Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

' I was there '

one of the most vital wins in our history in 1991 when Tony James scored the winner against Oxford on the last day of the season waiting to hear West Broms result to determine if we would be relegated to the 3rd division. This match was so vital to the Little and MON eras that followed if we had gone down things may have been very very different now!!

I was there and on the pitch at the end!!! :D

were you a late substitute then :P

were you a late substitute then :P

along with the other 10000 fans yes!! :D

in the good old days when a friendly pitch invasion was allowed without fear of a truncheon round the back of the head!!

My top 10 games

1) Derby 2-1 (Wembley), 1994

2) Middlesbrough 1-0, (Hillsborough), 1997

3) Atletico Madrid 1-2 (away), 1997

4) Shrewsbury 5-2 (home), 1982

5) Derby 4-0 (away), 1998

6) Chelsea 2-0 (away), 2000

7) Leeds 4-0 (home), 2003

8) Sunderland 2-1 (away), 1999

9) Fulham 1-0 (away), 1983

10) Tottenham 3-2 (home), 2006

I was at that one too, I was about 10 years old, stood on my milk crate behind the dug out.

When Mark Wallington came off at 2-1 Shrewsbury, me and my matchday buddy (shared my milk crate) were both in tears. He wanted to go home!! When we stuffed them 5-2, it was one of the happiest memories of my childhood!

Kevin Russell's 93rd minute winner against Tranmere in Little's first season when the place just erupted. Realised we had a great chance of going up. And the 2-1 over Cambridge in the same year - Gee's diving header and Ooooh Tommy Wright's screamer. Crammed in Pen 2 with a couple of thousand locked out.

MON left norwich, heskey on his debut leicester vs norwich, what a game at home,

Leicester 4 - O Derby, what a game what a 1st half-hour,

Leicester 3-0 Cov

Leicester 5 - 2 Sunderland, deadly heskey n collymore,

chelsea 2 - 2 Leicester, guppy with his amazing swerving shot, crazy

FA Cup when leicester beat arsenal on peno's

just a few games

Ignoring the obvious (Play off finals & the Tony James special)

May 1993 - Newcastle 7 - 1 Leicester (David Kelly & Andy Cole hat tricks but best moment was Steve Walsh's goal - We were already 7 - 0 down at that point and the Geordies were cheering the goal) - It was actually a great atmosphere

1992/93 - Sheffield Wednesday 7 -1 Leicester - Nowhere near as much fun as the Newcastle game - Cold, wet, miserable - Again we came back from 7 - 0 down - I think Bobby Davidson scored?

and my first game ever

1974 Leicester 0 - 2 leeds

Also saw Ozzy Ardiles and Ricardo Villa play their first game for spurs (a 1 - 1 draw) against fo***t at the city ground 19th Aug 1978

Ignoring the obvious (Play off finals & the Tony James special)

May 1993 - Newcastle 7 - 1 Leicester (David Kelly & Andy Cole hat tricks but best moment was Steve Walsh's goal - We were already 7 - 0 down at that point and the Geordies were cheering the goal) - It was actually a great atmosphere

1992/93 - Sheffield Wednesday 7 -1 Leicester - Nowhere near as much fun as the Newcastle game - Cold, wet, miserable - Again we came back from 7 - 0 down - I think Bobby Davidson scored?

and my first game ever

1974 Leicester 0 - 2 leeds

Also saw Ozzy Ardiles and Ricardo Villa play their first game for spurs (a 1 - 1 draw) against fo***t at the city ground 19th Aug 1978

Are you a Fo***t fan mate??!!!

My top memories:

1. Beating Cambridge 5-0 in the Play Off Semi Final at Filbert Street

2. Getting soaked to the bone in the game which really should have been called off at Fratton Park in Mickey Adams' promotion season - we won 2-0

3. Beating Liverpool 2-0 at Filbert Street to go 4th (I think) the week before the Wycombe Wdrs FA Cup game when the wheels came off

4. Getting soaked at Meadow Lane in the ZDS Cup Semi Final when (racking brain) Paul Fitzpatrick(?) headed our extra time goal to win

5. RIchard Smith's last minute winner against Palace (FA Cup 3rd Round) - first time we'd won a FA Cup game in about 327 years

The back to back own goals by Frank Sinclair against Arsenal and then at home to Chelsea at the start of the 1999/00 season were pretty special, even if it did mean we only picked up 1 point from the 2 matches, when had he not inexplicably scored those 2 own goals would have given us 3 extra points.

