Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

' I was there '

I was skint then and coudn't get a ticket.. Was listenging on the radio with my windows open on Jarrom Street... The roar when we equalised was the loadest I heard in 3 years living close to Filbo. It added a little something to the radio commetnary!

It's on u tube if you wanna see it!

Given that Mark Morrison wasn't even around let alone jailed until the early-mid nineties.... no it wasnt in that game. The Carling Stand was definately there as I was sat in the front row.

What are you talking about..when did I mention him? :blink:

Further to my earlier post, I have been thinking and thought I'd put a bit of flesh on the bones

Leicester 5 Cambridge 0 (Play Offs 1992) - I remember worrying in the run up to this game that we'd get roasted by the Cambridge battering ram of Dion Dublin and Steve Claridge. It was a beautiful evening and I had a ticket in the Filbert Street end. From the moment "Ooohh" Tommy Wright put us in front at the Kop end, we were brilliant. Stevie Thompson added another before the break and Kevin "Rooster" Russell headed the third, Wright made it 4-0 and even beanpole Ormondroyd got on the scoresheet (I think it was his first for the club). Blackburn beat Derby the same night and I distinctly remember the kop chanting "We don't need Paul Kitson". We were going to Wembley!!

Portsmouth 0 Leicester 2 (Championship ????) - rain rain rain rain more rain rain big rain big rain more rain rain rain rain rain biggger rain rain. This rain combined with Portsmouth's "basic" facilities (i.e no roof) made for a miserable day. I seem to remember the second half consisting the City fans (and to be fair, some Pompey fans at that end of the ground too) standing there - every one wondering what the hell they were doing there.

If we had not gone 2-0 up I have no doubt that the ref would have abandoned the game. Was anyone else here at that game. There must have been 6 inches of water on some parts of the pitch. We got kept behind (in the rain) just to complete the misery.

Nope that was at Vicarage Road against Watford..he was so relieved that he dropped to his knees and then fell flat on his face.. :thumbup:

1 that sticks in my mind is Brian Littles first match back against leicester as villa manager. the atmosphere that night was the nastiest most evil i've ever witnessed.

1 that sticks in my mind is Brian Littles first match back against leicester as villa manager. the atmosphere that night was the nastiest most evil i've ever witnessed.

True...but how satisfying to see the smug git get his come-uppence eventually :P

My first ever game - 1987 vs Swindon Town in Pen 2. Jimmy Quinn puts Swindon 2-0 up, before Paul Ramsey, Walsh and Mark Venus late on give us a 3-2 victory - a great comeback in about the last 20 minutes or so - that's how I got hooked on the City and the lads at Primary School, namely Robert Glover, Robert Weston, Neil Bates et al all got me into the City as a result - away from the clutches of being a Rangers and Liverpool fan!!

Here you are, teams I can generally remember that day off the top of my head :- I've missed out ones I can't remember

City Swindon

1 Paul Cooper 1 Nicky Hammond

2 David Langan 2 Dave Hockaday

3 Robbie James 3 Phil King

4 Russell Osman 4 Leigh Barnard

5 Steve Walsh 5 Colin Calderwood

6 Mark Venus 6

7 Gary McAllister 7 Charlie Henry

8 Mike Newell 8 Chris Kamara

9 Jari Rantanen 9 Jimmy Quinn

10 Ali Mauchlen 10Steve Foley

11 Gary Ford 11 Bobby Barnes

sub Paul Ramsey

And on the same day.. Man.City beat Huddersfield 10-1 at home : I know that Imre Varadi scored loads. Now this shows how old and sad I am :thumbup:

Must be away at leyton orient to clinch promotion, only little then ! went on the pitch at the end of the game, came out of the ground God knows where and took ages to find my friends dads car !!!

celebrated all the way home, not only promotion but not being left in London.

Beating Sunderland one nil when Ade finally scored, ripped his shirt off and ran around the pitch like a lunatic. That has to go down as one of the funniest/most cringeworthy moments in LCFC history. Bless him, he was so happy. Then when I saw the reply and he'd basically miskicked it!

