Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Perfect time to bring a new manager

Far be it for me to defend Mandaric, but I think he's made the right decision here. :o

The priority is for us to stay in the division this season, then rebuild and regroup in the summer.

Sacking Kelly now would destabilise the side at a time when we're moving in the right direction.

He is short of Premiership quality, and will need to be replaced in due course, but Mandy knows when the moment will come and realises that now is not it.

ok, here are some football facts... simple but effective..... ok, not plural but singular:

Any team an any match WILL have a chance.

We limited them chances, bullied them, pushed them and caused them to faulter.

The '10 yards of space' were caused by slick passing, and decicive decisions.

Now I'm not getting carried away but credit given when due and I have to say you are putting undeserved criticism on the team.

Tell me, when to the top 4 prem teams EVER have a faultless game???

I think some LCFC supporters need a kick up the ass so they can realise where the hell we are!!!

In addition..... forget not we have lost to lowly teams and created nothing but 2 chances.... i'm being an optomist with improvement... i dont expect miracles with a lot expect.

We had that lady luck - similar to Reading's promotional party here last season !! It was OUR day and OUR party, Cov were like the boring loner at the party sifting through CDs at the host's house !!! Lady Luck smiled on us and it would have required a hell of an effort from a 'confidence-less' Cov team - ran by a manager who probably knew he was going to be replaced by Dowie, to have beaten us or even obtained a draw!!

Yet another who is unable to debate reasonably.

This forum has gone down hill seriously in recent months, which is a great shame <_<

I don't think it would be the worst time to change managers, that would have been 2 games ago. On the other hand, it is far from the best time. We are by no means safe, I think we need another 10 points now, and we've just picked up two vital wins. Let everything roll on until at least the end of the season.

Far be it for me to defend Mandaric, but I think he's made the right decision here. :o

The priority is for us to stay in the division this season, then rebuild and regroup in the summer.

Sacking Kelly now would destabilise the side at a time when we're moving in the right direction.

He is short of Premiership quality, and will need to be replaced in due course, but Mandy knows when the moment will come and realises that now is not it.

I think you're spot on here. I am not a fan of Rob Kelly and would back Mandaric should he bin him off, but it could have a detrimental effect on the players right now. Luckily for us, Mandaric won't get hoodwinked like some of our fans do and i'm sure he will dispose of Rob in due course as he's not good enough.

It all depends on who's available aswell, managers tend to be more willing to leave current jobs during the close season and there aren't many managers out of work that we'd want are there other than Keegan :D

I think we should do as the man says and trust MM. He will do what he percieves to be the right thing despite what anyone else may think. Bringing in a new Manager is a big step and it can be very disruptive, ask Cov fans about it.

MM will make his own mind up and do his own thing when he has to. He answers to none.

I think we should do as the man says and trust MM. He will do what he percieves to be the right thing despite what anyone else may think. Bringing in a new Manager is a big step and it can be very disruptive, ask Cov fans about it.

MM will make his own mind up and do his own thing when he has to. He answers to none.

Agreed, let's get this sh*te season over and done with minimum disruptions, only require 9 points for safety according to RK, and plan for next season without Kelly and the few goons who are well past it.

Kelly is out of his depth, give him money to spend will only be wasted, but he gives me alot of optimism that I one day can also become a manager!!!

So all those supporters who want to see the back of RK. Who else is out there? Dowie was never the answer - what has he ever done. Where these so called fans calling for RK's head at the end of last season.......I think not. What abcking has RK had - none. So why won't he be able to fish out the right signings. Lets not forget he has done his job with NO support. OK his main mistake is not selling Maybury when he had the chance.

And besides lets look at the last time we got a so called top name manager - Peter Taylor. He's the reason we are where we are - wasted a pocket load of money on players unworthy of the premiership.

Rob should stay - and be given some money. Then we can judge him and his team.

I agree with the majority of the points in here that Milan is now in the driving seat. He will know the right time, if and when it comes. As he said on the takeover, the primary immediate objective is security. Once we have achieved that I think he will start looking for a new manager, and I dont think RK will go until a new manager has been more or less signed, as Milan will have time to sort it all out.

It is not a good time to sack RK because it doesnt necessarily bring stability, and you cannot always get the manager you want in the middle of the season.

I seriously doubt RK will be in charge at the start of next season, but the date at which he goes will depend on:

- Who is available at the time

- RK's performance in March

I dont see Milan rushing to replace RK with any old guy, this is very very acutely a decision which could make or break Milans success. It will be carefully planned and executed. I dont expect any rash decisions. The bloke is clever.

All the best to RK for the rest of the season. Lets get behind him and the team. That includes you Barton!

I think RK is basically caretaker of us for now and has no chance of being in charge at the start of the season. MM wont risk his money on an unknown manager who has achieved little at this level and Im sure if we were in a mid-table possie when he got here may well have bought in someone straight away. He probably kept RK on board to try and steady the ship and stay in the championship.

I agree with the majority of the points in here that Milan is now in the driving seat. He will know the right time, if and when it comes. As he said on the takeover, the primary immediate objective is security. Once we have achieved that I think he will start looking for a new manager, and I dont think RK will go until a new manager has been more or less signed, as Milan will have time to sort it all out.

It is not a good time to sack RK because it doesnt necessarily bring stability, and you cannot always get the manager you want in the middle of the season.

I seriously doubt RK will be in charge at the start of next season, but the date at which he goes will depend on:

- Who is available at the time

- RK's performance in March

I dont see Milan rushing to replace RK with any old guy, this is very very acutely a decision which could make or break Milans success. It will be carefully planned and executed. I dont expect any rash decisions. The bloke is clever.

All the best to RK for the rest of the season. Lets get behind him and the team. That includes you Barton!

:thumbup:

Absolutely spot on, I defy anyone to justify any alternative reasoning.

I remember when Levein was sacked and kelly took temporary charge was doing a great job stearing the club away from the relegation, majority on here said give him the chance!

Now a little over a year later with where he has had his hands tied in regards to fundage you call for him to be replaced, he should be judged with the money he has at his disposal now rather than looking back.

This is a new era for our club with money available, and I personally will judge Kelly on how he handles the cash from now on!

Archived