Mad Frank - Legend

Two real recent memorys that I really enjoyed, for most people these wont immediatly come to mind

- Right opposite Lillian Nalis when he socred his 35yrd cracker, special game for me as we took my late Grandad on his 84th birthday who loved his one and only visit to the Walkers, sadly he was never fit enough to get to any more but he was our lucky charm that day!

- The second was Craig Higgnets against Arsenal to equalise really late on when we were last in the Prem, again that one really meant a lot and that was one of the highlights of that season.

That 4-4 draw with Watford on a Boxing Day 13 years ago. I was sat in the east stand (before they built the new scoreboard) completely lost track of the score. Though I remember Walshy bagged a couple!

Surprised no has mentioned this one yet - Leicester 3 Arsenal 3 at Filbo. Absolute classic, one of the games of the season not just for Leicester but the whole Premiership.

Steve Walsh injury time equaliser if I remember rightly. Forking legend.

I was skint then and coudn't get a ticket.. Was listenging on the radio with my windows open on Jarrom Street... The roar when we equalised was the loadest I heard in 3 years living close to Filbo. It added a little something to the radio commetnary!

Most people have mentioned the games I'd put down.

However Paul Bodins penalty for Swindon in 93 still remains INGRAINED in my memorey.

3-1 V Spurs 94/95 wasn't to bad either. We had our own goal of the month competition.

My first trip to Wembley :cry:

Last game as Leicester Fosse in 1914 and poor old Charlie Barrons own goal Tut! We all went off to the Great War after that and kicked our footballs across no-mans land towards the Hun's trenches. Unfortunately, we were all quite badly killed, except 'Lucky' Leggy Turner who contracted Syphillis and missed 'kick off'.

Way back in the 80's Leicester 6 Carlisle 0 (by half time!) or did I dream it? :dunno:

Given that Mark Morrison wasn't even around let alone jailed until the early-mid nineties.... no it wasnt in that game. The Carling Stand was definately there as I was sat in the front row.

Last game as Leicester Fosse in 1914 and poor old Charlie Barrons own goal Tut! We all went off to the Great War after that and kicked our footballs across no-mans land towards the Hun's trenches. Unfortunately, we were all quite badly killed, except 'Lucky' Leggy Turner who contracted Syphillis and missed 'kick off'.

YOU WERE AT THAT MATCH?? :o

No waaay lol

:D:P:D

i had to sit that skirmish out out on the touchline with the fat wheezy boys :P

Further to my earlier post, I have been thinking and thought I'd put a bit of flesh on the bones

Leicester 5 Cambridge 0 (Play Offs 1992) - I remember worrying in the run up to this game that we'd get roasted by the Cambridge battering ram of Dion Dublin and Steve Claridge. It was a beautiful evening and I had a ticket in the Filbert Street end. From the moment "Ooohh" Tommy Wright put us in front at the Kop end, we were brilliant. Stevie Thompson added another before the break and Kevin "Rooster" Russell headed the third, Wright made it 4-0 and even beanpole Ormondroyd got on the scoresheet (I think it was his first for the club). Blackburn beat Derby the same night and I distinctly remember the kop chanting "We don't need Paul Kitson". We were going to Wembley!!

Portsmouth 0 Leicester 2 (Championship ????) - rain rain rain rain more rain rain big rain big rain more rain rain rain rain rain biggger rain rain. This rain combined with Portsmouth's "basic" facilities (i.e no roof) made for a miserable day. I seem to remember the second half consisting the City fans (and to be fair, some Pompey fans at that end of the ground too) standing there - every one wondering what the hell they were doing there.

If we had not gone 2-0 up I have no doubt that the ref would have abandoned the game. Was anyone else here at that game. There must have been 6 inches of water on some parts of the pitch. We got kept behind (in the rain) just to complete the misery.

Archived