Old Trafford around 1998, Tony Cottee clinched the best smash and grab victory for Leicester i've ever witnessed. I'd love to see the match stats to this game, Man United must of had 15-20 shots on target. Keller just wouldn't let anything past him, launched himself at anything that stepped foot in the penalty box.

Just about to post about that match. What a day that was. Met MON, Cottee and Keller after the match. MON actually stopped his radio interview to have a chat with us and sign the programme after the match (he probably couldn't have continued with us in the back ground anyway). We were the last fans to leave Old Trafford when they shut the bar and kicked us out.

Very happy memories :D

My first ever game - 1987 vs Swindon Town in Pen 2. Jimmy Quinn puts Swindon 2-0 up, before Paul Ramsey, Walsh and Mark Venus late on give us a 3-2 victory - a great comeback in about the last 20 minutes or so - that's how I got hooked on the City and the lads at Primary School, namely Robert Glover, Robert Weston, Neil Bates et al all got me into the City as a result - away from the clutches of being a Rangers and Liverpool fan!!

Here you are, teams I can generally remember that day off the top of my head :- I've missed out ones I can't remember

City Swindon

1 Paul Cooper 1 Nicky Hammond

2 David Langan 2 Dave Hockaday

3 Robbie James 3 Phil King

4 Russell Osman 4 Leigh Barnard

5 Steve Walsh 5 Colin Calderwood

6 Mark Venus 6

7 Gary McAllister 7 Charlie Henry

8 Mike Newell 8 Chris Kamara

9 Jari Rantanen 9 Jimmy Quinn

10 Ali Mauchlen 10Steve Foley

11 Gary Ford 11 Bobby Barnes

sub Paul Ramsey

And on the same day.. Man.City beat Huddersfield 10-1 at home : I know that Imre Varadi scored loads. Now this shows how old and sad I am :thumbup:

Doh sad man that I am, I think Chris Kamara wore number 6 for Swindon and Steve White would have been number 8 :dunno:

Urm at Man Utd. game I won tickets to anywhere in Europe with BMI Baby (but my mum and dad took them and went to Czech Republic) but Bobby Charlton was there, he shook my hand, I just said "hi..." and then he went and the kind old lady told me who it was because I didn't know :D

Old Trafford around 1998, Tony Cottee clinched the best smash and grab victory for Leicester i've ever witnessed. I'd love to see the match stats to this game, Man United must of had 15-20 shots on target. Keller just wouldn't let anything past him, launched himself at anything that stepped foot in the penalty box.

I popped my cherry that day!!

Saturday 25th January 1975 FA Cup 4th Round Leicester City v Leatherhead.

11 years old at the time. Remember watching Football Focus-type programme at lunch-time which featured a gobshite from Leatherhead by the name of Chris 'The Lip' Kelly who was their star striker. We were on a bad run and hadn't won for 12 or 13 games. 'The Lip' was spouting off about how they were going to beat us.

Then me and Dad went to Filbo and stood in the corner to the right of the Kop, the area that became the away fans corner.

Half-time City 0 Leatherhead 2!!! Two goals from 'The Lip'!! They were all over us :(

2nd half we were a totally different team and dominated to win 3-2 with goals from Jon Sammels, Steve Earle and the winner from Keith Weller.

Attendance 32090!!! Them were the days!!!

2-0 against pompey in the rain. the rain is reminding me now what it was like. Quality day that was.

I was there with my 6 year-old lad. We got there at 1.15 and sat down in the roofless end. We got soaked but didn't care - awesome day!!

Bit of a bummer at the end as we got bombarded with half-bricks on the walk to the station with the City lads. The bad bit was that we were going south from Fratton Station and ended up getting on the train with all the Pompey fans heading into Pompey and on to the Isle of Wight! All the other City fans had to get on the northbound platform!

I was there with my 6 year-old lad. We got there at 1.15 and sat down in the roofless end. We got soaked but didn't care - awesome day!!

