Just imagining his celebrations im pissing myself :D

Well done boys - extend the lead next week :thumbup:

who's shrek? i know someone who's called that you see

shrek%206.jpg

It were a cracking win today, pretty easeh though.

Josh scored one of his goals with a great header from a good move - easily the goal of the game.

Well done Shreko too, amazing pace from the man.

still a bit dissapointed that i didnt save any of the 3 one-on-ones that fresher fisters had :angry:

i tend to be good at one-on-ones aswel

we deserved the win anyway, and alex's goal was great. the other goals were tap ins

loughborough foxes next week.....

Cracking save in the first half though, would have been pissed off if that had gone in as I ran half the length of the pitch to try and get back to stop it lol

Bring on the Foxes....

This game is definately on! - Rearranged fixture at Fosse's home ground Knighton Park 10.30 ko everyone welcome, please come down and support popular foxestalk posters - from Fosse - Cobbo (altho injured) Cat Burger, Tomassi, The Hillsdonator and Fosse No 9 and also Sparky who plays for West End!

Should be a good game!

Archived