Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

My Relegation Fears Banished !

The bottom clubs are so shite that I actually think we would stay up with about 4 more points. Realistically, despite a difficult run in I doubt that we can be dragged into the scrap after a faboulous February! The other way to look at it is that if we win our game in hand we are just a snip of 10 points from the play-offs lol!

My relegation fears will not be banished until we are mathematically certain to avoid the drop. This is possibly the best way for the club to look at things as well, as it'd ensure the lads keep scrapping and trying to grind out wins in order to keep us up. Brilliant stuff. More points in a shorter space of time means there will be more time for us to concentrate on looking up the league when we're guaranteed safety.

(badly worded but perhaps somebody will catch the drift. And I'm not talking playoffs.) :cool:

It has certainly put us in a far more comfortable position, that's for sure. No-one could see where a run like this was going to come from and I think that just this once, Rob and the boys should be given some credit for pulling themselves out of it.

I don't think we were ever going to be relegated... but now it is even less likely... ;)

I agree with many here that whilst we have been as inconsistent as the weather this season, more so than usual, the bottom 4 have been worse.

I don't see the bottom 4 making it out of there, and if we can keep getting wins and draws, we can end the idea by end of month.

I do agree with lcfc_jme though, the club needs to think that every game should be won.... because that is the only way we can perform to our peak and get the maximum results.

Is anyone else getting bored of the same old routine.

Play sh*te until the end of February when fears are starting to become reality.

I don't know about most people but i'm sick of the team languishing down at the bottom of the table until the final 3rd of the season when they decide to pull thier fingers out and get a few results to stave off relegation.

Is anyone else getting bored of the same old routine.

Play sh*te until the end of February when fears are starting to become reality.

I don't know about most people but i'm sick of the team languishing down at the bottom of the table until the final 3rd of the season when they decide to pull thier fingers out and get a few results to stave off relegation.

I know what your saying. Does anyone else think all this smells distinctly of last season?? Started playing well from Feb onwards?? Then go into the summer with real enthusiasm.

Difference is, this season we should be able to make some quality signings in the summer and properly go for it next year.

And i think if we end up in the top half, that would be decent

I know what your saying. Does anyone else think all this smells distinctly of last season?? Started playing well from Feb onwards?? Then go into the summer with real enthusiasm.

Difference is, this season we should be able to make some quality signings in the summer and properly go for it next year.

And i think if we end up in the top half, that would be decent

When the chips are down we seem to fight and show our worth. We did it last season and once again we are doing it this season albeit with a different squad.

The start of the season is so important and we need to start flying to get the confidence and react quickly to a defeat because one thing we have failed to do is get out of the rot when we get a bad result or two.

i`m still worried that these three games might just be a blip, i am just waiting for us to mess the good run up. bad that i`m expecting it i know but cant blame me.......

dont think we will go down now, we need to just keep on ploughing and get ourselves as high as poss, i`m just worried that when its mathmatically impossible to go down or when they have reached kellys 50 points target they will stop trying.....

i`m still worried that these three games might just be a blip, i am just waiting for us to mess the good run up. bad that i`m expecting it i know but cant blame me.......

dont think we will go down now, we need to just keep on ploughing and get ourselves as high as poss, i`m just worried that when its mathmatically impossible to go down or when they have reached kellys 50 points target they will stop trying.....

I think we will stuggle in the last set of games but Im pretty confident that we will gain points against away to Southend and home to both QPR and Leeds (cant wait for that game against Wise). Famous last words but I`d put the mortgage on us staying up now.

We'll play badly in March and well in April to complete the good month/bad month run.

So by that logic we'll lose our last game. Yay!

lol I hope not as that may be the game that Wolves have to win to get into the play-offs! On the plus side we have 7 home games left and 5 away which gives us a chance to get the singing at the stadium to a higher level and to improve our poor home form. Maybe we can use the last 7 home games to set the precedent for next season. We need to turn the Walkers into a fortress and not play the weak footy that has seen us lose to rubbish like Burnley, Hull and Sheff Weds to name a few.

Does anyone else think all this smells distinctly of last season?? Started playing well from Feb onwards?? Then go into the summer with real enthusiasm.

Maybe our players suffer from SAD (Seasonally Affected Disorder)?

The bright sunshine perks them up a bit.

*Cue three humorous posts about SAD & our season thus far*

I'm saving my judgements for the West Brom game (should get down again, first time in my life I'll have made the trip down for two consecutive home games :o). If we get thrashed, I'll say that the job is not yet done. If we put up a performance but lose, I'd say we should be safe. If we draw, whether via a poor performance or not, I'd say we should be safe. If we draw and play well, I'd say top half. If we win at all, I'd say, why can't we make the playoffs?

West Brom are a different calibre of team and if we can get a result I think we should be firmly looking forward. But I'll probably wait for the game to decide if we can get anywhere near the playoffs. If we beat West Brom and concentrate to win the game after, I'd be tempted to say "We can do this".

Kelly's 50 point margin is too high - that won't be required to avoid relegation !! I'd say about 45.

the facts do not back this up.

only last season and back in 1988/89 has 45 points been enough to stay up.

in fact in 2003/04 season walsall were relegated with 51 points

in 2004/05 gillingham were relegated with 50 points

in 2000/01 huddersfield were relegated with 48 points

in 2001/02 crewe went down with 49 points

interestingly in the infamous 1990 season we finished 22nd with 50 points and were only save from relegation by the fact that only 2 sides went down that season.

so though we have done well in the last few games imo we still need 3 wins to be safe as things stand at the moment based upon some of the more recent seasons. this is a league in which any side can beat any other side so it is possible that 50 points may not be enough even though i would agree that the bottom 4 are starting to look the likely candidates.

Archived