Bit of a bummer at the end as we got bombarded with half-bricks on the walk to the station with the City lads. The bad bit was that we were going south from Fratton Station and ended up getting on the train with all the Pompey fans heading into Pompey and on to the Isle of Wight! All the other City fans had to get on the northbound platform!

i know mate how long did they keep us in after the game it seemed bloddy ages. Was a fun time on the bus back though, maybe not for you :whistle:

i know mate how long did they keep us in after the game it seemed bloddy ages. Was a fun time on the bus back though, maybe not for you :whistle:

Absolutely soaked but what a day!!! All the City players came over to us at the end then, IIRC, they came back over to us when they came back out for their warm-down 'cos we were all still there!!!

Taggs was awesome that day!

Absolutely soaked but what a day!!! All the City players came over to us at the end then, IIRC, they came back over to us when they came back out for their warm-down 'cos we were all still there!!!

Taggs was awesome that day!

'same old leicester taking the piss' was the chant if i can remember. I also remeber bullying the hell out of shaka hislop telling him that clever trevor was going to score, didn't happen though :whistle:

Just a few away games that have really stuck in my memory include (given that I am only 16):

Derby 2-1 :D

Walsall 4-1 :D

Both 2002/03

Man City 3-0 :D

2003/04

Reading (FA Cup) 2-1 :D

Spurs games, last one at Filbo was special :D , and the FA cup de Vries last minute was special :D .

I was at that game - My first competitive city game! (before it was the benegal thing lol) it was absoultely brilliant. The fans were awesome so were the team and scowy got a last min winner! Plus it was better for me so I could shove 2 fingers up to the locals :D

The other was Fulam 4-3 the fans were awesome again! lol

Ten memorable matches for me, in no particular order...

1 - City 2 Palace 1, (95/96)

2 - City 5 Cambridge 0 (91/92)

3 - Swindon 4 City 3 (92/93)

4 - City 3 Swindon 2 (87/88)

5 - City 4 Leeds 3 (89/90)

6 - City 2 Chelsea 0 (88/89)

7 - Newcastle 4 City 3 (96/97)

8 - Blackburn 5 City 3 (97/98)

9 - City 1 Blackburn 3 (90/91)

10 - City 0 Blackburn 1 (91/92)

lol

Further to my earlier post, I have been thinking and thought I'd put a bit of flesh on the bones

Leicester 5 Cambridge 0 (Play Offs 1992) - I remember worrying in the run up to this game that we'd get roasted by the Cambridge battering ram of Dion Dublin and Steve Claridge. It was a beautiful evening and I had a ticket in the Filbert Street end. From the moment "Ooohh" Tommy Wright put us in front at the Kop end, we were brilliant. Stevie Thompson added another before the break and Kevin "Rooster" Russell headed the third, Wright made it 4-0 and even beanpole Ormondroyd got on the scoresheet (I think it was his first for the club). Blackburn beat Derby the same night and I distinctly remember the kop chanting "We don't need Paul Kitson". We were going to Wembley!!

Portsmouth 0 Leicester 2 (Championship ????) - rain rain rain rain more rain rain big rain big rain more rain rain rain rain rain biggger rain rain. This rain combined with Portsmouth's "basic" facilities (i.e no roof) made for a miserable day. I seem to remember the second half consisting the City fans (and to be fair, some Pompey fans at that end of the ground too) standing there - every one wondering what the hell they were doing there.

If we had not gone 2-0 up I have no doubt that the ref would have abandoned the game. Was anyone else here at that game. There must have been 6 inches of water on some parts of the pitch. We got kept behind (in the rain) just to complete the misery.

Great memories...I was at an exhibition in London for the Cambridge game I was listening to the radio in the hotel bar...still remember the looks on faces as I ran around the hotel garden screaming!!!!!!!

Was also at Pompey that day...my mate (a saints fan!) went with me and ended up in hospital with pneumonia!!!!!

Does everybody else have a wife that constantly reminds you of your ability to recall these details but not her birthday/anniversary etc. lol:doh::whistle:

Archived